Love Music Hate Racism event by Dave Haslam - Manchester, same night Morrissey plays (July 8, 2018)

http://www.davehaslam.com/#/one-nation-under-a-groove/

Ex-Hacienda DJ Dave Haslam is throwing a free party to coincide with Morrissey’s forthcoming visit to the city. He says the party, featuring more than a dozen of the city’s top DJs is “in response to Morrissey’s divisive views, and his support for the far-right.”

Morrissey has attracted controversy for a host of remarks and opinions – including undermining the #metoo campaign and claiming there’s “no difference between eating animals and paedophilia”.

In recent years, the ex-Smiths singer’s views on race have become particularly strident. Morrissey has described the Chinese people “a sub-species”, heavily criticised Angela Merkel for opening German borders to refugees, and has gone on record supporting far-right figures like Anne Marie Waters and EDL founder Tommy Robinson. He does, however, claim to have “Muslim friends”.

“Manchester is our home, it’s a city built on immigration, a city with an amazing legacy of great bands and wonderful clubs,” says Haslam. “Music brings people together. Strangers become brothers, sisters. All this positivity spreads into the city and beyond.”

Haslam points out Manchester’s solidarity and sense of community in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack, which he contrasts with Morrissey’s pronouncements; “Morrissey hasn’t lived in the city for thirty years – he lives abroad in tax exile – and has now joined the ranks of various right-wing politicians, tax exiles, tabloids, and media hate-slingers seeking to divide our community.

“There are counter arguments. There are many of them. But for now, I’ve decided to counter the hate by throwing a free party, a celebratory all-dayer of beautifully diverse soul-filled, hope-filled music…”

The event on Sunday July 8th, entitled ‘One Nation Under A Groove’ will take place at Revolution on Deansgate Locks from 3pm until midnight.

DJs include DJ Paulette (Flesh), Dom (Blood & Fire), and Irfan Rainy (Community). In addition, Haslam himself is joining forces with Elliot Eastwick and Jason Boardman to resurrect the hugely successful ‘Yellow’ brand as a one-off for the event.

Admission is free, but a collection will be taken, which will be donated to the charity Love Music Hate Racism.

“It might not be coincidence that the venue is just a few hundred yards from where Morrissey is playing,” admits Haslam.

“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome,” he says.

+++ Facebook event page with full DJ line-up here;

43336_groove2-02.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link:

Dave Haslam throws 'positive protest party' against Morrissey at the same time as his Manchester gig - Manchester Evening News
“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Err, you just couldn't be more wrong. He expressed his views on Yaxley-Lennon not last year, but this year. The mental gymnastics a brain-dead acolyte such as you has to go through to justify clinging to a racist...
Get it into your thick, bigoted skull, that thousands are turning off because he likes racists. It's just that simple. But simple and obvious isn't your thing, is it?

Heil!!
Are you on the brown fungi? WTF?
Next thing SKINNY STASI will be confiscating MOZ CDS replacing them with Korans.:rolleyes:

Effective, yes. Magnificent, though? Doesn’t seem the right description for someone whose main use of their spare time is deliberately winding up strangers for his own amusement. What a terribly sad life. I’m not entirely innocent here, because I enjoy a good old internet windup myself, but my goodness some of the people who dwell on these forums have dedicated their life to the internet equivalent of tommy-knocking. Imagine how much happier they would be in themselves if they devoted all that energy to something positive... like maybe supporting an artist they admire.

WTF?
Let me see if I get this STRAIGHT? If you favor Moz at the Moz website (in theory, in reality we all know
this is where the insane in the membrane congregate against Moz:crazy:) you are a troll>how does that work?
LOL
Devote yourself to something positive like stasi-ing someone who I hate at a site dedicated to the hatee in question?

I think the COMET:drama: may have hit and nobody noticed.:crazy: Maybe I should check in the mirror
for any sudden tattoos,:crazy: I think if i put the computer up to the mirror it may read SkinnyNutjob-soloand with suckpuppets.com:straightface:

Vegan Cro is a magnificent troll and let me tell you why. Number one, they clearly don't take themselves too seriously, it's obvious they're having fun with their pretty coloured posts and nor do they really give a damn about what anyone else thinks. Number Two, despite the protestations of those they troll you can see by the amount of times Vegan Cro is mentioned in thread after thread after thread that they are having the desired effect or why else mention him/her at all? A terrible troll is someone that nobody notices. With all the 'I was blocking you, but now I'm not blocking you, but then I'm gonna block you again' shenanigans..........well it seems like Vegan Cro has you dancing to their merry tune.

And lastly but not leastly you can always tell if a troll's trolling is working by the amount of hate, bile and profanity thrown their way and in the case of Vegan Cro that is a lot. Now admittedly I haven't read every single one of Vegan's posts but as far as I can see they don't really ever seem to use profanity nor based attacks, the same cannot be said for Vegan's victims. The nastiness and avalanche of profanity that he/she gets in return for what amounts to a little light hearted trolling seems rather excessive to me and certainly evidence that in fact Vegan Cro is a very very effective troll.

To be fair it's difficult to ignore the f***er if he posts 15 times in a row but thankfully his childlike ability with language and over use of smilies makes him a piece of piss to skim past. I disagree that he's a good troll though, he quotes me repeatedly but I never bother to read that nonsense or any of his other drivel. If you're a good troll people don't just skip past everything you write, he's just wasting his life.

To be fair it's difficult to ignore the f***er if he posts 15 times in a row but thankfully his childlike ability with language and over use of smilies makes him a piece of piss to skim past. I disagree that he's a good troll though, he quotes me repeatedly but I never bother to read that nonsense or any of his other drivel. If you're a good troll people don't just skip past everything you write, he's just wasting his life.

LOL CHEZZ another one 'fascinated' by me. Love Hate same as with Moz.:crazy:

WtF? Welcome back to the Days of Our Lives, where the Chezz tho never reading my posts
has much to pontificate about them
Appreciate you taking time out from your busy day kissing Fuhrer S rear.:rolleyes:

The views he expressed since February have in no way differed from what he expressed at the end of 2017, so they are no factor as far as I am concerned.

Broadly, I'd agree. But there are two important and extremely obvious ways in which things changed when Morrissey came out as a supporter of For Britain.

First, he had never previously been quite so explicit about his politics. IMO, he'd been explicit enough, but a lot of fans had remained unwilling to accept what was staring them in the face. It was the rest of us making five out of two plus two. But his statement in April cut that way of thinking off at the knees.

Second, most of the people who used to go to his gigs were casual fans. They certainly don't follow his every move and they're mostly going to be unware of his opinions on various matters, unless they are brought to their attention, which an occasional article on the Guardian website is not going to do. What happened in April was that, as a result of his For Britain comments, Morrissey's name trended on Twitter in the UK. Probably the biggest couple of days of publicity exposure he has ever had. So now all those casual fans are suddenly aware of where Morrissey stands politically and, what's more, there's no room for doubt or denial.

So, that's the two key reasons things are different now to what they were in February.

Last edited:
Slazenger is very popular in Germany someone told me once so every Rolf and his red face is wearing it.

With Der Spiegel there was the "I didn't say it" bollocks when he blatantly did. After not saying what he did say he then went on to say the same thing lots of times while adding a slice of extra dodginess with each extra comment.

All of this reaction was just to appease those of us who were a bit WTF at his comments but instead of appeasing people he just nailed the end for himself with a lot of people.

As children will know from their parents, disappointment is much worse than anger. He's disappointed a lot of his fans and to be honest it'll be interesting to see how he comes back. I think a scaling down of the band and much smaller venues is his future musically which would probably be no bad thing. On a personal level he might go a long way to forget he's a 'star' and start being a 'normal' person again. And stop listening to f***wits.

Well since he does state of the union announcements from his mama's sofa he's in a bit of mess. Hes all over the place and part of me feels a wee bit sorry for him. I personally would never have gone to another gig and in past happily spent a lot of money on travel and hotels etc. My issue was that any of the money would be going to fund For Britain. I
With Der Spiegel there was the "I didn't say it" bollocks when he blatantly did. After not saying what he did say he then went on to say the same thing lots of times while adding a slice of extra dodginess with each extra comment.

All of this reaction was just to appease those of us who were a bit WTF at his comments but instead of appeasing people he just nailed the end for himself with a lot of people.

As children will know from their parents, disappointment is much worse than anger. He's disappointed a lot of his fans and to be honest it'll be interesting to see how he comes back. I think a scaling down of the band and much smaller venues is his future musically which would probably be no bad thing. On a personal level he might go a long way to forget he's a 'star' and start being a 'normal' person again. And stop listening to f***wits.

even have a very different filter when I come accross any of his music and its now not so enjoyable.

Well since he does state of the union announcements from his mama's sofa he's in a bit of mess. Hes all over the place and part of me feels a wee bit sorry for him. I personally would never have gone to another gig and in past happily spent a lot of money on travel and hotels etc. My issue was that any of the money would be going to fund For Britain. I

even have a very different filter when I come accross any of his music and its now not so enjoyable.

In "Der Spiegel he defenitely did? WTF? This is not Nazi Germany Moz can speak what he pleases.:crazy:

Now we have to Nazi up to what Moz may or may not do with his money. LOL
All this from peeps living off assistance, the DOLE and receiving welfare. They dont want
'their money' etc.
As if they ever have had jobs. Its totally UNREAL> its like DADA or SURREALISM:crazy:

In "Der Spiegel he defenitely did? WTF? This is not Nazi Germany Moz can speak what he pleases.:crazy:

Now we have to Nazi up to what Moz may or may not do with his money. LOL
All this from peeps living off assistance, the DOLE and receiving welfare. They dont want
'their money' etc.
As if they ever have had jobs. Its totally UNREAL> its like DADA or SURREALISM:crazy:

I have to point out, again, Morrissey doesn’t support Britain First, it was For Britain he advised everyone to vote for.
Which is at least an improvement on his stance of ‘Don’t bother voting at all’.

The only improvement I can see is that he no longer has a good reason to perform "World peace is none of your business" live, which would make a lot of people happy because it has been overdone. But it doesn't matter anymore.

He's such a coward, isn't he, the weaselly way he slithers around saying what he actually thinks.

Marine Le Pen clearly won the debate, he percieved in some mysterious way, but he wasn't saying he supported her, oh no.

He didn't like the way in which Tommy Robinson was treated for breaching the terms of his suspended sentence, but he wasn't supporting his racism, oh no.

And he just doesn't like people that don't talk clearly, even if everyone else can understand them fine, and if you think he's racist just because the target of those comments was Sadiq Khan then it's YOU that are the racist.

What's he going to come out with next? "Anders Breivik had lovely hair and Rosa Parks had horrible hair, but I'm making no comment on them politically"?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Charlie Cheswick, post: 1987093069, member: 23827"
I think a scaling down of the band and much smaller venues is his future musically which would probably be no bad thing. On a personal level he might go a long way to forget he's a 'star' and start being a 'normal' person again. And stop listening to f***wits.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a beautiful dream to my ears.
How positive are you that this will actually happen?

[QUOTE="Charlie Cheswick, post: 1987093069, member: 23827"
I think a scaling down of the band and much smaller venues is his future musically which would probably be no bad thing. On a personal level he might go a long way to forget he's a 'star' and start being a 'normal' person again. And stop listening to f***wits.

How positive are you that this will actually happen?[/QUOTE]

Positive that he'll have to scale down the band, negative on the latter.

How positive are you that this will actually happen?

Positive that he'll have to scale down the band, negative on the latter.[/QUOTE]

I would love a more acoustic sound, but he's never going to get rid of Jesse and Jesse's guitar playing style is just not suited for that.

Positive that he'll have to scale down the band, negative on the latter.

I would love a more acoustic sound, but he's never going to get rid of Jesse and Jesse's guitar playing style is just not suited for that.[/QUOTE]
We can only dream that he will pack it in altogether and Moz really should have quit music a few years ago.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom