"Lover-To-Be" red vinyl 45 released today for Record Store Day (13 April, 2019)

47197_i_thought_you_were_dead_bside.jpg

5d6f87fa4c4936bb8f02aced575868d4.jpg

Today sees the release of Lover-To-Be b/w
I Thought You Were Dead 7" red vinyl.

Both tracks were recorded in 2017 as part of the Low In High School sessions (confirmed by Damiano Mazzarella who contributes vocals - via his IG and by the vinyl itself).

With no clear details, it appears there are somewhere between 1000-4000 copies of this record worldwide.
That said: by hook or by crook the B-side will eventually appear here for people to hear.
There have always been decent people here who strive to share rarities and this track won't be an exception.
Even if I have to tunnel through my storage locker to find my turntable.

This year's RSD has a very varied mixture of rarities and the general feeling I just experienced at the midnight opening event I attended was positive and friendly - no tension over the rarer items.

The Bowie stuff went quickly.
I managed to nab a Propaganda box set - The Eight Testaments of Propaganda (not had a ZTT record in a long time),
Lover-To-Be, Lee Scratch Perry 7" (with Boz, Johnny Bridgewood & Woodie Taylor), Clockwork Orange 7", Bowie - Pinups picture disc & Prince 12". Overall, a pretty good haul. There was an eclectic mix of things on offer this year and I'd guess the industry will only offer more of the same next year.
RSD really does appear to have grown in popularity.

I missed out on the great looking Bowie - Just a Gigolo blue vinyl, Bronski Beat pic disc, Art Of Noise, Suede (coming out anyway) and The Fall, but hopefully the Ebay vultures will go easy on me.

I know very few people went record shopping at midnight, but feel free to contribute your successes and regrets if you are participating in RSD today.

Tired & spent out.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
Record Store Day 2019 - Leftovers Vol. 2

Lover-to-be
Artist(s): Morrissey
Additional Information: CLEAR RED VINYL

EAN/UPC Code: 4050538473117
Item-Number: 4050538473117
Medium: EP (analog)
Genre: RSD 2019
Set Count: 1

Information: Exclusive clear red 7" with unreleased track ' I Thought You Were Dead'.

Limited Record Store Day release. Only limited quantity available. Just 1 copy per order.

Availability: Item immediately available

9,99 EUR

www.dodobeach.de

c91msp9e.j31.200.jpg

PLEASE NOTICE: The availability of a record is referring to our store in Schöneberg. If you want to know whether a record is in stock at Dodo Beach East, please contact us via phone (+49 30 442 800 4) or e-mail to [email protected].
sold out as well :straightface:

The website www.dodobeach.de is for their branch in West-Berlin Schöneberg. Possible that in their East Berlin branch in Prenzlauer Berg the 7" is still available. On Saturdays the shelf was full.

"PLEASE NOTICE: The availability of a record is referring to our store in Schöneberg. If you want to know whether a record is in stock at Dodo Beach East, please contact us via phone (+49 30 442 800 4) or e-mail to [email protected]."

sold out as well :straightface:

The website www.dodobeach.de is for their branch in West-Berlin Schöneberg. Possible that in their East Berlin branch in Prenzlauer Berg the 7" is still available. On Saturdays the shelf was full.

"PLEASE NOTICE: The availability of a record is referring to our store in Schöneberg. If you want to know whether a record is in stock at Dodo Beach East, please contact us via phone (+49 30 442 800 4) or e-mail to [email protected]."
in the East nada is possible any longer ... :straightface:

Edit (April 14): with the clear sound rip now appeared I have to admit the song is „so nice!“ :)

...Where are people seeing this? I see you people MENTIONING it but nobody is linking or giving any information about where this is. Maddening.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom