Lou Reed is dead at 71

morrissey_loureed.jpg

One of the coolest photos ever.

Who's the guy with Tarantino?

tumblr_ml1whqYXys1snv6ono1_500.gif

Took the wind out of my sails. Over the last couple of weeks, I've had Transformer in the kitchen and Coney Island Baby in the car. Both records I really can't do without. And then there's Berlin and Songs for Drella and pretty much the entire output of the Velvet Underground. It's quite shocking just how important someone you've never physically encountered can become to you. Silly, shocking, sad and a little embarrassing. Lou Reed is (in my humble and disorganised opinion) the first songwriter who's lyrics stood up on their own two feet. Morrissey followed.

Morrissey On The Velvet Underground

"Talking of the modern poet in modern music and listening to Lou Reed as a part of The Velvet Underground, we are really listening to the WH Auden of the modern world. Once again, not existing in print poetry but in recorded noise."

Is our man sporting a Panerai? He should spend his (also our) money in better things than panerais and parmigianis. So sad about Lou Reed, by the way.

Oh, I DO hope you will pardon those of us who have placed RIP in our messages, Realitybites.

Can you take your bitchiness to another thread, please. This isn't the place. Thanks.

You are welcome to delete that vacuous cliche from your post, knowing that Lou would not have welcomed or appreciated it.

If this thread is about him, then delete it. If it is about making you feel good about yourself, then let it remain.

PS - Stop riding my ass in every thread I post in, for Christ's sake!

You are welcome to delete that vacuous cliche from your post, knowing that Lou would not have welcomed or appreciated it.

If this thread is about him, then delete it. If it is about making you feel good about yourself, then let it remain.

PS - Stop riding my ass in every thread I post in, for Christ's sake!

What? It has nothing to do with making me feel good about myself. Good grief.

PS - I've been rather pleasant to you lately. It's only when you post stupid things that I take "action". Never mind. Not worth the time.

Last edited:
What? It's has nothing to do with making me feel good about myself. Good grief.

PS - I've been rather pleasant to you lately. It's only when you post stupid things that I take "action". Never mind. Not worth the time.

I posted the man's own words. How is that posting something stupid or inappropriate?

And I am entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not.

RB your attitude is inappropriate now, have some respect.

It is the man's own quotes. How can that possibly be considered disrespectful? It is only 'disrespectful' to the idiots that take offense to anything that threatens their cherished beliefs. Lou wouldn't object.

I posted the man's own words. How is that posting something stupid or inappropriate?

And I am entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not.

It's spiteful.

And your post was not an "opinion". It was a slap in the face to those of us who said "RIP" in our posts. Not everyone knew how he felt about that - and I think he would forgive us.

But, we know better now! Thanks, RB:thumb: :straightface:

Last edited:
It's spiteful.

And your post was not an "opinion". It was a slap in the face to those of us who posted "RIP" in our posts.

But, we know better now! Thanks, RB:thumb: :straightface:

It is not all about you. I found it on Mike Joyce's Facebook page. I liked it. I posted it. Period. Paranoid much? You are starting to sound like someone else that posts here. Yikes.

Why so much constant anger in your posts people?
I very recently joined this forum and I am so tired of reading about people complaining about one another or disapproving of whatever one said.
This totally spoiled it for me.
I didn't think that Lou Reed quote was inappropriate, I don't get it but maybe I am not "Solow-fit" enough to understand what the fuss was about.
Nevermind.

It is not all about you. I found it on Mike Joyce's Facebook page. I liked it. I posted it. Period. Paranoid much? You are starting to sound like someone else that posts here. Yikes.

oh, well...

Hmmm...maybe she's right about you on some level. But, I stand alone on solo, mostly. Sorry, but these are my thoughts.

Why so much constant anger in your posts people?
I very recently joined this forum and I am so tired of reading about people complaining about one another or disapproving of whatever one said.
This totally spoiled it for me.
I didn't think that Lou Reed quote was inappropriate, I don't get it but maybe I am not "Solow-fit" enough to understand what the fuss was about.
Nevermind.

It wasn't inappropriate. But hand in glove has caught the CG bug and now thinks it is her moral duty to question every motive behind every post I make. It was a non-issue until she picked a fight. I responded.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, well...

Hmmm...maybe she's right about you on some level. But, I stand alone on solo, mostly. Sorry, but these are my thoughts.

Just put me on ignore. That would be best for both of us. Thanks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom