"Lover-To-Be" red vinyl 45 released today for Record Store Day (13 April, 2019)

47197_i_thought_you_were_dead_bside.jpg

5d6f87fa4c4936bb8f02aced575868d4.jpg

Today sees the release of Lover-To-Be b/w
I Thought You Were Dead 7" red vinyl.

Both tracks were recorded in 2017 as part of the Low In High School sessions (confirmed by Damiano Mazzarella who contributes vocals - via his IG and by the vinyl itself).

With no clear details, it appears there are somewhere between 1000-4000 copies of this record worldwide.
That said: by hook or by crook the B-side will eventually appear here for people to hear.
There have always been decent people here who strive to share rarities and this track won't be an exception.
Even if I have to tunnel through my storage locker to find my turntable.

This year's RSD has a very varied mixture of rarities and the general feeling I just experienced at the midnight opening event I attended was positive and friendly - no tension over the rarer items.

The Bowie stuff went quickly.
I managed to nab a Propaganda box set - The Eight Testaments of Propaganda (not had a ZTT record in a long time),
Lover-To-Be, Lee Scratch Perry 7" (with Boz, Johnny Bridgewood & Woodie Taylor), Clockwork Orange 7", Bowie - Pinups picture disc & Prince 12". Overall, a pretty good haul. There was an eclectic mix of things on offer this year and I'd guess the industry will only offer more of the same next year.
RSD really does appear to have grown in popularity.

I missed out on the great looking Bowie - Just a Gigolo blue vinyl, Bronski Beat pic disc, Art Of Noise, Suede (coming out anyway) and The Fall, but hopefully the Ebay vultures will go easy on me.

I know very few people went record shopping at midnight, but feel free to contribute your successes and regrets if you are participating in RSD today.

Tired & spent out.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
View attachment 48691

View attachment 48690

Today sees the release of Lover-To-Be b/w
I Thought You Were Dead 7" red vinyl.

Both tracks were recorded in 2017 as part of the Low In High School sessions (confirmed by Damiano Mazzarella who contributes vocals - via his IG and by the vinyl itself).

With no clear details, it appears there are somewhere between 1000-4000 copies of this record worldwide.
That said: by hook or by crook the B-side will eventually appear here for people to hear.
There have always been decent people here who strive to share rarities and this track won't be an exception.
Even if I have to tunnel through my storage locker to find my turntable.

This year's RSD has a very varied mixture of rarities and the general feeling I just experienced at the midnight opening event I attended was positive and friendly - no tension over the rarer items.

The Bowie stuff went quickly.
I managed to nab a Propaganda box set - The Eight Testaments of Propaganda (not had a ZTT record in a long time),
Lover-To-Be, Lee Scratch Perry 7" (with Boz, Johnny Bridgewood & Woodie Taylor), Clockwork Orange 7", Bowie - Pinups picture disc & Prince 12". Overall, a pretty good haul. There was an eclectic mix of things on offer this year and I'd guess the industry will only offer more of the same next year.
RSD really does appear to have grown in popularity.

I missed out on the great looking Bowie - Just a Gigolo blue vinyl, Bronski Beat pic disc, Art Of Noise, Suede (coming out anyway) and The Fall, but hopefully the Ebay vultures will go easy on me.

I know very few people went record shopping at midnight, but feel free to contribute your successes and regrets if you are participating in RSD today.

Tired & spent out.
Regards,
FWD.

Dear FWD,
You deserve to spend the day in bed!
Your fan,
Erik

Good effort

RSD appears to be be a global thing?

I reckon it's only 11:00PM in Moz Angeles on April 12 right now. What f***ing far away foreign land are all you people from mate inn n nnn nnn nnnn n it.

anyone know what the japan item is,one of my first albums and turned me into a real hardcore japan fan,fall in love with me is such a great track.

It was looking for a while like this was gonna be fairly tough to acquire, and that the 1,000 worldwide limit might be true. No such case tho, there’s fooking tons on these! Prob close to 4000-5000, similar to the Boy With The Thorn In His Side. I’ve got 10 on the way myself!

Went for the Motorhead double single, hadn't heard of this one, but saw it on the list whilst queing so had to get it. Waiting for my wife to wake up so I can play it loud! Beautiful red vinyl, looks stunning.
IMG_20190413_085351_690.jpg

It was looking for a while like this was gonna be fairly tough to acquire, and that the 1,000 worldwide limit might be true. No such case tho, there’s fooking tons on these! Prob close to 4000-5000, similar to the Boy With The Thorn In His Side. I’ve got 10 on the way myself!
quick question,why would you want ten.

Most of the shops are getting only one copy, but then after today you can order them. I think it's to help generate interest in today, although I know some records are genuinely limited edition only for today types.

Went for the Motorhead double single, hadn't heard of this one, but saw it on the list whilst queing so had to get it. Waiting for my wife to wake up so I can play it loud! Beautiful red vinyl, looks stunning. View attachment 48695
have you heard there cover of bowies heroes,check it on youtube,love it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom