Lou Reed is dead at 71

'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?' - true-to-you.net

27 October 2013
morrissey_and_lou_reed.jpg

'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?'

No words to express the sadness at the death of Lou Reed. He had been there all of my life. He will always be pressed to my heart. Thank God for those, like Lou, who move within their own laws, otherwise imagine how dull the world would be. I knew the Lou of recent years and he was always full of good heart. His music will outlive time itself.
We are all timebound, but today, with the loss of liberating Lou, life is a pigsty.

'7 glasses used to be
called for six good mates and me
now we only call for three'

-Patrick MacGill

double_spacer.jpg

MORRISSEY
27 October 2013

Beautiful statement from Morrissey.

Beautiful statement from Morrissey.

I thought it was crap to be honest this was a great opportunity to plug himself and be clever by saying the following
'Oh metal Peru-Lou, everybody has a date with an undertaker'

Benny-the-Butcher

I thought it was crap to be honest this was a great opportunity to plug himself and be clever by saying the following

Benny-the-Butcher

I bet you're the life of the party at funerals.

Benny-the-Butcher

You really are a miserable excuse for a human being, you know that don't you?

OK. And I'll think for you.

That was Lou's (and my) point. It is a vacuous cliche. Duh!

OK. Please re-read your post. Why are you praying for me, exactly, if in the end, you agree with my sentiments?

Everyone chill out. I highly doubt Realitybites meant anything malevolent by her initial post. It's an interesting perspective and rather timely given who said it. I don't see it as a personal attack on anyone here. I can also see how individuals who are sincerely grieving over the loss of Lou Reed and wished that he rest in peace might have taken it a little bit personally. I don't think that was Realitybites intention though.

Let's not lose perspective here folk.

Lou Reed was an extremely talented artist, who touched a lot of people's lives, and his loss will be noticed.

Part of what makes Lou Reed so profound is the influence that he's had in shaping modern music. I mean make no mistake about it the Velvet Underground were genius and Lou Reed had some pretty amazing solo albums, as well. He's a legend in his own right.

But it was also The Velvet Underground and Nico's album that made David Bowie want to go into music. And when David Bowie came up with the idea for Ziggy Stardust it was based on the premise of wanting a character with the stage persona of Iggy Pop and the lyrics of Lou Reed. Brian Eno said something to the effect of only 8 people bought the Velvet Underground album, but all of them that did went on to form bands. I think Morrissey mentioned that he went to see Lou Reed in concert when he was like 11. And think of how much impact David Bowie and The Smiths have had in shaping the direction of modern music.

Whenever people said that modern music wouldn't be the same without a given individual it's usually partially true, but mostly hyperbolic. But honestly, I can think of few people who had the kind of influence direct or indirect (and much of Reed's influence was indirect) on music as Lou Reed.

He was an unbelievable artist and his passing will be noticed.

Let's not lose sight of this. Not today.

You really are a miserable excuse for a human being, you know that don't you?

Oh so its ok to mock the death of Mrs Thatcher (not that I liked her) but how very dare I make comments about the death of Lou Reed !
The thing is Chip old chum you can't have it all your own way.

Benny-the-Butcher

'Oh metal Peru-Lou, everybody has a date with an undertaker'Benny-the-Butcher

I dont recall reading this in his tribute.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is this news 'soul crushing'? If you're too upset to elaborate, it can wait. Forever.

Not everyone needs to take up a whole column to make a point like you do.

I dont recall reading this in his tribute.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone needs to take up a whole column to make a point like you do.

Oh God help us its blunt-cat ! The sharpest tool in the box.

Benny-the-Butcher

Here's a very nice musical tribute from last night in Mountain View, CA. There may be no words, but there is music:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh so its ok to mock the death of Mrs Thatcher (not that I liked her) but how very dare I make comments about the death of Lou Reed !
The thing is Chip old chum you can't have it all your own way.

Benny-the-Butcher

I wasn't even aware you were making comments about Lou Reed's death. Though thanks for enlightening me. As far as I can tell you were doing what you always do--destroy, disrupt, and poison every single thread on this board with your useless, imbecilic, and downright boorish trolling.

I don't know who you are or why you've decided to waste you life pretending to be a butcher and derailing threads on a message board about Morrissey. Maybe you know how him personally and have some sort of vendetta against him, maybe you know someone on here personally and want to destroy this board as part of a vendetta against them, maybe you were waterboarded as a child, I really don't know.

But I was hoping you would not ruin this thread since it was not really about Morrissey, but about a man who died. But I can see from the fact that you have been allowed to spam this thread with serial off-topic, nonsensical posts that there is no occasion that is not about you and your pathetic attempts for attention.

I am not going to have a conversation with you about Thatcher or Morrissey or anything else. In fact, I am not going to respond to you again--because I don't want this thread about Lou Reed's passing to become completely spammed with more of these dumb anonymous comments that wreck every thread. I am sorry I even said anything to you in the first place, because it clearly just encouraged you hence why you felt the need to respond to me not once but twice (and with such clever comments!).

You hate Morrissey. I get it. You have a right to your opinion. But I find your disruptive trolling boorish and annoying and I find your use of this thread as platform for it really just pathetic.

-Not everyone needs to take up a whole column to make a point like you do.

Fail. I actually made my point in a single sentence. Re-read it, in between reading the first chapter of Morrissey's book. Once you get over your grief about Lou. Oh, Lou! Oh God! This cruel world, etc. :rolleyes:

Shocked to hear the news so late. I always like Lou Reed. He made a brand of music that a good mass of people could relate to and enjoy. I discovered Lou Reed in my late teens, been following his music ever since. Lou, you have a fan for life. R.I.P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom