"Lover-To-Be" (Ltd ed.) coming soon previously unreleased B-side - Morrissey Central (5 Feb, 2019)

46043_lover-to-be.gif

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/limited-edition

Lover-To-Be gets a vinyl release.
The late Donnelly Rhodes as cover star (image previously seen on Central)
Red for Valentines day?
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
SER: "Stay tuned" when asked about a release date on his FB page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange indeed to release a bonus track from an album reissue as a 7" single two months later. It'll be curious to see what ends up as the B-Side.

"Lover To Be" is a fun little song [which was refreshing because LIHS is not exactly a fun album], but definitely not top-tier material, IMO.

Reckon The California Son has been trying to learn "Under The Bridge" during his weekly guitar lessons with John Frusciante at Sunset Sound. Reckon a cover of Under The Bridge for the B side would be TOP ACE MENTAL m8 inn n n nnn n nn din't n n n n n n nn n it.

Strange indeed to release a bonus track from an album reissue as a 7" single two months later. It'll be curious to see what ends up as the B-Side.

"Lover To Be" is a fun little song [which was refreshing because LIHS is not exactly a fun album], but definitely not top-tier material, IMO.

Agreed on all counts. Complete speculation of course, but perhaps revisiting LIHS deluxe album with this single is yet another sign that a California Son release is not as close we thought? Maybe a March release was never realistic in the first place (and perhaps meant more as a statement of intention than fact)? On that note, I'm wondering if California Son will even have singles?

Last edited:

totally agree harsh,fun song with a sixties feel to it.

Not at all, my favourite band is Buzzcocks and they rarely set the charts alight. I’m also a big fan of Bob Mould who used be in Husker Du.
Yes! Bob Mould is from my neck of the woods. Just excellent, Surface!

So recording for the new album of original songs could be on?

There isn't any logic in what he is doing, right?
Recording an album of brand new songs while his recorded covers album i still on the shelves waiting for a release. And in the meantime, he's releasing a B-side song as a limited edition vinyl. Some people must still be sharing his obsession with singles & vinyls.
Oh well.

People know this:

this limited red vinyl release will sell out immediately!!:thumb:

VERY SECRET INFO: in a few years it will be very collectible and worth\
at least a THOUSAND POUNDS UK!!! YES TRUE!

most of the sock puppet trolls here are on the dole and cant buy that
why they are dissing but ignore and make yourself a MINT
by buying several copies:rock:

That looks like a 12” to me, scale wise with the label etc. - all this talk of 7”s, I think we might be in for a big’un?

Remember when the B sides could be better than the A side? Whats the chances?

So, prior to my prediction about California Son faux artwork being spread as real comes:

theironbridge~1549491071~1973596612055907363_1609260066.jpg

This is not official and is more of TheIronBridge's graphic design that gets spread as real by various people.
It is his assertion about 'previously unreleased B-side' - the Central post doesn't differentiate between whether the title track is the 'unreleased' track or if it will feature a new one (let's hope it's the latter).
Regards,
FWD.

So, prior to my prediction about California Son faux artwork being spread as real comes:

View attachment 47566

This is not official and is more of TheIronBridge's graphic design that gets spread as real by various people.
It is his assertion about 'previously unreleased B-side' - the Central post doesn't differentiate between whether the title track is the 'unreleased' track or if it will feature a new one (let's hope it's the latter).
Regards,
FWD.
But lover-to-be is released...?

But not blue dreamer eyes...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom