"Low In High School" album cover posted by Linder on Instagram

Linder just posted what seems to be the cover of the new album! Nothing you wouldn't have expected from Morrissey, to be quite honest...

UPDATE 3:30 PM PT:
Image has been removed from Linder's Instagram.

40695_low_in_high_school_sleeve.jpg

Also posted in the comments by Bluebirds:

According to a FB post by James Maker which shows said cover (Follow-up posted by Famous when dead: "James Maker has since clarified the issue - HMV is the problem"):

I publish this in support of a friend, and in the cause of democracy. Trade and Retail* have informed BMG that they will refuse to handle Morrissey's new album, 'Low in High School' on the grounds that the sleeve art is "offensive". Thus, the entire campaign is in jeopardy unless Morrissey and his record company rethink the album cover. x

(* The HMV chain refuse to stock it.)

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Posted by unloveable:

Btw that is Mando Lopez son...

And by Famous when dead:

...Indeed, Max Lopez who lives in East L.A.
He was also present in Italy during recording of the album.

Posted by an anonymous person:

The photograph is by Tony Molina. The musician?

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, royalty in the UK costs each taxpayer only about £0.62 per annum. Secondly, the British monarch is purely ceremonial; the queen has no actual power and, thirdly, the concepts of republic and social equity don't necessarily go hand-in-hand (see "USA" for further details).

In principle, I'm not at all an advocate of monarchy. The Windsors' position, their wealth and their privilege is unearned and unjustifiable in a society that flatters itself that it is meritocratic. Mind you, precisely the same can be said of celebrities.

Would-be pop-stars like your idol, Morrissey, ought to be mocked and ridiculed out of existence. In fact, they are being mocked out of existence. Take a look around these boards: it's happening already, and has been happening for years. Long gone are the days when people like Morrissey could preserve the kind of mystique necessary for fans' deference and awe.

In the age of the Internet, the music industry is in its death-throes, and some people's lingering attachment to pop-stars who believe they should be worshiped for just singing a few trivial songs and poncing about on a stage isn't insanity - it's utter stupidity.

Grow up.

If you believe someone should not be "worshiped for just singing a few trivial songs and poncing about on stage" and call it insanity... Which are the acts or merits of people you tolerate or excuse that continue being treated as a superior kind of human beings by calling them "majesty" or "excellency" and giving them a lot of privileges and the right to diminish others in many ways?

Last edited:
Would-be pop-stars like your idol, Morrissey, ought to be mocked and ridiculed out of existence. In fact, they are being mocked out of existence. Take a look around these boards: it's happening already, and has been happening for years. Long gone are the days when people like Morrissey could preserve the kind of mystique necessary for fans' deference and awe.

In the age of the Internet, the music industry is in its death-throes, and some people's lingering attachment to pop-stars who believe they should be worshiped for just singing a few trivial songs and poncing about on a stage isn't insanity - it's utter stupidity.

Grow up.

KA5GaEv.jpg

Last edited:
Firstly, royalty in the UK costs each taxpayer only about £0.62 per annum. Secondly, the British monarch is purely ceremonial; the queen has no actual power and, thirdly, the concepts of republic and social equity don't necessarily go hand-in-hand (see "USA" for further details).

In principle, I'm not at all an advocate of monarchy. The Windsors' position, their wealth and their privilege is unearned and unjustifiable in a society that flatters itself that it is meritocratic. Mind you, precisely the same can be said of celebrities.

Grow up.

Omg, bravo, bravo. Hero writing right there. ☠️:):guitar::rolleyes::rock:

Thank you, sane words

Firstly, royalty in the UK costs each taxpayer only about £0.62 per annum.

Or, to put that another way, the British public currently pay the amount amount to the Queen and her immediate family as they would pay to about 3,100 primary school teaching assistants. That's three f***ing thousand one hundred. Purely on their living costs, mind you. It doesn't include funding their travel and official engagements, and it doesn't take into account the many millions of pounds they make each year from owning state assets.

Meanwhile all the teaching assistants are being sacked at the moment so that wealthy people can pay less tax, and the Queen's benefit claim has gone up by 47% over the last few years.

Morrissey's album sleeve might be rubbish, but defending that disgrace is something else.

Or, to put that another way, the British public currently pay the amount amount to the Queen and her immediate family as they would pay to about 3,100 primary school teaching assistants. That's three f***ing thousand one hundred. Purely on their living costs, mind you. It doesn't include funding their travel and official engagements, and it doesn't take into account the many millions of pounds they make each year from owning state assets.

Meanwhile all the teaching assistants are being sacked at the moment so that wealthy people can pay less tax, and the Queen's benefit claim has gone up by 47% over the last few years.

Morrissey's album sleeve might be rubbish, but defending that disgrace is something else.

If you read as far as the second paragraph of what I wrote, you'll see that I said I'm not particularly in favour of monarchy, so I'm not trying to defend either the institution or the people involved.

If the great British public want to redistribute wealth away from "wealthy people" - and, personally, I wish they would - they have the option of voting for a party that advocates that policy. The queen won't (and can't) stand in their way. Let's not pretend, though, that abolishing the monarchy is going to create a more equal, or more equitable, society. To do that, the state would need to enact taxation policies that harm the material interests of the relative few who do unjustifiably well out of capitalism - people like Morrissey. Isn't it curious that we don't hear him advocating that position? Suppose it'd be a difficult pose for a tax-exile to pull off.

If you read as far as the second paragraph of what I wrote...

I was only addressing the part I quoted, which was pure monarchist propaganda designed to make a disgraceful waste of money sound like nothing that anyone should be at all bothered by. If you're not personally in favour of it, why regurgitate its PR bullet-points?

Omg, bravo, bravo. Hero writing right there. ✌:):guitar::rolleyes::rock:

Thank you, sane words

TAX THE MONARCHY !!!!

or should one say... TAX THE ROYALS ROYALLY !!!

:cool:

I was only addressing the part I quoted, which was pure monarchist propaganda designed to make a disgraceful waste of money sound like nothing that anyone should be at all bothered by. If you're not personally in favour of it, why regurgitate its PR bullet-points?

It may well be a waste of money, but then lots of public money is shamelessly wasted as a matter of routine. Abolition of the monarchy would accomplish little. For the most part, criticism of royalty tends to be just lazy, sixth-form posturing from people who, in practice, balk at the idea of doing anything meaningful to actually reduce inequity.

Maybe Morrissey could help by returning from Swiss exile and paying his tax? Morrissey is part of the 2% elite. He is part of the problem, but likes to posture as a poor working-class downtrodden revolutionary. He hasn't lived in this country in years, and is completely out of touch with it. He writes furious missives about the greedy Royal Family, whilst lounging next to swimming pools in luxury 5 star hotels.

I don't like the Royal family much, but on balance I think they provide a better service to this country than old Joy-Sapper does.

You seem to miss the fact that they add over a billion pounds to the uk economy each year.

'Morrissey cannot and will not be silenced ' - BMG :thumb:

MORRISSEY WINS AGAIN !!!!
:rock::rock::rock::rock:

So Morrissey's friend Linder posts then deletes the album cover and his other friend James Maker comes to his defence over the possible boycott of the album due to the "artwork".

Does Morrissey not have any official management representing him? For someone who only wants to sign for the majors, his PR is to say the least, very indie.

You seem to miss the fact that they add over a billion pounds to the uk economy each year.

If you're going to pull a number out of your bum, isn't a billion a bit under-ambitious?

Of course they bloody don't. If we cut their heads off, maybe we get as many tourists as France.

Tags
album cover linder low in high school low in high school info new album

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom