Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
I had some friends get angry at the *event security* in front of the stage blocking people trying to get on stage and after the show when some people were arguing with them, even Morrissey's security guy told the *event security* to calm down and that he can't threaten to kick her out. From what I can tell, Morrissey's security on stage is fairly reasonable and if he signals to them that he wants someone on stage, they'll back off for a bit to allow them to hug like with Trinity and the little girl. It's the event/venue security you have to watch out for.

Anyway, here's the preshow video list:
1. Ramones - Loudmouth
2. Paper Dolls - Something in My Heart
3. How Soon is Now by t.A.T.u on German Top of the Pops (yes, really hahaha!)
4. Pickettywitch - Sad Old Kinda Movie on Top of the Pops
5. James Brown - Say it Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud (the 1968 TV performance where he's surrounded by seated white people haha)
6. Andy Warhol - Flesh // Lou Reed - Make Up
7. Unknown film clip of woman??
8. Dionne Warwick - Don't Make Me Over
9. "How Important Is One's Nationality to One's Identity" bit by British comedian
10. Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen
11. James Baldwin clip
12. Fiona Apple - Sally's Song from The Nightmare Before Christmas
13. L'insoumis clip (from which the Queen is Dead album cover is taken)
14. Four Tops - It's the Same Old Song
15. New York Dolls - Jet Boy
16. Lipsynka clip

Very surprised nobody noticed the download of the official Hollywood Bowl menu for yesterday & today accommodating Moz available on the buzzband article.
And... (runs for cover)...
Cheese does feature :)
"The Morrissey Market Place Menu".
Screenshot_20171111-212606.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png

11.png
Regards,
FWD.

That made me ill.
Honestly, I'm disturbed with the amount of injuries and abuse I've seen at Morrissey shows over the years.
And Morrissey is way more to the mellow side of my tastes. I've seen countless Industrial/metal/punk shows, survived moshing and crowd surfing through the 90's, and I've seen countless people hurt at a f***ing Morrissey show of all places. There was another incident where a young lady in Spokane was trying to climb the barrier in Spokane, only to have security sweep her legs from under her on top of the barrier. Her head met concrete, she left on a stretcher. But I hear she met Morrissey backstage because of it, so that's nice...

If you're into abuse.

Took My Kids to See Morrissey last night..
For me it was an okay show.. for them.. they were excited to see him Live for the 1st time Together.
The Crowd was not into the new songs what’s so Ever & I’ve seen more energetic shows from him.
I really wished he would of put more of an effort for The Hollywood Bowl instead of his Videos of bitching & complaining. And Seriously.. did he come out last night? Seems like it..
Great to see him announce his Official Day in Los Angeles.. I just thought that the performance would be a little extra special. Hopefully he switches up the Setlist Soon.

xoxo
Mozluv
In what way did he come out?

There's 444 tickets onsale now at Ticketmaster, not their 'Get Me In' re-sale site. And there's 389 available on Viagogo. There are other re-sale sites with more tickets. It isn't a sell-out tonight and wasn't last night. What this shows is that the scalpers/touts got it wrong & will be left with unsold tickets. Which is nice.

Gigs now routinely are listed as 'sold out' when they're not. The artists/promoters & ticket agencies are scamming, trying to create 'artificial scarcity'. They hold back tickets hoping to flog them for huge sums on official re-sales sites at inflated prices. Then if they fail to sell them all (as in this case) they return those tickets to the main selling site at the original prices. There's no doubt Morrissey can comfortably sell out a single night at the Hollywood Bowl but there is a great deal of doubt about any claim that he has sold out 2 nights in succession. The evidence is against that conclusion. There are loads of tickets for the second show and there were a fair few for the opening night. My original calculation of 95% for Fri and 90% for Saturday remains backed up by evidence. It' also clear that the public are recoiling from Morrissey's pricing strategies both in the US and the UK. Beyond 'the cult' there is real resistance to paying so much money for a 75 minute set from a singer who cannot project to a large audience as his stagecraft only really works in intimate venues. Even 'Morrissey Day' couldn't fill out both nights.
The tickets in the back section are total shite and almost never sell, even in the peak of Summer and if it was a Beyonce' show. Even the recent multi-show "sold out" Tom Petty weekend had similar seats and availabilities.
Crickey. You would have a better view on a periscope link on your smartphone.
You can find a lot of fault in Morrissey's bluster, but getting over 30 thousand bums sitting in late fall chilly seats at the Holly Bowl ain't one of them.

Very surprised nobody noticed the download of the official Hollywood Bowl menu for yesterday & today accommodating Moz available on the buzzband article.
View attachment 42752 View attachment 42753 View attachment 42754 View attachment 42755 View attachment 42757 View attachment 42758 View attachment 42759 View attachment 42760 View attachment 42761 View attachment 42762

Cheesegate Part 2

Has L.A. ever officially declared a day for another single artist?

Elvis? M.Jackson ? Sinatra? etc ?

a wonderful set btw ! , 50,000,000 Moz fans can't go wrong. :thumb:

Where do you get these imaginary 50k fans from?
The Hollywood Bowl has a capacity of 17,500. My calculation is as follows:

Friday 95% attendance: 16,625
Saturday 90% attendance: 15, 750
Total: 32,335

Where do you get "50,000,000" Moz fans from?
Is this some sort of 'intergalactic calculation'?
Please....can everyone on this thread sort out their maths/math issues?!!!!

When Morrissey sells out the Staples Centre for 8 nights, get back to me. OK? Morrissey LA Day- Adele LA Week!!!!!

xo xo

No because the local council persons at the time weren't huge nut job fans of Elvis and co and didn't abuse their powers and duties just to meet their idol.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

I wonder how long Manchester council will hold out against the mob now that LA has joined Tel Aviv in honouring the Cheez Monster?

$12 “vegan hot-dog” anyone?

Not to worry... You’ll have your choice of 5 cheeses, ice cream and whipped cream as toppings.

10% off for those wearing cashmere.

Bugger off with the half-assed vegan bullshit.

What you're describing is the same for EVERY "Sold out" artist/event nowadays.

I've attended several "sold out" events in the past month. And last nights show was pretty great turnout. So why are you even posting this other than to try to give the impression its only Morrissey? As if he controls the way the tickets are sold? It has to do with the business, promoters, etc. Remember years back when Pearl Jam tried to change the way business handles ticket sales? Artists dont really have much control over these matters.

The pictures of the crowd really bothers you that much?

Radiohead, Kraftwerk, Kate Bush....lots of artists are taking a stand against these anti-fan scams. Others are colluding with the touts/scalpers & Ticketbastard to maximise $£

Morrissey could easily insist that all tickets are sold at face value, that the booker's name is on each ticke and ID is required to gain entrance. He chooses not to.....try again, mofo....

If the pictures of the Sold Out" crowd at show time bother you that much, just ignore those and look at the one of the soundcheck instead. :crazy::lbf:

They don't bother me, they amuse me. All those fools in the epicentre of the Morrissey Cult, imagining they are hip or part of some 'cutting edge' cultural response rather than a bunch of Pavlovian slaves mesmerised by the Cheese Monster Morrissey

For me it was an okay show.. for them.. they were excited to see him Live for the 1st time Together.
The Crowd was not into the new songs what’s so Ever & I’ve seen more energetic shows from him.
I really wished he would of put more of an effort for The Hollywood Bowl instead of his Videos of bitching & complaining. And Seriously.. did he come out last night? Seems like it..
Great to see him announce his Official Day in Los Angeles.. I just thought that the performance would be a little extra special. Hopefully he switches up the Setlist Soon.

xoxo
Mozluv

How old are your kids now?

I remember when they were little babies and you were in the old chatroom a lot.

View attachment 42752 View attachment 42753 View attachment 42754 View attachment 42755 View attachment 42757 View attachment 42758 View attachment 42759 View attachment 42760 View attachment 42761 View attachment 42762

I highlighted it several times but The Cult furiously uprated other threads to try and deny the facts that #Cheesegate2 is now a thing....

What is the difference between a ham sandwich and a cheese sandwich ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

With regard to animal suffering, there is no difference other than the fact that the meat cow probably suffers less than the dairy cow.

Here's the menus for this weekend's Hollywood Bowl shows with a plethora of animal cruelty options for 'woke' Morrissey fans:

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/sites/default/files/media/pdfs/backyard-official-morrissey.pdf

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/sites/default/files/media/pdfs/wine-bar-official-morrissey.pdf

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/sites/default/files/media/pdfs/siys-morrissey.pdf

I note with amusement the amount of seats still available for his supposedly 'sold-out' gig, at least 400 for sale on morning of gig.....& that's just Ticketmaster....so much for Los Angeles 'Morrissey Day'....LOL!

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0B005310E41B3FE5?brand=hollywoodbowl#efeat4212

edit: timestamp

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...issey-la-weekly.141091/page-4#post-1987039250

Since Google is obviously down for you at the moment...

It seems like this is something LA has been doing since 2011. A by no means complete list of people and things honoured with their own day since then:

It's a Wonderful Life
Bob Marley
Kobe Bryant
Oingo Boingo
Donovan
Stan Lee
La La Land
P-22 (a famous zoo lion, apparently)
X (the band)
Dwight Howard
Morrissey

How ridiculous that Adele wasn't hono(u)red given she sold out 8 nights at the Staples Cent(r)e(r) which even the most cognitively challenged Moz-Loon can calculate is a far bigger achievement. #DoThaMath

xoxo
Mozluv

Are you insinuating Morrissey is a closeted homosexual?

The tickets in the back section are total shite and almost never sell, even in the peak of Summer and if it was a Beyonce' show. Even the recent multi-show "sold out" Tom Petty weekend had similar seats and availabilities.
Crickey. You would have a better view on a periscope link on your smartphone.
You can find a lot of fault in Morrissey's bluster, but getting over 30 thousand bums sitting in late fall chilly seats at the Holly Bowl ain't one of them.

O...K....let's do a simple thought experiment..imagine Adele plays 2 nights at the Hollywood Bowl.....do you seriously imagine an 'almost never sell'? Or are you conceding that Adele is the real deal, The Voice who could sell out the Hollywood Bowl for as long as she could be arsed to sing there?

Another 'thought experiment'. Adele and Morrissey are available for a year long residency at a premier Vegas venue......who gets the coin? .....*smirks*....Morrissey is C List. Adele is A List.....but Morrissey imagines he's A List so contrives events like these gigs to try and crowdsurf the credibility but everyone knows he's not the real deal...sorry if that bursts your bubble, bro!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom