Los Angeles, CA - The Music Box @ Henry Fonda Theater (Nov. 23, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Action Is My Middle Name / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat Is Murder / Satellite Of Love / All The Lazy Dykes / Scandinavia / Speedway // Still Ill

set list provided by robertboyracer

Last edited:
Re: Article: Los Angeles, CA - The Music Box @ Henry Fonda Theater (Nov. 23, 2011) po

Kristeen Young is awful. She sounds like a dying cat. Her words are the ravings of a clown and her music is vile. She has less than no talent and I’d rather listen to a cat scratch a pole than hear her howl. She can’t be said to be getting any worse as she is already at rock bottom.
Whenever I am at the show and she is on stage up there howling I just sit in my seat with my hands over my ears praying desperately that Boz will storm onto the stage and eat her and end all our misery once and for all.

1. Did anybody see Jose Maldonado try get on stage and be totally rejected by Morrissey. Ha! I loved it, why do folks wanna take photos with this dude? Cringe.

2. To the try hard rockabilly chick who brought your kid, if you can pay $75 for your kids ticket why not pay a sitter instead. Clearly he could give a shit about Morrissey, he was running around all over the place and you were too busy texting to keep your eyes on him. Shame on you, as a mother of 2 this just wasn't a concert to bring a kid to. (and yes I've take my 3 and 5 year old to concerts). The next time you bring him along and plan on standing next to the speakers bring him some ear plugs you moron. Also it really pissed me off that you put so much effort into your hair and outfit (you failed miserably) but your kid looked like he should be selling chicles on the side of the road.

3. The band played well, but I've never seen Morrissey lack so much personality. Morrissey, your fans deserve a lot more. Especially the stupid ones who stand in line for hours to be up close (myself included)

4. f*** you Morrissey for not playing I know its over.

5. To the guy screaming Shake spears Sister and Sweet and Tender Hooligan- you're a wanker. Read the set list, those songs didn't make the list. Do you think Morrissey is going to make some last minute adjustments for your obnoxious drunk ass.

6. Moz Krew East Los Angeles-What the f***?!?! also a bunch of wankers.

I feel better now that I got that off my chest.

Re: Article: Los Angeles, CA - The Music Box @ Henry Fonda Theater (Nov. 23, 2011) po

the heckler while kristeen was on was just plain out rude and disrespectful.

agree. i was nervous that it would get back to morrissey and he would take it out on us.

Calling ALL SMITHs Fans!!!!, in case you didn't know, now you do; Morrissey sucks live. The man, the myth, the person so many of us long and endearing fans have rocked out to for years, and in some cases decades, just does not have it anymore. As I watched the show, I could not help but think "Without the Smiths music, Morrissey's lyrics suck". I mean seriously, what was up with his band? Am I the only one who thought these guys looked like overly polished studio musicians that just outright looked awkward up there with OUR guy. Honestly, I'm still in shock, at how odd that ensemble looked up on stage. First off, What was up with them wearing "f*** Fur" shirts, and yet Morissey not wearing one himself? I know, I've seen him once before, and he had his band mates do the same thing with different shirts, but let's keep it real: That's lame! I don't get it, and I'm sure some of you more 'die hard' Morrissey enthusiasts can explain it to me, but it's just plain weird, and not mention somewhat dictatorial. Do you guys honestly think these guys in unison want to rock out while sporting the same logo? I highly doubt it. Secondly, what was up with his band, with the exception of one of the lead guitar players being at least 2o years younger than Morrissey? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an ageist, good musicians exist irregadless of age, but in this case I found a disconnect between the style these youngster played and Morrissey's singing. The juxstaposition of his voice (which still sounds good),against the modern overly rock and roll sound his band mates projected, was devoid of the 80's and even early 90's snyth-pop-rock combination that initially drew me to Morrissey.

Now I know many of you might not agree with my begrudging and perhaps cruel remarks, but nevertheless I write this critical rant, not because I'm hater, (although a lot does bother me) but rather because I've heard Morrissey at his best (at home, on my radio).

1. Did anybody see Jose Maldonado try get on stage and be totally rejected by Morrissey. Ha! I loved it, why do folks wanna take photos with this dude? Cringe.

2. To the try hard rockabilly chick who brought your kid, if you can pay $75 for your kids ticket why not pay a sitter instead. Clearly he could give a shit about Morrissey, he was running around all over the place and you were too busy texting to keep your eyes on him. Shame on you, as a mother of 2 this just wasn't a concert to bring a kid to. (and yes I've take my 3 and 5 year old to concerts). The next time you bring him along and plan on standing next to the speakers bring him some ear plugs you moron. Also it really pissed me off that you put so much effort into your hair and outfit (you failed miserably) but your kid looked like he should be selling chicles on the side of the road.

3. The band played well, but I've never seen Morrissey lack so much personality. Morrissey, your fans deserve a lot more. Especially the stupid ones who stand in line for hours to be up close (myself included)

4. f*** you Morrissey for not playing I know its over.

5. To the guy screaming Shake spears Sister and Sweet and Tender Hooligan- you're a wanker. Read the set list, those songs didn't make the list. Do you think Morrissey is going to make some last minute adjustments for your obnoxious drunk ass.

6. Moz Krew East Los Angeles-What the f***?!?! also a bunch of wankers.

I feel better now that I got that off my chest.

Sounds like you had fun last night. Hopefully the world can accommodate you better next time, based on your comments and complaints it seems as though you'd have a better night listening to Morrissey and Smiths albums at your residence with no one to irritate you. Based on your comment on the female I'd say you probably looked better, hopefully you do :-/ . And really taking jabs at a little kid who looks like he could sell "chicles"?? You need to reconsider yourself, you've got too much negativity, let it go, your life will be better when you don't worry about how others don't please you.

:)

Excellent observation. Way too dark for kids. Maybe a seated venue but the floor of nastiville? The people throwing punches for the shirt afterward and crowd surfers....no place for a child.

My first Moz show since the disaster of Coachella where I left very disappointed due to his diva tantrum. Happy to report that for the most part this was an excellent show. Great energry...until Meat Is Murder. Show went downhill from there. Started to recover around Speedway but by then it was over. But again, first 11 songs or so were excellent. Was even a bit impressed with his current band. Starting to get excited about a new album again.

I'm gonna try and sum it up.... f*** you pathetic ass white boy from Laguna Beack go back to south county with your bros and bro hoes puto!

Sounds like you had fun last night. Hopefully the world can accommodate you better next time, based on your comments and complaints it seems as though you'd have a better night listening to Morrissey and Smiths albums at your residence with no one to irritate you. Based on your comment on the female I'd say you probably looked better, hopefully you do :-/ . And really taking jabs at a little kid who looks like he could sell "chicles"?? You need to reconsider yourself, you've got too much negativity, let it go, your life will be better when you don't worry about how others don't please you.

:)

I had a great time! I just had a few complaints, I came on here to vent is all. Is that a crime? As far as having too much negativity and needing to let it go?? Are you serious? Have you heard a Morrissey song are you a Morrissey fan? As far as I'm concerned I went to go see the Pope of Mope last night, not to a kumbaya session. Watching that video of animals being murdered while Morrissey sang Meat is Murder really lifted my spirits. I think you need to reconsider being a Morrissey fan, you are much to pleasant and positive!

The jab isn't at the kid, but at the mother....she was standing in the front of the speakers with her kid, it was irresponsible. The fact that both the mom and kid were tacky was just the icing on the cake, but seriously if she was just a plain jane and her kid was dressed in wal mart clothing whatever. I just thought it was annoying/funny that she would go all all out for herself but not the kid...its not the kids fault the mom is a phoney try hard..good point!

ps you are also a wanker. :)

I don’t understand how non vegetarians eat turkey on ThanksKilling You see them preparing them on TV. I don’t want to see it. First of all, the colors on these birds are disgusting on the turkeys. Disease probably. Even if you are a vegetarian which I am you think how can anybody prepare any turkeys. The whole process of preparing them is disgusting. Dark meat even looks more disgusting than the white. Right, then at the end: it looks like a live bird on your plate on the table.
Kill ThanksKilling.

It’s so vile. The whole preparing and eating, it looks so gross. Even if I wasn’t a vegetarian I wouldn’t put any of that crap in my throat.

I don’t understand how non vegetarians eat turkey on ThanksKilling You see them preparing them on TV. I don’t want to see it. First of all, the colors on these birds are disgusting on the turkeys. Disease probably. Even if you are a vegetarian which I am you think how can anybody prepare any turkeys. The whole process of preparing them is disgusting. Dark meat even looks more disgusting than the white. Right, then at the end: it looks like a live bird on your plate on the table.
Kill ThanksKilling.

It’s so vile. The whole preparing and eating, it looks so gross. Even if I wasn’t a vegetarian I wouldn’t put any of that crap in my throat.

You’ve made me hungry. Now I want some delicious turkey. I want to eat the meat. The dark and the white, all covered in blood. It is so tasty. I want to eat it for dinner and breakfast and lunch. I want to crack the bones in the drumsticks and let the succulent meat flip in my mouth.

I want them to put it’s head on my dish and bathe it like it is taking a gravy shower.

I especially love the fat. The fat of the breasts and the legs and the thighs and no I’m not talking about boz, but rather that wonderful tasty turkey.

Thank you for putting me in the mood.

I had a great time! I just had a few complaints, I came on here to vent is all. Is that a crime? As far as having too much negativity and needing to let it go?? Are you serious? Have you heard a Morrissey song are you a Morrissey fan? As far as I'm concerned I went to go see the Pope of Mope last night, not to a kumbaya session. Watching that video of animals being murdered while Morrissey sang Meat is Murder really lifted my spirits. I think you need to reconsider being a Morrissey fan, you are much to pleasant and positive!

The jab isn't at the kid, but at the mother....she was standing in the front of the speakers with her kid, it was irresponsible. The fact that both the mom and kid were tacky was just the icing on the cake, but seriously if she was just a plain jane and her kid was dressed in wal mart clothing whatever. I just thought it was annoying/funny that she would go all all out for herself but not the kid...its not the kids fault the mom is a phoney try hard..good point!

ps you are also a wanker. :)

LOL! That's out right stupid to think you have to be a unpleasant, angry, mopey person to be a fan of music with those themes. Your comments paint you as an unhappy person & you would have never been satisfied with any experience you had at the show. Lighten up & stop wasting your time being so disgustingly miserable. If not for yourself but for your children who must live a frightful life if this is your point of view.

Kill ThanksKilling.

Obama did.

Calling ALL SMITHs Fans!!!!, in case you didn't know, now you do; Morrissey sucks live. The man, the myth, the person so many of us long and endearing fans have rocked out to for years, and in some cases decades, just does not have it anymore. As I watched the show, I could not help but think "Without the Smiths music, Morrissey's lyrics suck". I mean seriously, what was up with his band? Am I the only one who thought these guys looked like overly polished studio musicians that just outright looked awkward up there with OUR guy. Honestly, I'm still in shock, at how odd that ensemble looked up on stage. First off, What was up with them wearing "f*** Fur" shirts, and yet Morissey not wearing one himself? I know, I've seen him once before, and he had his band mates do the same thing with different shirts, but let's keep it real: That's lame! I don't get it, and I'm sure some of you more 'die hard' Morrissey enthusiasts can explain it to me, but it's just plain weird, and not mention somewhat dictatorial. Do you guys honestly think these guys in unison want to rock out while sporting the same logo? I highly doubt it. Secondly, what was up with his band, with the exception of one of the lead guitar players being at least 2o years younger than Morrissey? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an ageist, good musicians exist irregadless of age, but in this case I found a disconnect between the style these youngster played and Morrissey's singing. The juxstaposition of his voice (which still sounds good),against the modern overly rock and roll sound his band mates projected, was devoid of the 80's and even early 90's snyth-pop-rock combination that initially drew me to Morrissey.

Now I know many of you might not agree with my begrudging and perhaps cruel remarks, but nevertheless I write this critical rant, not because I'm hater, (although a lot does bother me) but rather because I've heard Morrissey at his best (at home, on my radio).

Sad son,

"Constant communion with a mind highly refined, severely cultivated, and much experienced, cannot but produce a beneficial impressions." Benjamin Disraeli
So, go to next Mr M gig, if you want to become - Man.

we'll let you know

Holy shit. Pretty much this entire three pages is filled with a bunch of negative stuff about Moz and/or the crowd. I can understand the crowd this but don't pick on the Moz. The guy doesn't have to tour anymore but I am so glad he does. On the crowd side of things, I totally get it. I will not go to shows at the Fonda any more due to the weird crowd thing that goes on there. At a Yo La Tengo show a while back, we were singing along with some of the quieter songs and a bunch of f***s were telling us to be quiet while sssshhhhhhhhh-ing use with their fingers up to their mouths. LA folks, come down to the San Diego shows....you won't regret it. Oh and regarding the opener, she was really really bad I agree. Terrible.

Sad son,

"Constant communion with a mind highly refined, severely cultivated, and much experienced, cannot but produce a beneficial impressions." Benjamin Disraeli
So, go to next Mr M gig, if you want to become - Man.

we'll let you know

I'm confused by your comment and quote?

You said Morrissey sucks live??? Say this to my face, you ingrate, and YOU will suck -- only you’ll suck -- dead
You complete and utter plonk

I'm confused by your comment and quote?

M's slight accomplishments were the standard of all perfection, his sayings were the soul of all good fellowship, and his opinion the guide in any crisis which occured in the monotonous existence of the little commonwealth.
So, just go to M's next gig, and become - Human.

we'll let you know

No comment on what you had to say. I just want to tell you that "irregadless", missing that 'r' and all, isn't a word. It's "regardless".

Back
Top Bottom