Los Angeles, CA - Microsoft Theater (Nov. 1, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / November Spawned A Monster / Spent The Day In Bed / Sunny / Jack The Ripper / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Break Up The Family / When You Open Your Legs / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Photos (4 total) posted by @MSTheater / Twitter via @Intl_Playgirl.

44736_los_angeles_1.jpg
  • Dan MacIntosh Review: Morrissey Lets Music do the Talking at Novo Show in LA - California Rocker. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
I see it as you and G23 hating the future and change by demanding he does not change his lyrics to fit in with there here and now and future. Moz changes lyrics to be funny and in tune with the times. I have always felt that was the best thing with him singing live.
If you sing along loud and he changes the lyric you feel a bit stupid but that is ok you know. Maybe it is about listening more than shouting along with a bad singing voice?
I don't hate the future or change. I look to it with anticipation, wonder, curiosity, and an open mind and heart. Is there trepidation there? Sure, but only because I live where there are madmen at the helm and everybody is on edge. I don't care what he changes the lyrics to, but in certain instances, I think the changes are kind of iffy. But hey, They aren't my songs and the unchanged versions still exist.

I stopped reading after hopeless snowflakes.
I know you did and it is bad enough you have one yourself or at least one in the making or maybe the virus from the 90's has worn off by now?
I hope you realise I speak about swedish snowflakes cause we have the worst. One 90's kid, a man or boy, started crying and left the checkout when I told him he doesn't have to remind me every bloody time that I don't have to put the 6 water bottles packages on the conveyor belt. I was already about to give him the bar code but he was mad and sad about Trump winning the election and the store manager confirmed it.
Daniel is antifa and he needs to cry instead of working so his boss can pay him for that.

I don't hate the future or change. I look to it with anticipation, wonder, curiosity, and an open mind and heart. Is there trepidation there? Sure, but only because I live where there are madmen at the helm and everybody is on edge. I don't care what he changes the lyrics to, but in certain instances, I think the changes are kind of iffy. But hey, They aren't my songs and the unchanged versions still exist.
Trepidation is a much better word for it so tell CG to use that instead of fear. A live gig is not a studio recording and I know people, Rolf, who hated every single live recording.

Maybe nowhere is where he feels at home.

Except for globalization, McDonalds, etc... I do believe people need to
accept change, and not waste energy trying to fight something that quite naturally will change. But at the same time, we/you shouldn't try to change people who simply don't want to change. Change comes to one from within and in their own time, or not at all, and we should accept that also.

So the Buddhist goes up to the hotdog vendor and says make me one with everything.
The hotdog vendor whips it up and says that'll be $2.99.
The Buddhist hands over a twenty, and the vendor says Thanks!
The Buddhist says Hey buddy! Where is my change?
And the vendor simply replies Change must come from within.

There has to be a middle ground with nostalgia and change. Of course I mourn certain places or times,
because they were simple, or unspoiled, or less or more popular than they are now.
I do think it's a good thing, if Morrissey is wounded by nostalgia that at least he has the means to escape it
through travel or luxury. I no longer try to change people in life, because we're all complicated and weird.
I just hope the best for them, and that they find a place of serenity.

So the Buddhist goes up to the hotdog vendor and says make me one with everything.

There has to be a middle ground with nostalgia and change. Of course I mourn certain places or times,
because they were simple, or unspoiled, or less or more popular than they are now.
I do think it's a good thing, if Morrissey is wounded by nostalgia that at least he has the means to escape it
through travel or luxury. I no longer try to change people in life, because we're all complicated and weird.
I think most people miss other people and settings that are now gone. With age you realise you have less to expect and look forward to cause the best days are most likely behind you.
It's a cruel fact that most people will have more money when they are less likely to have any real use for them. Some things can only be done and enjoyed when young.

I was old inside when young now I'm young inside when old.

I don't really want to argue with G23 and CG who are two of the best people on this site and it's not even an argument the way I see it. It's weird how my name pops up in so many threads and discussions especially when I am just a sick little troll after all.

For some nostalgia is like a four letter word. We have so many things today that are things we simply could not be without but then again there are things we probably lost with time that we'd much rather have instead of some of the things we have now.
Nostalgia can be good or bad depending on how you use it. I can in no way see how Morrissey who made a whole career out of nostalgia can be blamed for having used it in a bad way. It gave him inspiration but nowadays it is like we are not supposed to think about the past and the people from the past.
This weekend a majority of swedes did during the all souls day weekend with every cemetery filled with candles to remember and say thank you to those that went before us. It is when we start living our life only through nostalgic old memories it becomes a threat to our mental health.
I draw great strength from the past and old memories and when people mourn someone I always tell them that when someone die the mourning will pass faster than we think and we end up smiling and remembering the good things and the great memories and tears quickly turn into laughter.
I in fact no longer believe in grief and mourning, that is rarely a part of peoples process when some loved one has died. But I believe in the emptiness we feel when someone has left us and that emptiness is sometimes really hard to come to terms with.
I wouldn't call myself a particularly strong person but in the face of death it turned out I was as people around me were falling like bowling pins after the perfect strike and I stood there wondering what the hell they were doing.
We have to ask ourselves why it is only those people with a strong religious belief that cry the most at funerals. That always made me and my mother curious.

I hadn’t heard the second part of that joke before. I like it!

I was old inside when young now I'm young inside when old.
Isn't that the truth? I always laughed at older folks who seemed well adjusted or youthful. But in retrospect, that was the old cynic in young me. Every year that passes I put another shovel of dirt on my cynical side and no longer call it "being a realist" in a sarcastic tone.

Nice album (20 pics):

Regards,
FWD.

Is f***ing rump considered a war crime? Just asking.

morrissey-durante-su-concierto-en-mexico_820_573_1476764.JPG
That photo reminds me of Moz from the Top Of The Pops session for Roy's Keen which wasn't televised until years after 1997. Does Moz have deluxe anti aging cream or a degenerate self portrait hidden in the attic? He looks ace.
Video from 97 below.

Isn't that the truth? I always laughed at older folks who seemed well adjusted or youthful. But in retrospect, that was the old cynic in young me. Every year that passes I put another shovel of dirt on my cynical side and no longer call it "being a realist" in a sarcastic tone.
You know what helps keep me feeling young? Finding new music that excites me or old music that I somehow missed.
Listening to a great new album by Stolen called Fragment. Also listening to Quantum Gate by Tangerine Dream. I'm far more open to different music now than I was in my teens.

You know what helps keep me feeling young? Finding new music that excites me or old music that I somehow missed.
Listening to a great new album by Stolen called Fragment. Also listening to Quantum Gate by Tangerine Dream. I'm far more open to different music now than I was in my teens.
Same here, actually. I think you need the tribe that a specific genre or two represents in your teenage years, but as you get older you learn to recognize music that resonates with your spirit instead of your fashion.

Super fun tiemz!! And the best part at home and in bed by 11:51 up since 5am good night thank god for no nut november. :sleeping: Rad show, Moz. Have a great tour!
HI Crystal.....always seeing the good in things you are and thank you kindly for it.

Same here, actually. I think you need the tribe that a specific genre or two represents in your teenage years, but as you get older you learn to recognize music that resonates with your spirit instead of your fashion.
Agreed G23....."When I was 7 years old." Flies high and cuts deep in a reflective way..a good way to make me think about appreciation and respect..dare I say "love."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom