Lousy christmas presents

Jackie London

♥ Howlin' Pelle
Tell us about some lousy christmas presents you have got over the years!

The worst christmas present I've ever got was 4 years ago, I had recently moved to my first appartment and my aunt gave to 2 really, really ugly statues that she had bought at a cheap store like Poundland or something like that. When I got home I put them straight in the bin.

In honour to almareallymatters

My best and worst Christmas present was bananas.

My mother asked me what I'd like to have for Christmas when I was five, I said bananas.
Then I said my friends I got bananas, they laughed at me.

Last edited:
Fuzzy socks, an ugly sweater, and a 5-pack of dishtowels. I had a lot of dishtowels already, so I passed them on to a friend who only had one or two in his kitchen, and he was offended. That's how bad a gift it was. :o

My mother asked me what I'd like to have for Christmas when I was five, I said bananas.

Awww, how cute you wanted bananas.

Fuzzy socks, an ugly sweater, and a 5-pack of dishtowels. I had a lot of dishtowels already, so I passed them on to a friend who only had one or two in his kitchen, and he was offended. That's how bad a gift it was. :o

That sucks. I don't get why some (mostly men) seem to think that it's acceptable to give kitchen stuff and stuff for the home to a women. Why the f*** would we want that?

Not Christmas presents, but crap...

I once looked after my uncle's dog and cats for a fortnight, while he went on holiday. When he came back he bought me a pottery 'Pig in Shit' as a thank you.

....Think I've postd this here before, but...Worst thing I ever got was a Wallet...with a tag stll inside that read "To Graham, best wishes for Xmas, 2008." ...for Xmas, 2009....from Grahams Tight-fisted arshole of a wife......( The "Tag" had been written by Grahams sister....)

Last edited:
My gran used to buy us grankids biscuits.. and not the fancy christmas selection boxes either.. a basic pack of rich tea or the like,
im sure she thought we lived in outer mongolia and couldnt get hold of things like that.
even though we lived in the same county. she was (and prob still is) nuts. :crazy:

(oh and then the year she insisted she didnt want anything from anyone, so thats what she got and then she had a hissy fit because we' didnt care'!!)

I can sympathise with that.

When we were about 8 or 9, my brother was trying to work out what to buy me for Christmas. One day, months before Christmas, he just randomly asked me what I liked.

I said 'pickled onions'.....so on Christmas day I got a MASSIVE (catering size) jar of extra strong pickled onions from him.

I do love 'em, but I took one look at the jar and knew I could never face them.

Too. Many. Pickled. Onions. The jar was in a cupboard for about 3 years :lbf:

My Auntie once gave my sister a scented coathanger.

My older brother, in his wisdom, gave my mother (aged 75 at the time) the most un-user friendly mobile phone ever devised.

We eventually found out it was his own phone, due to the messages to his lovely wife, that neither he nor we could delete

A pack of handkerchiefs when I was nine.

I know we had no money but f*** me! I wish they'd of bought me that 10p Freddo, like I asked for.

Awww, how cute you wanted bananas.

That sucks. I don't get why some (mostly men) seem to think that it's acceptable to give kitchen stuff and stuff for the home to a women. Why the f*** would we want that?

I know it's completely unacceptable. Just because we're women they think we want boring household presents or bath stuff.

Bath stuff has to be one of the worse presents I've had and still get. I don't even have baths I always have showers so what the heck am I going to do with bath foam? Eat it?

Pencil Case

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

If I was given nothing but a pencil case for Christmas I'd be in heaven. :love:

I know it's completely unacceptable. Just because we're women they think we want boring household presents or bath stuff.

Bath stuff has to be one of the worse presents I've had and still get. I don't even have baths I always have showers so what the heck am I going to do with bath foam? Eat it?

Just to let the sisterhood down. I love getting getting bath stuff. Even though I mostly have showers, you can still usually use the products if you get creative.

I also love household stuff (although not from a boyfriend), plus new socks (my fav.), jumpers (sweaters) and I'm with CG - I love pencils cases!

But not pickled onions :straightface:

Exactly! I mean what if a women gave her husband a set of kitchen knifes? However if you're going to give a christmas present to someone who has just moved away from home to their first apartment, then it might be acceptable. I don't like bath stuff either, I never take baths, but it might be accaptable to buy some sort of spa-kit for someone who loves baths.

:lbf: Now I remembered something. My cousine who is partially blind once got a book from her mother in law for christmas.

Just to let the sisterhood down. I love getting getting bath stuff. Even though I mostly have showers, you can still usually use the products if you get creative.

I also love household stuff (although not from a boyfriend), plus new socks (my fav.), jumpers (sweaters) and I'm with CG - I love pencils cases!

But not pickled onions :straightface:

But silverskins Reader? I mean,come on..

Back
Top Bottom