"Love Bites" - Morrissey fan documentary from 1995 on YouTube

That is excellent. Alain on scooter at 13:20, Julia making her zine at 25:00, and again on her bed at 28:16, 29:45, 32:03, Winnie Wong at various points, and David and Russ get a credit at the end. Also, at the very end I found it interesting that it looks like it was edited by Julia, and funded by her Dad?

P.

Last edited:
oh youre making me very excited now. ive got to wait for rachel to finish up before we start but very excited.

This video was uploaded to YouTube today. It documents the Boxers tour through numerous fan interviews. There's also a guest appearance from the band Marion and a few glimpses of Morrissey himself. Perhaps some of you will recognize people you knew way back when.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44M3v2hd1Rg
Uploaded by LondonFetishFair

Description:

A documentary about people who loved following Morrissey during the early 1990's 'Your Arsenal' & 'Vauxhall & I' tours in the U.K.

In memory of Darren Conner & Tom Gallagher who have sadly passed on and were tremendous people to know. I think my main reason for wanting this video online is not only all the fun we had going to those gigs at the time, but also because it's so great to have videos of Darren and Tom available for their families. I think it's important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look like a great bunch of people. Sad to think that at least two of them (Darren and Tom) are dead. They must have died very young and aeons ahead of their time. I'm sure this video will bring smiles and tears to their families.
I did wonder who Brian Riley was (i.e. his exact relation to Julia) but Uncleskinny says he was Julia's dad.
Everyone seemed to smoke back then. I was partial to the odd cigarette too in the 90's but don't remember it being as rampant as that!

Look like a great bunch of people. Sad to think that at least two of them (Darren and Tom) are dead. They must have died very young and aeons ahead of their time. I'm sure this video will bring smiles and tears to their families.
I did wonder who Brian Riley was (i.e. his exact relation to Julia) but Uncleskinny says he was Julia's dad.
Everyone seemed to smoke back then. I was partial to the odd cigarette too in the 90's but don't remember it being as rampant as that!

Oh it was a total guess, I really have no idea. Just a guess.

P.

Everything seems so old like it was 50 and not 20 years ago and Julia even had hair back then!

Halcyon days.
A nice slice of history.
Thank you.
FWD.

They were all smoking 'cause they were hoping for an early death. Haha!

Off all of these people interviewed and pictured, who is still around in the Morrissey world? Obviously Julia and Winnie are, and I've seen Libby at random shows in recent years, but what about any of the others, many of which I'm not familiar with. Also, forgive me is this is somewhat common knowledge, but what happened to Darren and Tom?

A lot of white trash smokers in them days and now we can finally lay to rest the mystery about Julia and how she funds her travels. Her dad turns out to be a very powerful man in the investment sector. Easy to travel the world with Gordon Gekko behind ya.

Good little documentary. There's some familiar faces in there and familiar names at the end. I had hair like that back then too :) It brought back great memories of that period in Mozdom.

A lot of white trash smokers in them days and now we can finally lay to rest the mystery about Julia and how she funds her travels. Her dad turns out to be a very powerful man in the investment sector. Easy to travel the world with Gordon Gekko behind ya.

good for her. nice way to take advantage of the situation.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom