Love Music Hate Racism event by Dave Haslam - Manchester, same night Morrissey plays (July 8, 2018)

http://www.davehaslam.com/#/one-nation-under-a-groove/

Ex-Hacienda DJ Dave Haslam is throwing a free party to coincide with Morrissey’s forthcoming visit to the city. He says the party, featuring more than a dozen of the city’s top DJs is “in response to Morrissey’s divisive views, and his support for the far-right.”

Morrissey has attracted controversy for a host of remarks and opinions – including undermining the #metoo campaign and claiming there’s “no difference between eating animals and paedophilia”.

In recent years, the ex-Smiths singer’s views on race have become particularly strident. Morrissey has described the Chinese people “a sub-species”, heavily criticised Angela Merkel for opening German borders to refugees, and has gone on record supporting far-right figures like Anne Marie Waters and EDL founder Tommy Robinson. He does, however, claim to have “Muslim friends”.

“Manchester is our home, it’s a city built on immigration, a city with an amazing legacy of great bands and wonderful clubs,” says Haslam. “Music brings people together. Strangers become brothers, sisters. All this positivity spreads into the city and beyond.”

Haslam points out Manchester’s solidarity and sense of community in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack, which he contrasts with Morrissey’s pronouncements; “Morrissey hasn’t lived in the city for thirty years – he lives abroad in tax exile – and has now joined the ranks of various right-wing politicians, tax exiles, tabloids, and media hate-slingers seeking to divide our community.

“There are counter arguments. There are many of them. But for now, I’ve decided to counter the hate by throwing a free party, a celebratory all-dayer of beautifully diverse soul-filled, hope-filled music…”

The event on Sunday July 8th, entitled ‘One Nation Under A Groove’ will take place at Revolution on Deansgate Locks from 3pm until midnight.

DJs include DJ Paulette (Flesh), Dom (Blood & Fire), and Irfan Rainy (Community). In addition, Haslam himself is joining forces with Elliot Eastwick and Jason Boardman to resurrect the hugely successful ‘Yellow’ brand as a one-off for the event.

Admission is free, but a collection will be taken, which will be donated to the charity Love Music Hate Racism.

“It might not be coincidence that the venue is just a few hundred yards from where Morrissey is playing,” admits Haslam.

“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome,” he says.

+++ Facebook event page with full DJ line-up here;

43336_groove2-02.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link:

Dave Haslam throws 'positive protest party' against Morrissey at the same time as his Manchester gig - Manchester Evening News
“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always try answering the question. Makes for a more effective debate.

Even more effective is asking a question so it can be answered.

In short, caricaturing anti-racism so you can attack the caricature is a right-wing c***'s trick, IMO. Nobody at all is objecting to Morrissey because he doesn't like spicy food, or because he doesn't subscribe to Islamic fundamentalism, or even because he has concerns about immigration. It's because he is an explicit promoter of the far-right.

The 'elites' thrive on divide and rule. They've got one section of society blaming Muslims and immigrants for everthing, another blaming the poor for everything and section of those blaming the poor, Muslims and Immigrants for everything while also blaming lefties who frankly hold no power over anything whatsover and haven't for decades.

Meanwhile the 'elites' keep coining it through the big wealth grab of austerity and our thick, distracted population will no doubt vote to take it up the arse again when next asked while we lose out further because we voted out of the EU because we don't like Pakistanis.

WtF? They have one section of society doing this, the other doing that. Luckily it seems the real left wing conspiracy loons have been able to avoid their net.:crazy:

How do we all get manipulated? All the media is left loon, Im thinking some of that fungi dust in
the reefer weed.:crazy:

Haha, getting a troll rating off Thewlis means you made a good point.

Will you two girly trolls settle down. FFS, you said it yourself ,anything that happens is not the fault of the doer but the manipulator who probably resides in London and never has been on here.:crazy:

Even more effective is asking a question so it can be answered.

In short, caricaturing anti-racism so you can attack the caricature is a right-wing c***'s trick, IMO. Nobody at all is objecting to Morrissey because he doesn't like spicy food, or because he doesn't subscribe to Islamic fundamentalism, or even because he has concerns about immigration. It's because he is an explicit promoter of the far-right.
Caricaturing is a perfectly reasonable thing to do when stirring up debate. And my point is clear. The subject of, for example, immigration has too often been shut down by those of us on the left. I've not only seen it happen, I've been guilty of it myself. We belittle (at best) and dehumanise (at worst) people who have legitimate concerns and we fail to enlighten people who are labouring under various misapprehensions. It's my honest opinion that this self-satisfied refusal to debate by us lefties contributed in no small measure to the disastrous result of the EU referendum. Here's a an article along the same lines from one of my favourite right-wing c***s, Shappi Khorsandi: https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...s-right-racism-liberal-politics-a8155996.html

Mozz's mouth, ironic really!).

Defence spending to be increased, separate from any operational costs, to rebuild acceptable levels of manning and equipment;

 Increase salaries for members of the armed forces;

 Retain independent nuclear deterrent;  Revamp Reserves and TA to ensure realistic manning levels;

 Reintroduce funding for Cadet Forces;

 Restore the military covenant;

source: https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...riginal/1529523024/Manfiesto_2.pdf?1529523024

Caricaturing is a perfectly reasonable thing to do when stirring up debate. And my point is clear. The subject of, for example, immigration has too often been shut down by those of us on the left. I've not only seen it happen, I've been guilty of it myself. We belittle (at best) and dehumanise (at worst) people who have legitimate concerns and we fail to enlighten people who are labouring under various misapprehensions. It's my honest opinion that this self-satisfied refusal to debate by us lefties contributed in no small measure to the disastrous result of the EU referendum. Here's a an article along the same lines from one of my favourite right-wing c***s, Shappi Khorsandi: https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...s-right-racism-liberal-politics-a8155996.html

This doesn't seem to relate very well to your original post. Read it back to yourself slowly. What's the "this sort of thing" that you're so embarrassed about? It can, surely, only be the sort of thing that is similar to a music event with an anti-racism theme, given that that's the topic of the thread, which you then go on to mischaracterise with all your nonsense about spicy food and so on. There may or may not be valid ways to critique the event. But, were you to go along, I can guarantee you that no-one is going to call you out for not having a tikka wrap in your hand, and there will be no workshops on learning to appreciate ritual beheadings. And, insofar as the event may or may not be to do with Morrissey, it's not because he has legitimate concerns or because he is labouring under various misapprehensions, regardless of whether either or both of those things is true. It's a weird thing indeed, but the trouble with Morrissey that makes him the target of this sort of thing is that he is now a prominent far-right activist.

Defence spending to be increased, separate from any operational costs, to rebuild acceptable levels of manning and equipment;

 Increase salaries for members of the armed forces;

 Retain independent nuclear deterrent;  Revamp Reserves and TA to ensure realistic manning levels;

 Reintroduce funding for Cadet Forces;

 Restore the military covenant;

source: https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...riginal/1529523024/Manfiesto_2.pdf?1529523024

f*** Moz, f*** militarization

Cant be racist, some of my favourite trolls are black!

SKINNY X WILL NEVER STOP FIGHTING the INFIDEL!!!!:swear
SKINNY X WILL FIGHT AT THE MOZ SITE
:swear

SKINNY X WILL FIGHT AT ALL FUNGUS FORUM!:swear!

SKINNY X WILL FIGHT AT ALL MOZ FAN HARASSING FREE ISLAMIC SHOWS:swear

SKINNY WILL FIGHT FOREVER UNTIL G23 GOD doh: MAKES HIM A DIVINE X SPECIES!!:swear:swear

LOL Skinny X SAW THE LIGHT IN MECCA!:ahhh:

Hes going to liberate the world from the Infidel..:crazy:
Step 1 harass Moz concert goers over at that sucko free Islamic Event.

DONT GO NEAR THIS EVENT!!
ITS POSITIVE YES POSITIVELY YOU WILL BE ROBBED OF YOUR VALUABLES BY THE VAGRANTS LOITERING THERE!!!

CIRCLE AROUND IT>
!!:thumb:

Dave sounds like a real pussy.

The man is far from that, let me tell you. He stood his ground along with others who kept the Hacienda operational in the face of personal death threats from some very serious gangsters in the early 90’s. Dave was threatened and carried on.

I guess for me the racism issue arises when you have people who only talk about Islam and listening to them you'd think they were big into women's rights or gay rights or victims of sexual abuse but when it comes down to it these people don't give a f*** about any of those things, it's just the Pakistani's and Africans they don't like.

Morrissey's the perfect example, celebrity nonces are just clumsy romantics to him. When a white terrorist goes on the rampage he makes a point about it being no worse than what happens in KFC every day. I don't remember him ever having a point on all the peadophile rings filled with white guys.

You can have a conversation with some right wingers on here about immigration or Islam but it always gets derailed by the f***wits.

The fact is when enough resources are thrown at something people will buy into it. You talk about the referendum, all I can remember is wall to wall bullshit from both sides in the media. I don't know how the magical left were responsible for that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom