"Lover-To-Be" (Ltd ed.) coming soon previously unreleased B-side - Morrissey Central (5 Feb, 2019)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Feb 5, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Feb 5, 2019 at 9:43 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Surface
      Surface
      Is that a good thing or a sign of how low his career has fallen?
    2. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      Well, show me the artists that have consecutive vinyl number ones.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Surface
      Surface
      Maybe the B sides off California Son?
    4. Surface
      Surface
      You really do like clutching at straws.Liam Gallagher sold 16000 vinyl copies of his last album in one week and that was the most any artists has sold in the last 20 years

To answer your question, Noel Gallagher for one. Let me ask you this question, who has had a number one vinyl album with the same album hitting number one in the normal charts or the same for a single? That’s a true measure of success.

It’s great that he gets these number ones but I don’t think it’s a sign of an artist that shifts a lot of product
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It would make sense for something like this to be issued on Record Store Day.

Which probably means that it wont be. :)
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Ossie
      Ossie
      A contender for the weakest single of his career?
      • Like Like x 3
    7. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      It isn’t necessarily, but who said it was?

But having consecutive vinyl number ones certainly isn’t a sign for a fallen career, which you bizarrely claimed.
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    8. Surface
      Surface
      Of the vinyl number ones he has had, not one got into the normal top 100, which means he is probably selling less than 500 of these records, that’s not great.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      Again nobody says it’s great.
      You claim his career is fallen because he has vinyl number ones which is bizarre.

And this is a limited edition, so it won’t sell more than this limited amount, no.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Surface
      Surface
      I think his career has fallen in the UK since last year. I fully expect a farewell tour in the not too distant future although he did say he wouldn’t be playing the UK again back in 2015.
    11. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      You may think so, no need to stress it in every single post on here though.

And it clearly isn’t backed up by any evidence whatsoever.
    12. Surface
      Surface
      Postponed tour in 2018 is evidence, no dates have been rescheduled
    13. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      That’s what you keep coming back to, very thin evidence won’t you say?
      Shows get cancelled everywhere and all the time.
    14. Surface
      Surface
      Has he cancelled a full European tour before?
    15. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Given its title is on the front cover, it's pretty safe to assume it's the A-side.
      B-side remains a mystery.
      Donnelly Rhodes is named in the OP.
      Regards,
      FWD.
    16. Eldritch
      Eldritch
      After This Is Morrissey one shouldn't be surprised about anything, but this is still a very curious release. A late vinyl single of a very minor song (I'm being very diplomatic here) from a vinyl-only limited edition deluxe album. As for the b-side, surely there is some recent live cover that has not been aired yet?

As for the vinyl chart debate, 7-inch singles are a very niche format. Getting a number one in that chart means nothing at all money- or success-wise. These are fan-only releases that are unlikely to make any profit. Good for you if you enjoy collecting them, but that's all.
      • Like Like x 2
    17. falconneil
      falconneil
      Maybe Moz isn't for you and you should listen to Coldplay or the Backstreet Boys instead because your idea of good music appears to be based on how many units they sell.
    18. Surface
      Surface
      Not at all, my favourite band is Buzzcocks and they rarely set the charts alight. I’m also a big fan of Bob Mould who used be in Husker Du.
    19. Halloway
      Halloway
      This could well be the first ever double b-side single release.
      • Funny Funny x 7
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      No, he said quite specifically, that there would be no point in additional touring without any new material. Things changed...but there may now be a different reason not to return if Dave and his friends are going to protest wherever and whenever he intends to play.

SOSB