Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Where are the pictures of all the empty seats?

It's a large venue (17,500 capacity), i'd estimate it was 95% full last night. There were lots of seats available on re-sale sites suggesting 5% remained unsold for Friday and there's plenty available for tonight's show too which I'd estimate at currently 90% sold. The unsold seats were evenly spaced across the venue rather than entire blocks (which is where the Black Curtains will come in useful in the UK arena tour next year). So, that's around 35,000 sold over 2 nights. Hardly record-breaking compared to the likes of U2/Taylor Swift in LA, but a very respectable box-office for a C-List 'legacy' artist. It's revealing that even the award by 'Official Los Angeles' didn't mean 'Morrissey Day' was a completely sold-out show as 'casual' punters presumably were put-off by the 'legendary' pricing for tickets....

I hope this information is helpful to you.

best wishes
BB

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/266855/u2s-rose-bowl-show-breaks-attendance-record

It's a large venue (17,500 capacity), i'd estimate it was 95% full last night. There were lots of seats available on re-sale sites suggesting 5% remained unsold for Friday and there's plenty available for tonight's show too which I'd estimate at currently 90% sold. The unsold seats were evenly spaced across the venue rather than entire blocks (which is where the Black Curtains will come in useful in the UK arena tour next year). So, that's around 35,000 sold over 2 nights. Hardly record-breaking compared to the likes of U2/Taylor Swift in LA, but a very respectable box-office for a C-List 'legacy' artist. It's revealing that even the award by 'Official Los Angeles' didn't mean 'Morrissey Day' was a completely sold-out show as 'casual' punters presumably were put-off by the 'legendary' pricing for tickets....

best wishes
BB

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/266855/u2s-rose-bowl-show-breaks-attendance-record

Cheers, but there's no "information" there, only your estimate. And if you are estimating it as 95% full it must be far closer to 100%. Anyway, I hope you had a great Morrissey day.

there were still fairly long lines at security checkpoints during Billy Idol's set, so I only made it for the last 4 or 5 of his songs. He performed well and still looks quite youthful and in shape. Rebel Yell and White Wedding were especially well-received by the crowd.

Morrissey was in a playful mood the whole night and walked on stage in a sort of silly swagger and began with "On top of the world, ma!!" The band was wearing black berets and shirts with the text "Who will protect us from the police?" (not the Mporium shirt though), leading me to think maybe they would perform the song by that name from the new album, but they didn't.

I'm try to recall as many of the unique lyric changes/additions as I can, since to me they're one of the best parts of Morrissey shows. The set list may change infrequently, but each performance is unique. I loved this show.

During Glamorous Glue, he came to the right side of the stage to shake hands and sang clearly "everything of on earth / of worth / is there / to share" which is barely audible on the studio track.

I jumped a row of chairs during HSIN to get my first handshake, which made everything worth it, even with last week's cancellation. Maybe he was alluding to his Paso Robles cancellation at one point when he said "Republic of California, I hope I have lived up to my bad reputation!" No shirt was worn under either the first blazer or the silver sequined one, so no shirt toss although he took off the silver blazer. Hands were in his pockets a lot throughout the show.

Some added playful lines of "I'm waiting.. I'm waiting" toward the end of Jack the Ripper. Maybe waiting for someone to crash into his arms via stage invasion. Also responded with "you do? prove it!" when people said "I love you!"

A fair amount of ad libbing/lyric additions to the new songs. The closing of All the Young People Must Fall in Love was changed to "All the young people must... do whatever they like! Get depressed.. stay depressed..!"

The crowd could have been more lively, at least from where I was standing. Lots of older people and it didn't seem like the majority knew the new songs.

Stage invasions started with Suedehead. I can't remember how many got on stage, but it was around 4-5. One event security guard was holding a woman in the inner circle pit back for some reason--it didn't look like she was trying to get on stage--and Trinity yelled at and tried to fight him off her, somewhat successfully, after which Trinity made it up on stage and got a long hug from Morrissey while security backed off. A little girl also made it on stage and got a hug.

I don't really understand how the people in the inner pool circle got their tickets because I didn't see a circle like that when I bought mine. I though Circle B Row 2 would mean that I would be in the literal second row from the stage. There was a barrier and aisle between the first pool row and an inner pool circle that held 2 rows of chairs with about 30 people. The inner pool circle is guarded by security, but if you want a handshake, just wait until he goes to one of the far sides, make your way up there then, and go back to your seat. Just a heads-up for those going tomorrow night.

The Eccles venue in SLC has 10 front row seats, 2 of them are wheelchair. My buddy got 6 of them for last years Nov show, I got second row. When we arrived the whole front of the stage was full of people, like 20 people. When Moz came out he only shook the hands of those 20. It's like an inside clique.

I also had my front row experience stolen from me in Bakersfield May 25 2012. Stayed in the lobby waiting for Kristeen Young to stop howling (saw her too many times before) when we got to the pit (which had folding chairs) all the chairs had been pushed back and the crowd was all standing at the stage. The video intermission thing was playing, so loud. No security guard would acknowledge me, I screamed "but I have front row" someone else screamed "we all have front row"
We ended up about the equivalent of 5th row. I noticed that people were passing their "pit" tickets over the wall to their friends so that the friends could get into the pit.. Way over capacity.

I remember when it wasn't so.. :(

I'm still a fan, I'm going tonight, 31st show (first show was 1991 in Park City), I just don't play the front row game anymore.

there were still fairly long lines at security checkpoints during Billy Idol's set, so I only made it for the last 4 or 5 of his songs. He performed well and still looks quite youthful and in shape. Rebel Yell and White Wedding were especially well-received by the crowd.

Morrissey was in a playful mood the whole night and walked on stage in a sort of silly swagger and began with "On top of the world, ma!!" The band was wearing black berets and shirts with the text "Who will protect us from the police?" (not the Mporium shirt though), leading me to think maybe they would perform the song by that name from the new album, but they didn't.

I'm try to recall as many of the unique lyric changes/additions as I can, since to me they're one of the best parts of Morrissey shows. The set list may change infrequently, but each performance is unique. I loved this show.

During Glamorous Glue, he came to the right side of the stage to shake hands and sang clearly "everything of on earth / of worth / is there / to share" which is barely audible on the studio track.

I jumped a row of chairs during HSIN to get my first handshake, which made everything worth it, even with last week's cancellation. Maybe he was alluding to his Paso Robles cancellation at one point when he said "Republic of California, I hope I have lived up to my bad reputation!" No shirt was worn under either the first blazer or the silver sequined one, so no shirt toss although he took off the silver blazer. Hands were in his pockets a lot throughout the show.

Some added playful lines of "I'm waiting.. I'm waiting" toward the end of Jack the Ripper. Maybe waiting for someone to crash into his arms via stage invasion. Also responded with "you do? prove it!" when people said "I love you!"

A fair amount of ad libbing/lyric additions to the new songs. The closing of All the Young People Must Fall in Love was changed to "All the young people must... do whatever they like! Get depressed.. stay depressed..!"

The crowd could have been more lively, at least from where I was standing. Lots of older people and it didn't seem like the majority knew the new songs.

Stage invasions started with Suedehead. I can't remember how many got on stage, but it was around 4-5. One event security guard was holding a woman in the inner circle pit back for some reason--it didn't look like she was trying to get on stage--and Trinity yelled at and tried to fight him off her, somewhat successfully, after which Trinity made it up on stage and got a long hug from Morrissey while security backed off. A little girl also made it on stage and got a hug.

I don't really understand how the people in the inner pool circle got their tickets because I didn't see a circle like that when I bought mine. I though Circle B Row 2 would mean that I would be in the literal second row from the stage. There was a barrier and aisle between the first pool row and an inner pool circle that held 2 rows of chairs with about 30 people. The inner pool circle is guarded by security, but if you want a handshake, just wait until he goes to one of the far sides, make your way up there then, and go back to your seat. Just a heads-up for those going tomorrow night.

great post thanks !

"On top of the world, ma!!"

and he surely is ! :thumb:

Cheers, but there's no "information" there, only your estimate. And if you are estimating it as 95% full it must be far closer to 100%. Anyway, I hope you had a great Morrissey day.

No need to upset yourself!

Love the maths.....math....LOL!

I had a GREAT day thinking of all the 'woke' animal rights activists spending all that money to munch on smelly animal cheese....

Exactly the same setlist as the previous show
And on Morrissey Day, too!

I was a little sad that he wouldn't even shake it up for his "big" show of the tour. Hopefully he doesn't go back in for show #2 and do the same all over again.

best wishes
BB

Technically it was sold out though as all the tickets have been bought, (by a mixture of fans and re sale agents) however it wasn't 100% attended.

The set list was basically the same as SF. Although MIM and WPINOYB might have been reversed - don't quite remember though.
Reversing songs doesn't really count as a setlist change though. More like a slight rearranging.

I've enjoyed the atrociously filmed Periscope for most of the set. Even if whoever is filming it could probably shoosh a little more to the benefit of the songs. The sound was good at least.

Or is it "top of the world Marr"?

maybe ! :lbf: and to think Marr could have been right along beside him, but it's not to be. Oh the choices Johnny has made, may seem strange...

NOT Smiths Day, NOT Morrissey and Marr Day...

NOV 10TH.... MORRISSEY DAY !!!! :D

pretty amazing and wonderful that the state of California recognized his relevance and importance as an artist...a human being... A LIVING LEGEND !!!

:rock:

:thumb: for L.A.

though, what took them so long?

:cool:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom