Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Gustavo has always sung the final Spanish-language bit of 'World Peace' - he even does it on the record - on previous tours he's done this, just from behind the keyboards. Watch at the end, from about 4:46 on

Or has he started singing even more of the song? (which I would not be happy with - I pay to see Morrissey - not the Morrissey and Gustavo duet tour)

Jacky's:

Chain Gang:

EDILS:

STDIB:

Bit of Speedway:

Regards,
FWD.

there were still fairly long lines at security checkpoints during Billy Idol's set, so I only made it for the last 4 or 5 of his songs. He performed well and still looks quite youthful and in shape. Rebel Yell and White Wedding were especially well-received by the crowd.

Morrissey was in a playful mood the whole night and walked on stage in a sort of silly swagger and began with "On top of the world, ma!!" The band was wearing black berets and shirts with the text "Who will protect us from the police?" (not the Mporium shirt though), leading me to think maybe they would perform the song by that name from the new album, but they didn't.

I'm try to recall as many of the unique lyric changes/additions as I can, since to me they're one of the best parts of Morrissey shows. The set list may change infrequently, but each performance is unique. I loved this show.

During Glamorous Glue, he came to the right side of the stage to shake hands and sang clearly "everything of on earth / of worth / is there / to share" which is barely audible on the studio track.

I jumped a row of chairs during HSIN to get my first handshake, which made everything worth it, even with last week's cancellation. Maybe he was alluding to his Paso Robles cancellation at one point when he said "Republic of California, I hope I have lived up to my bad reputation!" No shirt was worn under either the first blazer or the silver sequined one, so no shirt toss although he took off the silver blazer. Hands were in his pockets a lot throughout the show.

Some added playful lines of "I'm waiting.. I'm waiting" toward the end of Jack the Ripper. Maybe waiting for someone to crash into his arms via stage invasion. Also responded with "you do? prove it!" when people said "I love you!"

A fair amount of ad libbing/lyric additions to the new songs. The closing of All the Young People Must Fall in Love was changed to "All the young people must... do whatever they like! Get depressed.. stay depressed..!"

The crowd could have been more lively, at least from where I was standing. Lots of older people and it didn't seem like the majority knew the new songs.

Stage invasions started with Suedehead. I can't remember how many got on stage, but it was around 4-5. One event security guard was holding a woman in the inner circle pit back for some reason--it didn't look like she was trying to get on stage--and Trinity yelled at and tried to fight him off her, somewhat successfully, after which Trinity made it up on stage and got a long hug from Morrissey while security backed off. A little girl also made it on stage and got a hug.

I don't really understand how the people in the inner pool circle got their tickets because I didn't see a circle like that when I bought mine. I though Circle B Row 2 would mean that I would be in the literal second row from the stage. There was a barrier and aisle between the first pool row and an inner pool circle that held 2 rows of chairs with about 30 people. The inner pool circle is guarded by security, but if you want a handshake, just wait until he goes to one of the far sides, make your way up there then, and go back to your seat. Just a heads-up for those going tomorrow night.

On stage entrance / You'll Be Gone:

Regards,
FWD.

I guess we should get the inevitable out of the way:
Yes, it did look like a meeting of the Frank Spencer Appreciation Society :)
menaswomenI.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see the Lawnmowers dressed like stupid prick's. Stevo's payback no doubt for all the terrible reviews so far.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Great day to be a binoculars salesman:

Thanks to Int'l:

Regards,
FWD.

On stage entrance / You'll Be Gone:

Regards,
FWD.

I guess we should get the inevitable out of the way:
Yes, it did look like a meeting of the Frank Spencer Appreciation Society :)
View attachment 42728

Catalans traditionally used berets. Basquets too. They are a typical hat of Mediterranean nations. My father had one, they were very common in Argentinian countryside too.

Nice to see the Lawnmowers dressed like stupid prick's. Stevo's payback no doubt for all the terrible reviews so far.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Don’t get why they agree to look like tits or why Boz always looks bored shitless or why Jessie pulls such hideous faces while playing relatively simple lead guitar parts. If they think they look cool, they are really are stupid pricks.

What did people think of the food choices?

Lots of Cheezy Treats on these menus to munch on whilst the 'Meat Is Murder' guilt-gimmick song drones on!

With regard to animal suffering, there is no difference other than the fact that the meat cow probably suffers less than the dairy cow.

Here's the menus for this weekend's Hollywood Bowl shows with a plethora of animal cruelty options for 'woke' Morrissey fans:

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/sites/default/files/media/pdfs/backyard-official-morrissey.pdf

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/sites/default/files/media/pdfs/wine-bar-official-morrissey.pdf

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/sites/default/files/media/pdfs/siys-morrissey.pdf

I note with amusement the amount of seats still available for his supposedly 'sold-out' gig, at least 400 for sale on morning of gig.....& that's just Ticketmaster....so much for Los Angeles 'Morrissey Day'....LOL!

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0B005310E41B3FE5?brand=hollywoodbowl#efeat4212

Maybe you should reread what I posted. I said in addition to finishing Speedway (not new), he is now fishing WPINOYB. I asked if Mando finishing WPINOYB is new on this tour b/c he did tonight. I think that is about as clear as I can be. I don't recall him doing that on the WPINOYB tour.
The bas player is singing now?

I don't really understand how the people in the inner pool circle got their tickets because I didn't see a circle like that when I bought mine.

Probably just folks on Morrissey's guestlist + a people with links to venue owners etc.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear the reports of merchandise being sold at the venue.

It's as if people have forgotten the true meaning of Morrissey Day.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear the reports of merchandise being sold at the venue.

It's as if people have forgotten the true meaning of Morrissey Day.
Merchandise he could have used himself the other day ;)

IMG_20171111_125639.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Where are all the pictures of empty seats? There must be some as Brummie said this tour would be a massive flop and never sell out. :)

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom