Love

The show sucked yesterday. I almost fell asleep.

love1.jpg

Last edited:
Fell in love once so far. And caught him in my going away party with another girl on my bed. Long story told in one sentence...

Gosh. So many of you have such a negative opinion of love. Granted, I have been very lucky in love, so what do I know? BUT, I think my attitude had a lot to do with that. You all talk about loved up couples being sickening and false. I never saw it that way. When I was still single I would look at those couples and think how lucky they were and how nice it was that they'd found someone to love.

In other words, stop being so bitter and cynical about love and maybe you'll find it?

Of course, it's also partly just the luck of the draw, but don't burn any bridges.

I've been in love three times. The first was a decent person who should have known and, perhaps, behaved better, the second was a horrible scumbag (I hope he dies horribly and in pain) and the third (and last) is my absolute best friend. I've been very lucky. But it felt like it took a long time to find him!

isn't that 'life experience'? A term you like to use

Which life experience are we talking about?

Aren't all emotions different....you can't control when you feel sad or happy. Isn't what happens around you, that actually shapes these emotions that you experience.

Emotions only incite a different mental reaction, but they are basically all the same. You most certainly can control how you feel, and if that were not the case, then people would never be held accountable either legally or morally for their actions. One could simply say "I couldn't control that I got so mad I murdered 10 people. Not controllable, sorry." The immediate actions and the intense emotion are linked.

One can control if they are angry, sad, joyous. Ask any psychiatrist. It's simply a matter of self control. Perhaps you and the majority of the people here do not possess the willpower and mental awareness to control yourselves, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. It most certainly can, and is on a daily basis by millions.

Blazies, he's totally C-3P0. i hear C-3P0 in my head when I hear his posts. I wish I had a dollar for every one of Arsenal's posts that mentioned "national statistics." which...come to think of it...what nation is he talking about? Arsenal is Canadian, so his points are completely moot if he's looking up Canadian statistics.

The US Census, which has been in effect since the 1700's. It contains data about everything from divorce rates, average life span, drug use etc. I don't make these things up, your own government studies and catalouges them on an annual basis, as is has for over 200 years.

Which life experience are we talking about?

Emotions only incite a different mental reaction, but they are basically all the same. You most certainly can control how you feel, and if that were not the case, then people would never be held accountable either legally or morally for their actions. One could simply say "I couldn't control that I got so mad I murdered 10 people. Not controllable, sorry." The immediate actions and the intense emotion are linked.

One can control if they are angry, sad, joyous. Ask any psychiatrist. It's simply a matter of self control. Perhaps you and the majority of the people here do not possess the willpower and mental awareness to control yourselves, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. It most certainly can, and is on a daily basis by millions.

The US Census, which has been in effect since the 1700's. It contains data about everything from divorce rates, average life span, drug use etc. I don't make these things up, your own government studies and catalouges them on an annual basis, as is has for over 200 years.

but murdering someone is an action. not a feeling.

Gosh. So many of you have such a negative opinion of love. Granted, I have been very lucky in love, so what do I know? BUT, I think my attitude had a lot to do with that. You all talk about loved up couples being sickening and false. I never saw it that way. When I was still single I would look at those couples and think how lucky they were and how nice it was that they'd found someone to love.

In other words, stop being so bitter and cynical about love and maybe you'll find it?

Of course, it's also partly just the luck of the draw, but don't burn any bridges.

It can feel so pointless though. You work so hard to find love, and then it's gone before you realize it. Most of the people I have wanted to be with have been rejecting, already taken, or damaged beyond repair.

but murdering someone is an action. not a feeling.

It is an action based off an extreme emotional feeling. You act based on your emotions. If you are happy, you more than likely smile. If you are sad, you show it in your face. If you are lonely you may seek out the company of others or show physical signs of depression.

For each emotion there is a physical reaction in some way. Many murders are based off of anger. You get so mad you pick up a wrench and hit someone. Your emotion dictated your physical action, so if you argue you cannot control one, how you can you possibly control the other?

It is an action based off an extreme emotional feeling. You act based on your emotions. If you are happy, you more than likely smile. If you are sad, you show it in your face. If you are lonely you may seek out the company of others or show physical signs of depression.

For each emotion there is a physical reaction in some way. Many murders are based off of anger. You get so mad you pick up a wrench and hit someone. Your emotion dictated your physical action, so if you argue you cannot control one, how you can you possibly control the other?

Wait, are you seriously saying that when you're happy you can't help smiling? Of course you can, for example if you're at a funeral. No matter how you feel, you can control what you do (unless you go temporarily crazy). You don't have to control your emotion in order to be able to control your action.

but an emotion doesnt 100% guarantee a specific action. lots of people get angry, doesnt mean they go around hitting people with wrenches. certain people have more self control than others. you can control actions under certain emotions. you could probably even hide emotions well. hold back tears, have a blank look. fake smiles. but deep down inside if you feel a certain way you cant just change that on a whim

OK, I'm gonna open my heart for you lot now.
1. I haven't have sex in over a month
2. I'm still in love with a guy that dumped me some time ago
3. I'm desperate falling in love with someone new, and has made this random guy I saw yesterday the ideal man(like in my head), and Ive asked all my friends about him, and all they can say is; "Oh, him! He drinks like ... a lot." Or, "Wow, that guy whose upchuck is yellow?" + all his friends seems to be girls around 14-15. So it's really hard to fall in love with him.

All I want is getting drunk and meet someone, it's so much easier that way, but now I cant drink until December:( I miss someone like craaaaaazy, and feel lonely, though I spend very little time alone. And now my ex sends me SMS's, that we should meet again, but I cant say yes, though that's all I want:(

Wuh. Feels good putting it down.

OK, I'm gonna open my heart for you lot now.
1. I haven't have sex in over a month
2. I'm still in love with a guy that dumped me some time ago
3. I'm desperate falling in love with someone new, and has made this random guy I saw yesterday the ideal man(like in my head), and Ive asked all my friends about him, and all they can say is; "Oh, him! He drinks like ... a lot." Or, "Wow, that guy whose upchuck is yellow?" + all his friends seems to be girls around 14-15. So it's really hard to fall in love with him.

All I want is getting drunk and meet someone, it's so much easier that way, but now I cant drink until December:( I miss someone like craaaaaazy, and feel lonely, though I spend very little time alone. And now my ex sends me SMS's, that we should meet again, but I cant say yes, though that's all I want:(

Wuh. Feels good putting it down.

ha, aw baby, that kinda sounds like my life. cept I dont have to wait until december to drink (I'd die!!!). but i always fall for guys who do drink alot. and i havent had sex in lots of months, andddd, sometimes i think im still inlove with a guy who dumped me over 5 years ago!!! :o:p

but what i really wanna know is why everyone knows what color that guys puke is? haha :confused:

ha, aw baby, that kinda sounds like my life. cept I dont have to wait until december to drink (I'd die!!!). but i always fall for guys who do drink alot. and i havent had sex in lots of months, andddd, sometimes i think im still inlove with a guy who dumped me over 5 years ago!!! :o:p

but what i really wanna know is why everyone knows what color that guys puke is? haha :confused:

LOL. Oh God, it's good hearing there's more weirdos dreaming about the ex:o It's really very embarrasing.

Well, I dunno why people know that, but it certainly aint charming:o

Back
Top Bottom