Los Angeles, CA - Microsoft Theater (Nov. 1, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / November Spawned A Monster / Spent The Day In Bed / Sunny / Jack The Ripper / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Break Up The Family / When You Open Your Legs / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Photos (4 total) posted by @MSTheater / Twitter via @Intl_Playgirl.

44736_los_angeles_1.jpg
  • Dan MacIntosh Review: Morrissey Lets Music do the Talking at Novo Show in LA - California Rocker. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
It’s “mealy”, f***tard. Pick your battles. The comment was SPOT-ON and your response was about as clever as that of a drowning kitten.

Moz sounds pretty decent in those vids but shame about the band. f***ing dreadful. The strings on Dial a Cliche are just porous. ...and How Soon is Now should be empirically, verifiably left to Johnny Marr.

That lot of clowns have no business playing the music of The Smiths.

Morrissey changed that lyric in the live version. You are the f***tard.

While i enjoyed hearing Dial-cliche...I didn’t love the lyric change. He sang “Be a cliche.” It took this romantic, echoey non-descript song of my youth and made it kinda lecture-y especially with the banner in back that something about IMAGINE NOT BEING AFRAID or something. Like it seems kinda mean to call your audience who just dropped hundreds of dollars to be there a “cliche.” I dunno maybe i read his intentions wrong but i was a little confused. But it still sounded beautiful. That fkn voice. Blerg. He can sing like no other. And scat with no abandon. It’s like watching a World Glossalalia Competition Finalist.
I don't think he was calling the audience a cliche. I think the song maintained its perspective and so was still about someone telling Moz to "Be a cliche". I'm not the first to say this, but I suspect it's a message from him about his recent statements and the backlash. People are telling him to shut his "stupid mouth" and "be a cliche" but he doesn't want to, perhaps? That's how I immediately interpreted it anyway.

While i enjoyed hearing Dial-cliche...I didn’t love the lyric change. He sang “Be a cliche.” It took this romantic, echoey non-descript song of my youth and made it kinda lecture-y especially with the banner in back that something about IMAGINE NOT BEING AFRAID or something. Like it seems kinda mean to call your audience who just dropped hundreds of dollars to be there a “cliche.” I dunno maybe i read his intentions wrong but i was a little confused. But it still sounded beautiful. That fkn voice. Blerg. He can sing like no other. And scat with no abandon. It’s like watching a World Glossalalia Competition Finalist.
MFKer, Moz is unique, their is no replacement, enjoy

I don't think he was calling the audience a cliche. I think the song maintained its perspective and so was still about someone telling Moz to "Be a cliche". I'm not the first to say this, but I suspect it's a message from him about his recent statements and the backlash. People are telling him to shut his "stupid mouth" and "be a cliche" but he doesn't want to, perhaps? That's how I immediately interpreted it anyway.

I was confused as to what the back drop had to do with the song. But he never really ever says what he means. It's a bit ironic.

Seems to me that Boz had Johnny's neck tattoo put on for this show, a tribute? Making fun? Who knows...

Attachments

• 20181103_082810.jpg
    20181103_082810.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 0
It's like 20013 when he sang Please, please, please, let me have who I want. It reduced the song from a universal ache to a shit love song, or his neutered EAT KILL EAT KILL MURDER replacing the more thoughtful and profound "it's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder."

He's George Lucasing his own songs.

Moz changing the lyrics live is the only thing worth going to his gigs for. Some people are just so unable to enjoy things like that cause they take it all too serious. There are few stand up comedians that made me laugh more than Moz did when he plays live.

Moz changing the lyrics live is the only thing worth going to his gigs for. Some people are just so unable to enjoy things like that cause they take it all too serious. There are few stand up comedians that made me laugh more than Moz did when he plays live.
There's a difference between "To be Finnish would be a relief- To be Swedish would be a relief" and "Be a cliche." The first is witty and unexpected, the second is lame, and reduces the cleverness of the original.

Skinney was right all along, Morrissey s announced he s a monster (prior to the beginning of November) which is a veiled reference to Nazi war criminals. We will have to continue to monitor what he says in subsequent concerts and if he makes any reference to butchers then we ve nailed him. Watch this space !
Is f***ing rump considered a war crime? Just asking.

morrissey-durante-su-concierto-en-mexico_820_573_1476764.JPG

_DOL0069.jpg

He could have worn this Africanish tee as an homage to feeling black inside - or is the peacock played out??

There's a difference between "To be Finnish would be a relief- To be Swedish would be a relief" and "Be a cliche." The first is witty and unexpected, the second is lame, and reduces the cleverness of the original.
I beg to differ and in fact it makes the night even more special like when he played around with my Man United scarf in Solna 1997 and then the gig after at Battersea power station changed the lyrics from "Every Stressford poet" to "every Stretford Ender poet".
Ask a United fan about the difference. By changing lyrics he makes it either funny or more special like the gig and the changing of lyrics become an even greater occasion. Plus of course with time and the longer you live life lyrics tend to get new meanings and none more so than when it comes to his lyrics.
As for cliche' well everyone is today especially the fake news media which is why he changed the lyrics on the night. He might pretend to hate Trump but Moz and Trump both agree that all news is fake these days if it comes from MSM.
You guys need to find better things to get angry at, smile a little and see the fun in it cause we cannot be totally serious all the time. But perhaps that little thing was all you lefties could find for now?

At this point not even Moz would claim that being swedish would be a relief. I think he knows far too much about North Korea 2 to claim such a thing and wish it for himself or anyone else.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom