"Low In High School" album cover posted by Linder on Instagram

Linder just posted what seems to be the cover of the new album! Nothing you wouldn't have expected from Morrissey, to be quite honest...

UPDATE 3:30 PM PT:
Image has been removed from Linder's Instagram.

40695_low_in_high_school_sleeve.jpg

Also posted in the comments by Bluebirds:

According to a FB post by James Maker which shows said cover (Follow-up posted by Famous when dead: "James Maker has since clarified the issue - HMV is the problem"):

I publish this in support of a friend, and in the cause of democracy. Trade and Retail* have informed BMG that they will refuse to handle Morrissey's new album, 'Low in High School' on the grounds that the sleeve art is "offensive". Thus, the entire campaign is in jeopardy unless Morrissey and his record company rethink the album cover. x

(* The HMV chain refuse to stock it.)

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Posted by unloveable:

Btw that is Mando Lopez son...

And by Famous when dead:

...Indeed, Max Lopez who lives in East L.A.
He was also present in Italy during recording of the album.

Posted by an anonymous person:

The photograph is by Tony Molina. The musician?

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesse adds 'some other merchants' to just HMV:

20170910_182451.png

Regards,
FWD.

The cover art & album title ... is all mediocre. People yammering.. quit filling his head full of lies. Not his best work... hopefully the music within it's contents is more methodical then this dreadful album sleeve.
Who cares if the boy is from East L.A. Anyone with any sense wouldn't let their child be on such horrible artwork.
Just because it says Morrissey on it.. don't be a Poser & go with it.. even when it's BAD.
Have some type of integrity & say SOMETHING.
Fire your Squad... they are lying to you!

I thought the image was odd in as much as Max has just turned 8 and is a little young for High School.
The literal axing of the Monarchy is obvious, but the low... remains to be seen.
Regards,
FWD.

Maybe if the kid wears a burqa?

Would not make any sense at all BUT that kid in front of the white house would. Moz has attacked Trump before and after the election and so the kid outside his office would make more sense than the current cover picture.

Also, what does the title have in common with the cover picture?

Nuffink, unless the kid is some kind of genius attending high school already and with the axe he might be a student at Columbine.

Jesse also said this on twitter some hours ago
" other UK retailers "
I guess we'll have two or more covers ...

Attachments

• IMG_3857.jpg
    IMG_3857.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 0
The cover intrigues me deeply and at first glance it looked like a mix between a record cover and a book cover and the cover of some guided tour brochure. I just don't know how anyone was able to mix so many styles and making it ending up looking so amateurish.

It is like someone did the worst cut and paste job in history and felt no love at all for the project at hand. Someone is taking the piss big time.

Well, it already did what it supposed to do.
It's kind of funny but a bit flawed.
He's become mild in his middle age years.
I mean it's not mean enough.
I hope there will be some cutting insults in his email interviews.
Come on Moz, that axe is not sharp enough, it's a kids toy for christ sake! :rock:

It's a pretty shit cover. Only proper solo album not to feature HRH Moz apart from Southpaw Grammar. Perhaps it's thematic. Lowness with her head in a sling. Or perhaps not. Doesn't bode well either way.
Anyway what's happened to the hyphen? I imagine this will vex Morrissey although one questions where the quality self-control is nowadays..

Took me a while but now I know the meaning of the title and cover. The kid will be low in high school from being bullied for appearing on that album cover.

Simples!

It's a pretty shit cover. Only proper solo album not to feature HRH Moz apart from Southpaw Grammar. Perhaps it's thematic. Lowness with her head in a sling. Or perhaps not. Doesn't bode well either way.
Anyway what's happened to the hyphen? I imagine this will vex Morrissey although one questions where the quality self-control is nowadays..

Yeah, the hyphen :head-smack:

Tags
album cover linder low in high school low in high school info new album

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom