Love Music Hate Racism event by Dave Haslam - Manchester, same night Morrissey plays (July 8, 2018)

http://www.davehaslam.com/#/one-nation-under-a-groove/

Ex-Hacienda DJ Dave Haslam is throwing a free party to coincide with Morrissey’s forthcoming visit to the city. He says the party, featuring more than a dozen of the city’s top DJs is “in response to Morrissey’s divisive views, and his support for the far-right.”

Morrissey has attracted controversy for a host of remarks and opinions – including undermining the #metoo campaign and claiming there’s “no difference between eating animals and paedophilia”.

In recent years, the ex-Smiths singer’s views on race have become particularly strident. Morrissey has described the Chinese people “a sub-species”, heavily criticised Angela Merkel for opening German borders to refugees, and has gone on record supporting far-right figures like Anne Marie Waters and EDL founder Tommy Robinson. He does, however, claim to have “Muslim friends”.

“Manchester is our home, it’s a city built on immigration, a city with an amazing legacy of great bands and wonderful clubs,” says Haslam. “Music brings people together. Strangers become brothers, sisters. All this positivity spreads into the city and beyond.”

Haslam points out Manchester’s solidarity and sense of community in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack, which he contrasts with Morrissey’s pronouncements; “Morrissey hasn’t lived in the city for thirty years – he lives abroad in tax exile – and has now joined the ranks of various right-wing politicians, tax exiles, tabloids, and media hate-slingers seeking to divide our community.

“There are counter arguments. There are many of them. But for now, I’ve decided to counter the hate by throwing a free party, a celebratory all-dayer of beautifully diverse soul-filled, hope-filled music…”

The event on Sunday July 8th, entitled ‘One Nation Under A Groove’ will take place at Revolution on Deansgate Locks from 3pm until midnight.

DJs include DJ Paulette (Flesh), Dom (Blood & Fire), and Irfan Rainy (Community). In addition, Haslam himself is joining forces with Elliot Eastwick and Jason Boardman to resurrect the hugely successful ‘Yellow’ brand as a one-off for the event.

Admission is free, but a collection will be taken, which will be donated to the charity Love Music Hate Racism.

“It might not be coincidence that the venue is just a few hundred yards from where Morrissey is playing,” admits Haslam.

“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome,” he says.

+++ Facebook event page with full DJ line-up here;

43336_groove2-02.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link:

Dave Haslam throws 'positive protest party' against Morrissey at the same time as his Manchester gig - Manchester Evening News
“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the difference between Union Crushing and open borders, Chezz, dont be stupid.doh:
Mass Islamic immigration is going to alleviate the housing/job market??? Which commie
book exactly is that from?:crazy:

Pipe down, the grown ups are talking.

Quoting me "You can have a conversation with some right wingers on here about immigration or Islam but it always gets derailed by the f***wits".

I'm not blaming immigrants. I'm blaming people in power left and right who want to replace us with them because they find them more easily exploitable i.e They don't complain, they will work for low wages and be grateful. A fully docile public. More violent perhaps but it's all mostly contained where the rich don't live so we'll let the police deal with it and who gives a stuff. In fact I have a theory that all this was planned after the union uprisings in the 70s/80s - f*** these people, they're too clever... Replace them!
Of course more social housing needs to be built, but not as a preparation for more immigrants.

I hear what you are saying but let me give you another view. When I was young living in Burnley, I went to school with some of the kids of Asian families who moved there in the 60's. Being school kids you grow up together and now 30 years later Im still friends with some of them and a handful of us play football every week. The funny thing is, fast forward a generation and my Asian mates Dads now complain about Eastern Europeans taking over all the shops, which is exactly what our parents complained about the Asian families in the 70's. The point to my post is, the world will always be changing and life is far too short to get over anxious about anything. Do you ever wonder what your long deceased ancestors fretted over, because they won't give a shit now!

I'm not blaming immigrants. I'm blaming people in power left and right who want to replace us with them because they find them more easily exploitable i.e They don't complain, they will work for low wages and be grateful. A fully docile public. More violent perhaps but it's all mostly contained where the rich don't live so we'll let the police deal with it and who gives a stuff. In fact I have a theory that all this was planned after the union uprisings in the 70s/80s - f*** these people, they're too clever... Replace them!
Of course more social housing needs to be built, but not as a preparation for more immigrants.
I will concede that immigration and population growth in general has squeezed the working class, but the fact remains- and I'm not trying to be insensitive here- if a working class individual is tired of the squeeze, in America at least- they can say enough's enough, apply for student loans, and have a degree in two years. Less if they overload themselves on credits and bust their ass to get it.

The powers that be want to keep the poor poor, keeping them at minimum wage and in place. But many people can't grasp that and instead ask for 15 an hour for entry level work. There's enough people willing to work entry level or unskilled jobs for minimum wage, so it stays the way it is. That's why I fear poor voters more than any other. They're hungry, they're depressed, they're vicious. They'll swallow any bullshit promises fed to them by a candidate (cough cough Trump) and be too stupid to see the obvious screwjob awaiting them.

The fact is, society relies on the poor for these jobs to keep them in 99 cent hamburgers, cheap produce, and any other number of services. It's only when the poor get pressed out of the cities that their absence is noted when it doesn't pay to commute to work a shit job. This is apparent here in restaurants, large retail stores etc closing. It's going to be a funny day when all of the metropolises don't have any of the perks and character that brought people there in the first place.

I think the working classes were f***ed from the off with the Union crushing, between 3 and 5 million were put out of work in order to keep us under control at the time and vast areas never recovered. When you couple that with the housing situation, the f***ing about with the education system, charging people over 9k per year to attend University so they can improve their lot, it's all there. Once you add industry all going overseas it's not a great picture. The powers that be basically created an underclass and left millions of others fearing becoming a part of it. A genius piece of crowd management really.
I agree with everything you've said there. But now they're f***ing us even more with mass migration.

I will concede that immigration and population growth in general has squeezed the working class, but the fact remains- and I'm not trying to be insensitive here- if a working class individual is tired of the squeeze, in America at least- they can say enough's enough, apply for student loans, and have a degree in two years. Less if they overload themselves on credits and bust their ass to get it.

The powers that be want to keep the poor poor, keeping them at minimum wage and in place. But many people can't grasp that and instead ask for 15 an hour for entry level work. There's enough people willing to work entry level or unskilled jobs for minimum wage, so it stays the way it is. That's why I fear poor voters more than any other. They're hungry, they're depressed, they're vicious. They'll swallow any bullshit promises fed to them by a candidate (cough cough Trump) and be too stupid to see the obvious screwjob awaiting them.

The fact is, society relies on the poor for these jobs to keep them in 99 cent hamburgers, cheap produce, and any other number of services. It's only when the poor get pressed out of the cities that their absence is noted when it doesn't pay to commute to work a shit job. This is apparent here in restaurants, large retail stores etc closing. It's going to be a funny day when all of the metropolises don't have any of the perks and character that brought people there in the first place.
That very thing has happened / is happening to London.

I hear what you are saying but let me give you another view. When I was young living in Burnley, I went to school with some of the kids of Asian families who moved there in the 60's. Being school kids you grow up together and now 30 years later Im still friends with some of them and a handful of us play football every week. The funny thing is, fast forward a generation and my Asian mates Dads now complain about Eastern Europeans taking over all the shops, which is exactly what our parents complained about the Asian families in the 70's. The point to my post is, the world will always be changing and life is far too short to get over anxious about anything. Do you ever wonder what your long deceased ancestors fretted over, because they won't give a shit now!
The immigration of the 60s was nothing compared to the current 650,000 pouring into Britain per year (excluding illegals). It was a trickle in comparison to the migration levels post '97. Now, even current levels will be a trickle compared to what the UN have in store for us in the future.

The immigration of the 60s was nothing compared to the current 650,000 pouring into Britain per year (excluding illegals). It was a trickle in comparison to the migration levels post '97. Now, even current levels will be a trickle compared to what the UN have in store for us in the future.

Yes but most people get on with it and if it becomes a problem ( i don't think it will) you will be long gone, so why bother letting it wind you up. You had ancestors 200/1000 years ago, what did they think about the British invading all over the place?

Yes but most people get on with it and if it becomes a problem ( i don't think it will) you will be long gone, so why bother letting it wind you up?
Most people just get on with it - exactly. That's the sort of docility I'm talking about. Not caring. Shrugging your shoulders and going Meh.
That's how it all ends.
Yes, the British invaded and created an Empire. But they also invented the modern world.

Most people just get on with it - exactly. That's the sort of docility I'm talking about. Not caring. Shrugging your shoulders and going Meh.
That's how it all ends.
Yes, the British invaded and created an Empire. But they also invented the modern world.

Did the people in those countries back then feel any different to what you do in this era?

Did the people in those countries back then feel any different to what you do in this era?
What you're really saying behind all these silly questions is: Brits deserve to be battered by immigration because of the crimes of the Empire.
Well let me tell you this, the same type of people who plundered nations in the past are doing the same today.
The rich, the elite, the ruling class, call them what you like.
It's ordinary people who suffer, now and then, because of their financial greed.

What you're really saying behind all these silly questions is: Brits deserve to be battered by immigration because of the crimes of the Empire.
Well let me tell you this, the same type of people who plundered nations in the past are doing the same today.
The rich, the elite, the ruling class, call them what you like.
It's ordinary people who suffer, now and then, because of their financial greed.

No, what I'm really saying is that you're an angry little man getting yourself all wound up about what you perceive is happening to this country, when your ancestors did exactly the same to other countries in the past.

Good for him I say. People have the right to not agree with the shite Morrissey has been saying lately, or they have a right to ignore it (or agree with it), so whatever. People can do what they want to do. I myself will be protesting when Morrissey comes to my hometown next month, by not buying a ticket or going to the show.I think the fact that nothing of these shows have sold out says everything there is to say. Morrissey certainly hasn't disappeared, but a large part of his sensible fan base has.

Good for him I say. People have the right to not agree with the shite Morrissey has been saying lately, or they have a right to ignore it (or agree with it), so whatever. People can do what they want to do. I myself will be protesting when Morrissey comes to my hometown next month, by not buying a ticket or going to the show.I think the fact that nothing of these shows have sold out says everything there is to say. Morrissey certainly hasn't disappeared, but a large part of his sensible fan base has.

Public is renewed all the time. Those in show business know it. Artists with very long careers know it.

What writers of these articles don't seem to consider is how many people outside of their media bubble actually agree with Moz's opinions.
That means more people who will discover his music.
It's a win win - good news all round.

Pipe down, the grown ups are talking.

Quoting me "You can have a conversation with some right wingers on here about immigration or Islam but it always gets derailed by the f***wits".

Chezz, you need to look at your contradictions and try to eliminate them:rolleyes:

Unions have for decades been the prime opponents of open borders due to the influx
of cheap labor:crazy: Isnt that what you loons are always harping on? That the illegal
immigrants work cheaper?
Maybe we should start passing laws to protect criminals. That will be the next left
wing lunacy: criminals are being oppressed by being put in jail.:crazy:

Yes but most people get on with it and if it becomes a problem ( i don't think it will) you will be long gone, so why bother letting it wind you up. You had ancestors 200/1000 years ago, what did they think about the British invading all over the place?

:crazy:

Ancestors from 1000 years ago? What did they think about the Norman Kings invading Normandy?
:rofl:
Skinny, you just about outdone yourself in the genius dept.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom