Love Music Hate Racism by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

Indeed. Then I changed my opinion because he turned into a f***ing Nazi. So you're right. Goodbye. And enjoy your racist mate.
The amount of time and energy you spend on keeping the buzz around Moz going. The right thing would be to leave and work with political parties or groups instead yet here you are supporting Morrissey by remaining on this forum.
You only remain here cause you can't let go and probably believe the man will say something that will make it possible for you to listen to his music again. I wonder what turned you into a leftie and from experience I know it is usually a poor upbringing cause you simply cannot find a happy leftie person with a nice background.

But wasn't the leader racist(in your eyes) before this? National front disco, Bengali in platforms, Finsbury Park??
Or were you a racist then also

And "The gates of England are flooded. The country's been thrown away" said way before Skinny is enjoying his free gig.

The guy is a creepy keyboard warrior,don't forget he used OUR data in inappropriate ways whilst a mod.

9PRt8BU.jpg

If this event ever was against racism (which Dave claims) then it certainly is no longer now. And THAT is the point Dave doesn't seem to understand and that many people have an issue with. By going on and on and on about Morrissey, by celebrating the turn of events by endless tweets and even calling it the best turnout for his 'cause', when, really, the best turnout should be something that actually helps victims of racism, then you understand that this event is merely an outlet for some fans to feel important and to nurse their prescious egos.

But wasn't the leader racist(in your eyes) before this? National front disco, Bengali in platforms, Finsbury Park??
Or were you a racist then also

God the biggest idiot of the idiot Northerner Morrissey fans is back.

Moronic as ever.

Stick to trying to squeeze yourself into a Pretty Green parka your illiterate chip eating buffoon.

It's pretty obvious it is not about Hate Racism, it's just about Hate.
Hate for the sake of hate to compensate for the lefties having shitty lives with no opportunity. Summers are never kind to them when the jetset travel the world and the lefties spend the summer on their balconies smoking away that trip they could afford if only they stopped smoking.

Imagine the eyes of their kids!

Right winger? What makes you think so?
I think you illustrate exactly what point she’s trying to make.
With such an attitude there is no debate, no debate, no debate.

Hey, I comment, you cry and downvote. Saying that I'm going to downvote you a couple of times back. It's nothing personal, it just makes me laugh.

Who the f*** is Fiona Dodwell anyway? I only know the name because of a poor, sychophantic bit of music journalism in the form of an interview - that wasn’t really an interview, but a conduit for Morrissey to enter a misjudged diatribe.

Piffle. Piffle, disguised as reasoned argument. Few disagree that Morrissey has the right to his views. However, fewer and fewer of his fans support his new found idolatory. Morrissey, and a huge selection of his fan base, are now miles from any reconciliation.;

The author (who she?), Haslam et al use Morrissey's notoriety for their own ends.

It's pretty obvious it is not about Hate Racism, it's just about Hate.

Fighting Cancer, Anti War. Hate Racism - what you resist persists.
Dave Haslam is asleep and wasting everyone's time with his disco.
A bit like the haters on this site.

Hey, I comment, you cry and downvote. Saying that I'm going to downvote you a couple of times back. It's nothing personal, it just makes me laugh.
You don't comment, you call someone rightwing without any reason or explanation whatsoever. Do you think anyone who likes Morrissey is racist, too?
That train of thought I think is just very problematic, hence the downvote.

I can't even wrap my mind around the logic of this.

Heavy words are so lightly thrown

First sentence:

"THE problem, when you protest against an opinion , is that you are, by default, trying to silence the right of free speech, debate and open, intelligent discussion in our modern world. "

Dodwell then goes on to harangue Haslam for expressing an opinion!

What is it with right-wingers thinking that free speech means you can voice your opinion without someone challenging it? The right to freedom of speech protects you from persecution by the state and any government institutions. This doesn't mean, however, that citizens who are also protected by the same rights as you can't protest your opinion in some way.

This is the way democratic societies work. If you don't like it, go live in some despotic hell hole.

You would think Haslem called for Morrissey to be “dragged to the edge of the village and flogged.” With this sad pathetic piece by Fiona. Oh wait! That was what Morrissey said about the Peckhams. For what offense? Because Moz deemed them “insufferable”? Morrissey has been giving it for years. Madonna, Beyoncé, McCartney, etc. One right after another. Give me a damn break with these boo-hoo pieces worrying about free speech. And now all the very nice Morrissey fans who remain are so very sad and worried about their dear fragile Morrissey. And how they are being treated so unfairly and unkind on Twitter by all the meanie ex-fans. Oh my word! I can’t take it! Some of the nastiest, two-faced, shit talking fans out there clutching their pearls! Hysterical. You know who you are too.

Didn't Morrissey once call Madonna a prostitute, insulting Madonna, for no reason whatsoever, and prostitutes all in the same sentence.

What is it with right-wingers thinking that free speech means you can voice your opinion without someone challenging it? The right to freedom of speech protects you from persecution by the state and any government institutions. This doesn't mean, however, that citizens who are also protected by the same rights as you can't protest your opinion in some way.

This is the way democratic societies work. If you don't like it, go live in some despotic hell hole.

All you crying at the cruel, cruel treatment of Morrissey by those who've turned away, read this and have a word with yourselves, you damn hypocrites.

Didn't Morrissey once call Madonna a prostitute, insulting Madonna, for no reason whatsoever, and prostitutes all in the same sentence.
Yes indeed, as he insulted Ponce, The Royal Family, Margaret Thatcher, Jamie Oliver and many many more. The disgrace!
Hang him, quarter him! Protect your children from him!

Yes indeed, as he insulted Ponce, The Royal Family, Margaret Thatcher, Jamie Oliver and many many more. The disgrace!
Hang him, quarter him! Protect your children from him!

And he changed his view of Madonna, even defended her against ageism, and he mourned Prince after his death.

You don't comment, you call someone rightwing without any reason or explanation whatsoever. Do you think anyone who likes Morrissey is racist, too?
That train of thought I think is just very problematic, hence the downvote.

Well thank you for saying something I never said and then calling it problematic.

Completely nutty.

To clarify my thoughts Morrissey, he was quite interesting and entertaining until he decided to be an alt-right bore, e.g before he hit the vodka hard and landed on Breitbart. Now I can read his views off any other indentikit nutjob on the web. Are his fans all racist? No but it helps if you share his views or are happy to turn a blind eye.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom