Louder Than War / Susan Sloan: "Kristeen Young – interview" (August 19, 2022)

Kristeen-Young-1068x610.jpeg

Missouri-born singer-songwriter Kristeen Young has been producing her unique cocktail of ‘dissonant piano bashing, operatic vocals and serrated lyrics’ since her debut album Meet Miss Young And Her All Boy Band in 1997. She has toured and worked with artists such as Morrissey and David Bowie. Her 11th studio album The Beauty Shop was released in July 2022.

"You have an impressive back catalogue including collaborations with artists like Bowie, Morrissey and Tony Visconti, yet you still have the raw energy of a new artist. How do you keep your passion for performing and recording at full speed?

I love NOW. It’s important to be cognisant of now and what is going on. I don’t look back very much. I hate nostalgia. I love ideas, I want to grow. I want to learn something new with everything I do. I never think anything is good enough or I’ve arrived at anything. In fact I hate everything I’ve done. f*** Bowie. f*** Morrissey. Who needs TV when you’ve got yourself? Do you know what I mean?"

Regards,
FWD.

Someone remind me what the cunnilingus comment she made was?
She said to the audience while she was opening for Morrissey, that he gives good head. Then she corrected herself, and called it cunnilingus. Morrissey fired her afterward.

She said to the audience while she was opening for Morrissey, that he gives good head. Then she corrected herself, and called it cunnilingus. Morrissey fired her afterward.
Wasn’t there a disagreement about who gave who a cold ?

Right on !

I could be wrong, but I don’t care for her ego, which seems to be the (only?) thing that’s driving her.

But at least she’s out there being creative, which is probably a hell of a lot more than you can say for some of the people on here criticizing her.
too true.

She said "what's another name for a cagey polyglot?"
"A cunning linguist!"
the cunning linguist line came from the james bond film tomorrow never dies with peirce brosnan delivering the line.dont know if it was used before that time.

if I recall correctly, she was blamed by the Morrissey camp via Tobias' statement.

Don't forget the gem:
"Good Riddance to False Friends."
FWD.

she was coping her hero M Manson who said that about Brian from Placebo
(yes she has never had one original thought)
she then said it was, "punk", later. Can you imagine a woman in her 50s being that dim
That to me showed how f***ing stupid she is.
After all the stuff M did to help her, you would have thought she would go along. According to people
I know who know her, she actually thought she would take a large section of the audience with her. A woman so deluded to the point of mental illness

"I'm Plenty O'Toole"
"But of course you are"
that would be fellow scot sean connery or as we call him big tam on account of his real name being thomas connery.
one of the few actors who havent got many turkeys in their filmography.

for me it’s… Gallon Drunk, probably the best band he’s had on tour opening for him. Though, not as interesting, Marion wasn’t that bad.

Besides them, I prefer the pre-show videos as opening act, lol.

Great call; I’d agree.

the cunning linguist line came from the james bond film tomorrow never dies with peirce brosnan delivering the line.dont know if it was used before that time.
Moneypenny delivers the line, surely? Brosnan is merely ‘brushing up on [his] Danish’.

You’re getting Bond wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom