"Love Bites" - Morrissey fan documentary from 1995 on YouTube

It gives me the creeps to listen to Julia talking about Morrissey.

A HR thesis? Wow what a wonderful contribution to the world you've made. Regarding Humans as Resources. Or as most employees call the HR department... The Thought Police.

But thanks for sharing your diatribe here. Haven't you got some mentally ill people you need to empathise with somewhere? Like in the House of Mirrors.

Well, not intelligent much, are you? Typical Morrissey fan wanker. If you had paid attention what else I wrote you would have noticed that this is not so. I just used HR because this is the most commonly used English word, even though my field of study had a different name to it. Now go and wank yourself to death.

You have to admire that she was the only creep of all of them pretentious twats who was so honest to admit that she only did the fanzin for Morrissey, so that he reads it and notices her, her, her, her. She is just one of the many me, me, me, me people. It is also totally fascinating how many have by now stated in these documentaries that they go and crave that he acknowledges them, them, them them by looking at them. I remember that I once mentioned that he looked at me and I was told that I was creepy and sorts of bullshit, mentally ill of course, but I have always had a totally different attitude to the whole thing, totally different to them, them, them, them, because to me it has always been pretty normal that musicians look at the audience and also me. Other bands are totally not as stuck up their own arse as Morrissey and even greet you first when they see at a different audience, seeing you there, both of you part of the audience, talking of bands here who constantly fill arenas and stadiums and having been to only three of their concerts. I pretty much think that all of Morrissey's American and British fans in particular are totally mentally ill. And Morrissey as such not a good audience engaging singer at all, because when I went to his concerts, he only really looked at me twice as I was used from other bands. Even though I did film at two concerts and was pretty surprised that while filming at the second concert he seemed to remember during which songs I had filmed during the first concerts, apparently assuming that I'd film during the same songs, but I chose to this time film the ones I hadn't filmed yet. These films have long been deleted altogether by me now. Not worth keeping. They were a good memory however that those concerts were even worse than I remembered them, when I watched the videos again after a couple of months.

Don't forget the book signing in Sweden. The ones who always stand front row and Julia in particular were the first to enter the building and despite clear instructions to make sure that everybody gets their go, self obsessed as they always are, they held the whole thing up to get yet another hug and talk to him and all that, things that they had done numerous times already anyway. Many others in return had stood there for ages and never even got their book signed thanks to them. I really don't know what's supposed to be any good about any of this.

During the filming of that "documentary" I was busy writing my HR thesis, doing something useful, thinking of HR work can be done properly to make work worth going to and to achieve a good work life balance while at the same time make sure that the company stays competitive on a global market. Not a Morrissey fan at all at the time, his pictures put me off, there was something nasty about them, which turned out to be true. When I delved into the whole thing I temporarily thought that my first impression had been wrong. It wasn't.

Oh my. What a load of shit that was. Thanks for taking that minute of my life away forever.

Thanks for another good find, Detritus. A bit like the fan interviews on 'Hulmerist,' except with the fans inviting you back to theirs and putting the kettle on.

Warmed my heart to see 3/4 of Lads, Mark II. They were blinding on that tour. I know Morrissey likes to maintain the party line that he now has his best band ever; I look at them as a group of musicians. Alas, too few realize that these are not necessarily the same - for me, a cohesive BAND trumps a (to some) more proficient group of musicians.

Goth girl in the rubber dress was, I think, Heather?

Was also a tour dog on the Kill Uncle tour with her boyfriend Stan.

Am I right? Anyone else know her?

Thanks for another good find, Detritus. A bit like the fan interviews on 'Hulmerist,' except with the fans inviting you back to theirs and putting the kettle on.

Warmed my heart to see 3/4 of Lads, Mark II. They were blinding on that tour. I know Morrissey likes to maintain the party line that he now has his best band ever; I look at them as a group of musicians. Alas, too few realize that these are not necessarily the same - for me, a cohesive BAND trumps a (to some) more proficient group of musicians.

The lads were fantastic and rockabilly suits Moz.

Well, not intelligent much, are you? Typical Morrissey fan wanker. If you had paid attention what else I wrote you would have noticed that this is not so. I just used HR because this is the most commonly used English word, even though my field of study had a different name to it. Now go and wank yourself to death.

At least I know HR is an acronym and not a word.

Also -

If you had paid attention what else I wrote you should arguably have a comma between you and should. Not to mention the lack of 'to' between attention and what.

and -

Wanking myself to death has thus far proved impossible. God knows I've tried.

Last edited:
I don't think Julia was quite the uber fan in 1995 that she is now. I brought a copy of her fanzine from her in 1999 outside the Kentish Town Forum and didn't really know much about her then. She was just someone flogging a fanzine. I think in 1995 Libby was the number one fan.

Amusing to think that members of Morrissey's band used to joke that Julia had been to more Morrissey shows than Morrissey had due to her attending cancelled shows!

Performance wise 1995 was the best tour. The band had a rawness and drive that hasn't really existed since. The fact they went straight into the studio after this to record Southpaw was a good move.

I googled Philip Jump and he runs a record shop now. Seems like a good lad.

At least I know HR is an acronym and not a word.

Also -

If you had paid attention what else I wrote you should arguably have a comma between you and should. Not to mention the lack of 'to' between attention and what.

and -

Wanking myself to death has thus far proved impossible. God knows I've tried.

You are doing just fine with your wanking. Keep on wanking, you'll get there eventually.

Just watched this, found it really interesting, the guy on the right hand side in the Marion interview, lives near me, his name is Phil Cunningham and he now plays guitar in New Order.

Just watched this, found it really interesting, the guy on the right hand side in the Marion interview, lives near me, his name is Phil Cunningham and he now plays guitar in New Order.

very cool. id be badgering him with a thousand guitar playing questions lol. just joking but id be curious

He is on twitter, you could contact him through there, he is a really nice bloke.

i dont really do twitter or other social media like facebook and the millions of others i dont know about (wuwu?). i also much prefer face to face conversation in general because i derive so much from presence which would be lost online. i would trust them much more in person i guess is what im saying. i especially trust more when the conversation isnt a matter of public record.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the rumours were true, Julia's money did come from a deceased husband. Interesting, I was watching Frasier this morning and think she'd make a perfect Maris Crane.

I don't think Julia was quite the uber fan in 1995 that she is now. I brought a copy of her fanzine from her in 1999 outside the Kentish Town Forum and didn't really know much about her then. She was just someone flogging a fanzine. I think in 1995 Libby was the number one fan.

Amusing to think that members of Morrissey's band used to joke that Julia had been to more Morrissey shows than Morrissey had due to her attending cancelled shows!

Performance wise 1995 was the best tour. The band had a rawness and drive that hasn't really existed since. The fact they went straight into the studio after this to record Southpaw was a good move.

I googled Philip Jump and he runs a record shop now. Seems like a good lad.

See I thought that 1992 Your Arsenal shows were the best he's ever done. That version of the band had had 2 solid years together and YA was (for me) his best 'live' album, by that I mean studio album to play live. Beethoven was Deaf is 5 star. Interesting though to debate/discuss which tour was his strongest. What year was that Hollywood Bowl DVD from? That was a pretty solid unit as well.

Didn't he break up with Jake before the Boxers tour and was all kinds of depressed?

Didn't he break up with Jake before the Boxers tour and was all kinds of depressed?

That is the word. I saw him at Brixton on that tour and he looked broken.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom