Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre (Nov. 12, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / *Show ends due to unforeseen circumstances*

Setlist courtesy of: SYL via FWD.

Last edited:
As a concert promoter this is an excellent example of why I would not consider booking morrissey, even though I had a chance to make an offer recently for the northeast. Too risky. If he walks off halfway in people will expect a refund but he will still expect to get paid in which case the promoter could be ruined in one evening.
I'm curious about this aspect of the business. Is there usually something in the contract that says if the artist plays for x amount of time then they are entitled to all or a large portion of the earnings? If they play for less than that amount of time then they are not? What's the difference in business terms when an artist cancels a show ahead of time... like the SLC and Denver shows?

Last edited:
The last performance in Ontario, California was a better set list and performance than any of the recent U.K shows by far! And who cares about Suede.....
what a wanky comment
You mention ONE gig out of a tour. LOL- which wasn't very good , It was tame M looked bored the audience was dull - a load of people I know who went said this and it was mentioned a few places you can see this when you watch the videos. Its an objective statement of fact to say M wasn't his best, he often seemed bored and the audience and M had no real connection
As for the set list, that's a purely subjective comment. They may have been better songs for you, but not for everyone
Oakland was great (I went) and SF looked even better. But none of them were fire like the UK
gigs. That's not one , not two but every gig on the tour, and the gigs he did in the UK before that also.He's mostly much better when he's with his own people. He pretty much has always been like this
Im not sure why you would doubt what Im saying, I mean he f***ing walked off at the LA gig, after a few songs . Get the message.
Im not saying he is never fire over here, he is at times. Im just saying % wise his gigs are better when he's home
And lots of people care about Suede, that's why they have a record label unlike M- they sell records
I think they sell more tickets than M as well, in the UK. So business wise they outshine M and sadly artistically they do as well. In the UK they are way more respected than M these days
I happen to love M, so I will always prefer him but I know thats my own thing. I am aware objectively Brett is now a much more impressive artist than M . He still makes an effort with record covers , he has been a much better live performer than M for the last 13 years- Brett at 55 gives a way more electric and engaging gig than M did at 55, or 50 or 45 or 40
He is also a better lyric writer than M now and to top it off, watch an interview with Brett, hes good-natured and intelligent , rather than bitter and warped. Even the covers he does are way better than M's crap Cali son offering. Listen to Brett do Death Song Book, It's a different league Lyric wise and performance wise Brett has been wiping the floor with M, for a while now, only a brainwashed fan would say otherwise.
Believe me, it saddens me to say what I just said , as M is still my bestest pop star

Last edited:
I'm curious about this aspect of the business. Is there usually something in the contract that says if the artist plays for x amount of time then they are entitled to all or a large portion of the earnings? If they play for less than that amount of time then they are not? What's the difference in business terms when an artist cancels a show ahead of time... like the SLC and Denver shows?
Yes, sometimes. Probably why Jesse etc carried on playing. To add more time.

I'm definitely thinking along the same lines as you. I believe that is a distinct possibility, sadly.

I wonder if we will ever know the truth because I doubt if that was the reason that the official statement on the matter would actually tell us that because it's likely many fans would not see it as a reason to stop a show.

It's so difficult and uncomfortable watching this all unfold when you have such a deep admiration and love for him.
Sorry, I am new to Morrissey and his touring travails. Doesn't he have a manager who communicates to the public in a timely and professional manner? Doesn't he have a manager controlling all the logistics so Morrissey can focus on being the artist? It seems like there is no one in control if he was having problems on stage before leaving early in L.A. Isn't there someone who checks the temperature, makes sure there is adequate heating. . .

Sorry, I am new to Morrissey and his touring travails. Doesn't he have a manager who communicates to the public in a timely and professional manner? Doesn't he have a manager controlling all the logistics so Morrissey can focus on being the artist? It seems like there is no one in control if he was having problems on stage before leaving early in L.A. Isn't there someone who checks the temperature, makes sure there is adequate heating. . .
Brilliant

Mind sharing how you were able to request a refund?
I called the axs customer service line and spoke with an agent. Say you want a refund for the Morrissey show because it was cancelled. The agent will probably express skepticism to a refund like mine did, but have them open a ticket to request the refund no matter what. She said it would be up to her supervisors if it happens. The very next morning I got a refund confirmation email and the money was in my account this morning. I called (888) 929-7849. Hope this helps.

I called the axs customer service line and spoke with an agent. Say you want a refund for the Morrissey show because it was cancelled. The agent will probably express skepticism to a refund like mine did, but have them open a ticket to request the refund no matter what. She said it would be up to her supervisors if it happens. The very next morning I got a refund confirmation email and the money was in my account this morning. I called (888) 929-7849. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information. Will reach out them tomorrow. (UPDATE: I contacted AXS and they put in the request for my refund)

Last edited:

Well, we can only speculate, and right now, and really for the past few years, that speculation leads us to answer no to all of the above. Either that, or the person/people have done such a terrible job that it's further compounded his worldview that if he wants things done right he will have to do them himself.

One of the issues could be that when you distrust those around you or have a relatively misanthropic view of humanity as a whole then it tends to goes hand in hand with you wanting to be in control of these things yourself. I can be that way, and it's because you have seen how many times other people cannot be relied upon to do their job properly. Maybe that's part of it. But who really knows.

I know he has professed a fear of flying and that's usually an issue about control. You become vulnerable and your life is suddenly in the hands of someone you've never spoken a single word to or even met before. I think it could possibly be an issue from what I have read.

Last edited:
Since Morrissey now has new dates scheduled in LA area, I'm curious What actually even happened with the LA Greek gig? After the gig The Greek website had it listed as "postponed" and indicating a rescheduled date to be determined. Is it now officially "completed/cancelled" and no longer "postponed? I no longer see any any information about it on their site, just shown as a past show. Did all tickets holders automatically get refunded, or did they have to request it?( I know some wanted a refund and saw postings by fans that that's what they'd done. )
I just want to know whether its officially no longer postponed and considered a done deal. Quite aware Moz camp likely won't address it, so wonder what anyone who had tickets... did they get any official notice from the venue and/or ticketmaster?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom