Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre (Nov. 12, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / *Show ends due to unforeseen circumstances*

Setlist courtesy of: SYL via FWD.

Last edited:
I would expect that any delay is down to sorting out who is financially responsible for the show being abandoned: Morrissey, the venue, the promoter. Someone is going to take a financial hit and have to pay for a rescheduled show (even if it's just via their insurance company, which means their premium is going to go up). In the case of an artist being ill this is quite straightforward, but there could be disagreements about who is responsible in this case.

Yes, I understand all of that, but that does not stop them apologising, explaining what was wrong and then asking for patience while the legal/contractual side you are taking about is figured out.

Hi, new here and new to being a big Morrissey fan. I'm here to express my sadness and disappointment of my first Morrissey experience the other night at the Greek in Los Angeles. I was totally looking forward to the night, since it was my first time at the Greek and seeing Morrissey after recently being a huge fan. My boyfriend turned him on to me four years ago and this was a gift to us since we haven't been to a concert since before the pandemic in 2019. It was a total shock to us when Morrissey just left the stage without an explanation. It must have been an important issue behind scenes for an artist to leave so abruptly. I really hope everything is ok with him and maybe one day we'll go see him again. But wow. A night to definitely remember.
I reckon get used to it. This wasn’t the first or last time he’s done this. It was not an “important issue” behind the scenes. It was the cold weather, nnnnnnnnit mate.

Totally obnoxious posts. Imagine the ignominy of having people who didn’t even go to the concert posting not once, but multiple times to complain about a concert they never even got up from their sofa for in the first place. Garbage pail kids behavior
Garbage Pail Kid reference… that was awesome
(owner of many series 1 unopened packs w cracked gum and all).

Or someone dead was beside him on stage.

tumblr_n4q4yld8kZ1s9816mo5_r1_500.gif
Well done! Lol

I'm sorry, who stops a packed show and just walks off... because they are cold?? Other than Morrissey who does stuff like this all time.

It's called putting on a sweater or a jacket and respecting your fans time, money, and support, you freaking obnoxious twit.

Hi, new here and new to being a big Morrissey fan. I'm here to express my sadness and disappointment of my first Morrissey experience the other night at the Greek in Los Angeles. I was totally looking forward to the night, since it was my first time at the Greek and seeing Morrissey after recently being a huge fan. My boyfriend turned him on to me four years ago and this was a gift to us since we haven't been to a concert since before the pandemic in 2019. It was a total shock to us when Morrissey just left the stage without an explanation. It must have been an important issue behind scenes for an artist to leave so abruptly. I really hope everything is ok with him and maybe one day we'll go see him again. But wow. A night to definitely remember.
So sorry for you, to say the least a disappointment. Sadly, it's not a one-off, we're used to that behaviour on here.

There were times when Morrissey and The Smiths only played 10-14 songs on a gig, so I still count this as a more or less normal show in my book. Maybe some spoiled Californians should lower their expectations. If you expect only 6 songs you will be pleasantly surprised when he sings 9.

This was a chance for Moz to do the right thing. He walked off and left his band clueless for an awkward few minutes as they waited helplessly on stage. That kind of treatment is unforgivable. They are his band and his behaviour was totally disrespectful. Plus he should have finished the concert. Put on a snood or scarf or something and man up. He makes more money from a week of touring than most people save in a lifetime and whether he likes it or not he owes his fans for their time, adoration, and money.
"Snood" and "man up" in the one sentence. Then again it is versatile, wear it around the neck or pull it over your hair as a fetching hood. Or he could have worn a balaclava and have done with it. His poor helpless band could have worn matching balaclavas with dual functions of dealing with the cold and hiding their embarrassment. O to have the foresight.

Looks like my refund for the Greek show was just approved via AXS. Not sure if anyone is trying to get their money back, but it seems like you're able to. Got the email notification this morning.

As a concert promoter this is an excellent example of why I would not consider booking morrissey, even though I had a chance to make an offer recently for the northeast. Too risky. If he walks off halfway in people will expect a refund but he will still expect to get paid in which case the promoter could be ruined in one evening.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom