Los Angeles, CA - "The Late Late Show with James Corden" (Nov. 7, 2018) - Reminder/Reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Late Late Show with James Corden" on Nov. 7, 2018.

Link posted by countthree:

Link posted by docinwestchester:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey Pumps Up 'Late Late Show' With Lively Rendition of Pretenders' 'Back on the Chain Gang': Watch - Billboard

44847_Morrissey-corden-billboard-1548.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Morrissey Late Show With James Pictures and Images (6 total) - Getty Images. Link via @ericacalil / Twitter.

44858_gettyimages-1059690836-1024x1024.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Image posted by Famous when dead (from @officialmoz Tweet now reposted):

44804_44794_IMG_20181106_162121.jpg

Last edited:
i cant say that I ever cared about the faces jesse makes, and if I had only ever seen jesse play the guitar I probably wouldn't have thought there was any reason to do it differently. but then you look at someone like Bernard butler--different kind of music i know--who was just so great in his movements, so fascinating to watch, and who would never make silly faces, and who was so at ease while he played that he could swish his pretty hair around at the same time, rather than having to concentrate with all his energy and might on the singular task like an inelegant child learning to handwrite. i mean, he really brought something to a performance, so that half the time I cant decide if I want to watch sexyBrett or him (BIG conundrum. thank god with youtube I can replay videos to give them BOTH the attention they deserve). now I don't have a problem with jesse, but I also kind of think he's neither here nor there--and why have someone like that when you could have someone really great? but maybe Morrissey doesn't want that, maybe he wants his band to be lacklustre so there's no question about who you should be watching.

He didn't play it 'fine' though - he simplified it; ripped out the jangle; and now that he's fudged it live, it appears that that is purely to facilitate his limited hack 'n' slash, stompy playing... which didn't work anyway. I mean, it's all just opinion at the end of the day. But obviously, people complaining about it think it's far from 'fine'
ripped out the jangle,sounds like a serious injury.
Fridays joke==just found out forest gumps password for his email address,its 1FORREST1.hahaha,see you all tomorrow.

i cant say that I ever cared about the faces jesse makes, and if I had only ever seen jesse play the guitar I probably wouldn't have thought there was any reason to do it differently. but then you look at someone like Bernard butler--different kind of music i know--who was just so great in his movements, so fascinating to watch, and who would never make silly faces, and who was so at ease while he played that he could swish his pretty hair around at the same time, rather than having to concentrate with all his energy and might on the singular task like an inelegant child learning to handwrite. i mean, he really brought something to a performance, so that half the time I cant decide if I want to watch sexyBrett or him (BIG conundrum. thank god with youtube I can replay videos to give them BOTH the attention they deserve). now I don't have a problem with jesse, but I also kind of think he's neither here nor there--and why have someone like that when you could have someone really great? but maybe Morrissey doesn't want that, maybe he wants his band to be lacklustre so there's no question about who you should be watching.

Bernard Butler - what a guitarist :guitar::guitar::rock:

Lovely riah. And skin. And teeth.

Surely you are speaking of Alanis Morissette...

On a separate but related note -- when Jesse first name on the scene (with Moz), I often thought that he had just been at the local record shop flipping through the bins alphabetically. He didn't have to search far for his next target/meal ticket as it was just a inches away in that same bin - Morrissey! (Too bad for us all that he didn't flip in the other direction. He may have been a session player for Meatloaf!)

MrShoes

must be a mental illness that drives people to even care or have an opinion on the faces a person makes or how they play guitar.

If he's been good enough for Morrissey all these years then it's his business not yours, and that is all that matters.

And anyways .....

Most bands and musicians become more proficient at their craft as they get older, and very few of them replace some of their most talented members with mediocre players. Some do. I feel the same way about The Cure replacing Boris Williams with Jason Cooper on the drums, and same situation as Morrissey. It's gone on for so long as to be permanent, the fans are consternated, and they lost something important in their sound. I get friendships, but who hasn't gotten their friend on at a job only to eventually go "Yeesh, he/she's a great friend, but they aren't very good at the job, and due to me vouching for them, I look less good as a result."

Well I met morrissey and Jesse once in a chipper in Ballybunion and offered to buy them both the veggie snack box... with curry sauce. I won't repeat what they said to me, suffice it to say I haven't looked at a curried chip in the same way since. :sick:

Any photos or more info of this meeting?
Was it in between when he played Kilarney and was traveling to his next gig in Galway?

Surely you are speaking of Alanis Morissette...

On a separate but related note -- when Jesse first name on the scene (with Moz), I often thought that he had just been at the local record shop flipping through the bins alphabetically. He didn't have to search far for his next target/meal ticket as it was just a inches away in that same bin - Morrissey! (Too bad for us all that he didn't flip in the other direction. He may have been a session player for Meatloaf!)

MrShoes

Surely someone thought about this before:

Morrissey + anissette = Alanis Morissette

think maybe your reading into this a wee bit too much.then again its a free country or at least it used to be.

LOL... is clapping related to some sort of freedom of expression?
Hhahaha... I am not reading anything, just noticing that his way of following the song whilst clapping is a bit weird for me... So I find it interesting.

Tags
back on the chain gang single
Back
Top Bottom