Lou Reed is dead at 71

Evening everyone.
I was properly intoduced to Lou Reed's music in 1986 by my late husband Seán. As the most niave & the most unlikely students EVER we used to sit & listen to the track Femme Fatale in our digs on a daily basis - he only had one compilation tape. Fast forward nearly 25 years & .....On Lou Reed's passing we all conjure up memories of a legend. Prior to 1986 & as an art student at 16, i niavely remember seeing footage of Nico & the Velvet Underground on Tv & thinking , " I wished i was THERE in the 60's!"
Love & Light to Lou x

Last edited:
PS. What a treasured photograph Morrissey has for keeps! Two very inspirational people close together . Love & Lightx

Shocked to hear the news so late. I always like Lou Reed. He made a brand of music that a good mass of people could relate to and enjoy. I discovered Lou Reed in my late teens, been following his music ever since. Lou, you have a fan for life. R.I.P.

He can't hear you. He's dead.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. What a treasured photograph Morrissey has for keeps! Two very inspirational people close together . Love & Lightx

Yes, highly appropriate. "Lou Reed is dead. Look at me! It's all about me! Let me tell you what I think about Lou so you know his life was a prelude to ME!"

He does look like Tarantino and is also another pseud fraud intellectual vampire appropriating other's originality for his own dubious purposes.

He can't hear you. He's dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, highly appropriate. "Lou Reed is dead. Look at me! It's all about me! Let me tell you what I think about Lou so you know his life was a prelude to ME!"

He does look like Tarantino and is also another pseud fraud intellectual vampire appropriating other's originality for his own dubious purposes.

Exactly, BrummieBoy (BTW Sh*t on the Villa!),

there are more MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs in Morrissey's spitefest of a book than in a self-obsessed look-at-me 14-year-old girl's diary.

Also, have you noticed how pre-GCSEs so many of his similes are, as soundly picked up by Private Eye? "I was as tired as a donkey walking through India"...
"I was as sad as the clouds in a rainy day", "Meeeeee felt as betrayed as Jesus by Judas"...and so on,,,,

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom