Los Angeles, CA - Microsoft Theater (Nov. 1, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / November Spawned A Monster / Spent The Day In Bed / Sunny / Jack The Ripper / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Break Up The Family / When You Open Your Legs / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Photos (4 total) posted by @MSTheater / Twitter via @Intl_Playgirl.

44736_los_angeles_1.jpg
  • Dan MacIntosh Review: Morrissey Lets Music do the Talking at Novo Show in LA - California Rocker. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
The van noten shirt I did not care for. The runway outfit I liked. Not into distressed jeans but I liked the design on them and the peacock shirt

That's actually a good setlist. I haven't been to any Morrissey shows for more than 10 years because I've been put off by the awful setlists. If he weren't such an awful old racist, I would consider buying a ticket.

Good set list if another band were plying the songs. The band he has now (aside from Walker) is dreadful.

It's like 20013 when he sang Please, please, please, let me have who I want. It reduced the song from a universal ache to a shit love song, or his neutered EAT KILL EAT KILL MURDER replacing the more thoughtful and profound "it's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder."

He's George Lucasing his own songs.
I agree. It frustrating bc at the end of the day he can do what he wants. They’re his songs. And he can change them to reflect how he feels, but going in to the show he has this immense backup choir who will sing along with him but if he changes the words we just stop singing bc we’re confused. It’s a tough situation in terms of thinking of concerts as being communal happenings or events which isn’t always the goal but i thought it was on the cusp of a midterm election where we’re trying to flip the house from gay-hate red to blue. Whatever. He’ll always be cool in my book. I’ve deduced he’s not so much racist as nostalgic and there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s a good kid raised by a lecture-y domineering mom. Nobody considers that but I’ll always know. :)

There’s a lot of people in the world who hate change and I’d say without skipping a beat Morrissey is a leader of that mindset. But it reads as racist. But it isn’t at the end of the day. It’s more an OCD issue. Unless of course he’s Urban then I’d change the convo bc he’s full of fear but as i see it, he ain’t racist. He just wants the chip shops he doesn’t go to to be run by pastey blokes like his dad knew. It’s a harmless mindset. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I agree. It frustrating bc at the end of the day he can do what he wants. They’re his songs. And he can change them to reflect how he feels, but going in to the show he has this immense backup choir who will sing along with him but if he changes the words we just stop singing bc we’re confused. It’s a tough situation in terms of thinking of concerts as being communal happenings or events which isn’t always the goal but i thought it was on the cusp of a midterm election where we’re trying to flip the house from gay-hate red to blue. Whatever. He’ll always be cool in my book. I’ve deduced he’s not so much racist as nostalgic and there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s a good kid raised by a lecture-y domineering mom. Nobody considers that but I’ll always know. :)

There’s a lot of people in the world who hate change and I’d say without skipping a beat Morrissey is a leader of that mindset. But it reads as racist. But it isn’t at the end of the day. It’s more an OCD issue. Unless of course he’s Urban then I’d change the convo bc he’s full of fear but as i see it, he ain’t racist. He just wants the chip shops he doesn’t go to to be run by pastey blokes like his dad knew. It’s a harmless mindset. Prove me wrong.
I wouldn't call such stubborn clinging to the past harmless. Wouldn't you say allowing constant pangs of nostalgia to influence your life and actions is a form of self harm? And when you spread that mentality outward, your same age peers may agree, because they too are stuck with a mental polaroid instead of the picture in front of their eyes, but as you strip away the years by tens, you will find that the younger generations will not understand you, will not want to understand you. Because at that point, you are the foreigner that seems not to fit in to the world, and does not speak to, or for them. By embracing this toxic and clouded nostalgia, Morrissey has lost his grip on his most potent artistic tool, universality. We all long for the homes of our youth, but let's face it, the world no longer belongs to the past, but the future, whatever that may hold.

I wouldn't call such stubborn clinging to the past harmless. Wouldn't you say allowing constant pangs of nostalgia to influence your life and actions is a form of self harm? And when you spread that mentality outward, your same age peers may agree, because they too are stuck with a mental polaroid instead of the picture in front of their eyes, but as you strip away the years by tens, you will find that the younger generations will not understand you, will not want to understand you. Because at that point, you are the foreigner that seems not to fit in to the world, and does not speak to, or for them. By embracing this toxic and clouded nostalgia, Morrissey has lost his grip on his most potent artistic tool, universality. We all long for the homes of our youth, but let's face it, the world no longer belongs to the past, but the future, whatever that may hold.
He can't be expected to speak for the young all of his life. That feeling of nostalgia is universal, and if he were to write about it, it could capture a feeling common among people of his age. Many great Morrissey songs seem to have come out of harmful feelings. I don't believe that this feeling should be detrimental to his art... I only see potential.

He can't be expected to speak for the young all of his life. That feeling of nostalgia is universal, and if he were to write about it, it could capture a feeling common among people of his age. Many great Morrissey songs seem to have come out of harmful feelings. I don't believe that this feeling should be detrimental to his art... I only see potential.
It's a trap. Shackles of the mind and spirit. A little nostalgia goes a long way, too much nostalgia takes you nowhere.

It's a trap. Shackles of the mind and spirit. A little nostalgia goes a long way, too much nostalgia takes you nowhere.

Maybe nowhere is where he feels at home.

Except for globalization, McDonalds, etc... I do believe people need to
accept change, and not waste energy trying to fight something that quite naturally will change. But at the same time, we/you shouldn't try to change people who simply don't want to change. Change comes to one from within and in their own time, or not at all, and we should accept that also.

Morrissey has lost his grip on his most potent artistic tool, universality. .

universality ?

Believe he already has that covered, proven by the places he plays, where they don't even speak the same language, and young audiences also... in far off places.

I know the crowd enjoyed the songs, but except for a handful the songs they are a bit depressing!. Wish you Lonely, William it was really nothing, etc... I always thought he was self deprecating but his point of view on life is quite dark. It's a shame.

LOL
Nothing could be further from the truth and there are no chip shops here. If I lived with fear then my stomach would hurt but I see reality for what it is and not all people are into that especially these days when a twitter post could mean they lose their job and their season ticket at the club they support.
G23 is always on about the divide between youth and the old and that divide is natural and have always been there but personally I don't miss my youth at all or want to return to it. But I do find the young generations to be hopeless snowflakes who lost all self respect but that is something they will have to deal with when I am long gone.
Thanks for being the only one realising I'm not racist but fear don't come into it and I would urge you not to project your own fear onto me. My dad is and always was a big jazz fan and knew more non-white non-swedes than most people and he was a liberal but the true kind who wanted the individual to dictate over life instead of the state and the government dealing with every single detail of our private lives.
Nowadays he votes for the racists just like me and we don't mind being called racists as long as the political views are there to defend certain values that we will miss when they are gone forever. In Sweden someone with your view would call him and me insane and let that explain why we are such racists but labels have always been there since the beginning of time and in the end they have no effect on you. Opinion is good and sound and we need more of it not less.
When it comes to what you call chip shops, pizzerias, I did visit one the other week which is run by the serbian mob and the guy there was all smiles having not seen me in years. I asked him if they ever found and took care of the people that robbed the place a few years ago and he just smiled and nodded.
It is weird that if you have a certain view people like yourself believe that people like us never mix with non-whites and people from abroad. I even helped an immigrant from Iraq to send text messages to a girl from Vietnam and they are happily married with kids today. I also worked with a muslim woman who took off her hijab at work for a big easter party that we had which made her 20 years younger. She could do that cause her husband had died. Her and me talked a lot about things while working and even talked in private when I ran past her and her family having a BBQ in a park. I would have married her daughter in an instant.
I have had girlfriends from Finland, South Korea and Hungary. In Manchester I frequently spent time with people from every culture and often went in cabs with pakistanis and we always discussed politics and why the english have a hard time accepting them.
I had to defend my black ticket tout who provided me with tickets when he wasn't working with his pressure tubing business and even had to defend him against a local mob in a pub there. The others would have loved to hear him talk about how he was friends with several dutch national team players who invited him to their games.
I know this comes as a surprise but I hate racism and the worst form of racism to me was when swedish bouncers refused certain people to enter clubs and pubs back in the late 90's and early 00's. If we cannot even meet and talk and enjoy each others company in public places and clubs and bars we are truly doomed.
How in the hell did I end up in your equation like this?

I forgot reckon California's son said a speech before Everyday Sunday that he appreciated how everyone was still loyal to him in his hometown Moz Angeles even after all the Brits and other assorted foreigners talk shit about him.

I see it as you and G23 hating the future and change by demanding he does not change his lyrics to fit in with there here and now and future. Moz changes lyrics to be funny and in tune with the times. I have always felt that was the best thing with him singing live.
If you sing along loud and he changes the lyric you feel a bit stupid but that is ok you know. Maybe it is about listening more than shouting along with a bad singing voice?

LOL
Nothing could be further from the truth and there are no chip shops here. If I lived with fear then my stomach would hurt but I see reality for what it is and not all people are into that especially these days when a twitter post could mean they lose their job and their season ticket at the club they support.
G23 is always on about the divide between youth and the old and that divide is natural and have always been there but personally I don't miss my youth at all or want to return to it. But I do find the young generations to be hopeless snowflakes who lost all self respect but that is something they will have to deal with when I am long gone.
Thanks for being the only one realising I'm not racist but fear don't come into it and I would urge you not to project your own fear onto me. My dad is and always was a big jazz fan and knew more non-white non-swedes than most people and he was a liberal but the true kind who wanted the individual to dictate over life instead of the state and the government dealing with every single detail of our private lives.
Nowadays he votes for the racists just like me and we don't mind being called racists as long as the political views are there to defend certain values that we will miss when they are gone forever. In Sweden someone with your view would call him and me insane and let that explain why we are such racists but labels have always been there since the beginning of time and in the end they have no effect on you. Opinion is good and sound and we need more of it not less.
When it comes to what you call chip shops, pizzerias, I did visit one the other week which is run by the serbian mob and the guy there was all smiles having not seen me in years. I asked him if they ever found and took care of the people that robbed the place a few years ago and he just smiled and nodded.
It is weird that if you have a certain view people like yourself believe that people like us never mix with non-whites and people from abroad. I even helped an immigrant from Iraq to send text messages to a girl from Vietnam and they are happily married with kids today. I also worked with a muslim woman who took off her hijab at work for a big easter party that we had which made her 20 years younger. She could do that cause her husband had died. Her and me talked a lot about things while working and even talked in private when I ran past her and her family having a BBQ in a park. I would have married her daughter in an instant.
I have had girlfriends from Finland, South Korea and Hungary. In Manchester I frequently spent time with people from every culture and often went in cabs with pakistanis and we always discussed politics and why the english have a hard time accepting them.
I had to defend my black ticket tout who provided me with tickets when he wasn't working with his pressure tubing business and even had to defend him against a local mob in a pub there. The others would have loved to hear him talk about how he was friends with several dutch national team players who invited him to their games.
I know this comes as a surprise but I hate racism and the worst form of racism to me was when swedish bouncers refused certain people to enter clubs and pubs back in the late 90's and early 00's. If we cannot even meet and talk and enjoy each others company in public places and clubs and bars we are truly doomed.

Just wanted to add there were never ever in any point in time white people working in what you call a chip shop. The arrival of take away food and the obesity that followed came when swedes stopped eating healthy home made meals from swedish recipes because immigration also gave us unhealthy foods.
I remember when chinese food was considered healthier but nowadays we know better and what harm soy and sugar and flour and deep fried food does to our health.

LOL

I think fear is the next over used word after racism and fear is this:

Trying to run away from a cheetah in an open field.
Watching a hand grenade roll on the floor while you look at each other with open mouths.
Opening the door and two cops with sad faces stand there and you know your kid was out playing.

I want to find a better word cause fear and hate and racism never really apply. We say we hate a lot of things but the feeling is never strong enough. Instead of fear I'd say I am skeptical to a lot of things but with no kids or not having to work and compete on that market there are not really a lot of things left for me to fear other than my own death and that I believe everyone fears but few admit it.
When you remind the ones saying they don't fear dying I tend to remind them that they will not be able to breathe and we have a whole new ball game but the look on their faces is priceless.

giphy.gif

LOL
I stopped reading after hopeless snowflakes.

Back
Top Bottom