Love Music Hate Racism event by Dave Haslam - Manchester, same night Morrissey plays (July 8, 2018)

http://www.davehaslam.com/#/one-nation-under-a-groove/

Ex-Hacienda DJ Dave Haslam is throwing a free party to coincide with Morrissey’s forthcoming visit to the city. He says the party, featuring more than a dozen of the city’s top DJs is “in response to Morrissey’s divisive views, and his support for the far-right.”

Morrissey has attracted controversy for a host of remarks and opinions – including undermining the #metoo campaign and claiming there’s “no difference between eating animals and paedophilia”.

In recent years, the ex-Smiths singer’s views on race have become particularly strident. Morrissey has described the Chinese people “a sub-species”, heavily criticised Angela Merkel for opening German borders to refugees, and has gone on record supporting far-right figures like Anne Marie Waters and EDL founder Tommy Robinson. He does, however, claim to have “Muslim friends”.

“Manchester is our home, it’s a city built on immigration, a city with an amazing legacy of great bands and wonderful clubs,” says Haslam. “Music brings people together. Strangers become brothers, sisters. All this positivity spreads into the city and beyond.”

Haslam points out Manchester’s solidarity and sense of community in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack, which he contrasts with Morrissey’s pronouncements; “Morrissey hasn’t lived in the city for thirty years – he lives abroad in tax exile – and has now joined the ranks of various right-wing politicians, tax exiles, tabloids, and media hate-slingers seeking to divide our community.

“There are counter arguments. There are many of them. But for now, I’ve decided to counter the hate by throwing a free party, a celebratory all-dayer of beautifully diverse soul-filled, hope-filled music…”

The event on Sunday July 8th, entitled ‘One Nation Under A Groove’ will take place at Revolution on Deansgate Locks from 3pm until midnight.

DJs include DJ Paulette (Flesh), Dom (Blood & Fire), and Irfan Rainy (Community). In addition, Haslam himself is joining forces with Elliot Eastwick and Jason Boardman to resurrect the hugely successful ‘Yellow’ brand as a one-off for the event.

Admission is free, but a collection will be taken, which will be donated to the charity Love Music Hate Racism.

“It might not be coincidence that the venue is just a few hundred yards from where Morrissey is playing,” admits Haslam.

“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome,” he says.

+++ Facebook event page with full DJ line-up here;

43336_groove2-02.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link:

Dave Haslam throws 'positive protest party' against Morrissey at the same time as his Manchester gig - Manchester Evening News
“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vegan.Cro wrong again. Didn't see that one coming...

He has no interest in Morrissey, Johnny Marr or anything else on this site. He has latched on to a site which is loosely moderated and that gives him the opportunity to troll to his hearts consent. What a f***ing loser he is.

He has no interest in Morrissey, Johnny Marr or anything else on this site. He has latched on to a site which is loosely moderated and that gives him the opportunity to troll to his hearts consent. What a f***ing loser he is.

And it takes him the majority of his brain power to type a single sentence. But, I suppose he does get to post them in lovely, pretty colours, so it's a nice treat for him really.

If he is a troll he's massively under achieving. He's been at me for ever and I just couldn't give a f*** because unlike smart trolls he misses the goal with everything he says. To get under a person's skin you've got to have at least some truth to what you say and he's got nothing. I feel bit sorry for the poor bastard to be fair.

If he is a troll he's massively under achieving. He's been at me for ever and I just couldn't give a f*** because unlike smart trolls he misses the goal with everything he says. To get under a person's skin you've got to have at least some truth to what you say and he's got nothing. I feel bit sorry for the poor bastard to be fair.

His writing style helps a lot, I think, it makes it so easy to decide never to bother reading it again.

Portsmouth Guildhall have just confirmed all July gigs postponed. Until some unspecified date after Mexico show. FFS. Second time I’ve bought tickets for him to fail to turn up.

UK IS ON MOZ WATCH LIST FOR DANGEROUS COMMIE LOON POLLO ELEMENTS!!:policeofficer::policeofficer:

NOT SAFE SHARIA LAW LOOSE IN MANCHESTER NOBODY IS SAFE!!:anguished::poutingcat:

Portsmouth Guildhall have just confirmed all July gigs postponed. Until some unspecified date after Mexico show. FFS. Second time I’ve bought tickets for him to fail to turn up.

Happened to me in 2008 Greatest Hits tour at the Roundhouse. Cancelled the day I arrived in London.

Happened to me in 2008 Greatest Hits tour at the Roundhouse. Cancelled the day I arrived in London.

Was that the 5 night stint, if so I was lucky and went to the first night. Had so many great nights at Morrissey gigs, rather sad its all ended so badly for him due to him losing touch with his fan base.

Was that the 5 night stint, if so I was lucky and went to the first night. Had so many great nights at Morrissey gigs, rather sad its all ended so badly for him due to him losing touch with his fan base.

Yep. I was there to see him on the Saturday. Was f***ing gutted.

Ah man that is harsh! At least i havent gone anywhere or lost any £££. Gutted though because there was a whole gang of us going. I hope he does actually reschedule. They’ve already given the money back so it wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt rearrange at all.

Ah man that is harsh! At least i havent gone anywhere or lost any £££. Gutted though because there was a whole gang of us going. I hope he does actually reschedule. They’ve already given the money back so it wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt rearrange at all.

I can't see him rescheduling, unless he makes some big apology, writes a half decent album and stops making an enemy out of everyone going. He's said he'd reschedule gigs in the past, and he failed to do so, so I wouldn't be mega hopeful. But, at least you can claw some money back.

I can't see him rescheduling, unless he makes some big apology, writes a half decent album and stops making an enemy out of everyone going. He's said he'd reschedule gigs in the past, and he failed to do so, so I wouldn't be mega hopeful. But, at least you can claw some money back.
I like his new album.
I can cope with any amount of ‘contoversial’ stuff he spouts.
But it is shitty to cancel gigs without good reason. If they didnt sell enough tickets they should say so, not wank on about ‘logistics’.

I like his new album.
I can cope with any amount of ‘contoversial’ stuff he spouts.
But it is shitty to cancel gigs without good reason. If they didnt sell enough tickets they should say so, not wank on about ‘logistics’.

Technically not selling enough tickets is 'logists'. It makes logistical sense that you cancel the tour rather than lose money by playing half empty venues. The costs of hiring venues, security, trucks, paying musicians etc means the tour no longer makes sense.

SOOOOOOOOOOOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :guitar: :thumb: :horny::tiphat:

TWO MANCHESTER GIGS AT SUCH A HUGE VENUE PLUS READINGSOLD OUT BY MOZ WEEKS BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKINNY/SURFACE IN LEVEL RED 10 PANIC!! :tears: :ahhh:

Moz wins again.! :bow: CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowers:

:clap: :highfive:

Hi Vegan, have unblocked you just for tonight but after tonight i will block you again. Face facts son, everyone knows you are a troll, no one gives a f*** about your posts. You have no interest in Morrissey and simply abuse David T's relaxed view of letting anyone post any shit they want as an anon. You need to seek help fella, its really not good for you health spending all these hours indoors posting shit in various colours and fonts as nobody is interested.

BTW, how many posts did you make telling us how successful the European dates were? Face facts lad, what little interest anyone had in your posts has now completely evaporated - so f*** off and troll some other site that will allow twats like you to have a voice.

Last edited:

Angry message to Moz (after he has twice let me down!)

Toni those glasses
don't go well with Slazenger at all
Sports Direct say where is our chav we've lost our chav
But they should know where you've gone
because again and again you've expained
you've raided the sales at JD
there's a shop but you don't live there
but with the click on your computer
you could be wearing all their shit gear
for only a fiver not more

Oh the JD oh the JD oh the JD

Trending Threads