Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre (Nov. 12, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / *Show ends due to unforeseen circumstances*

Setlist courtesy of: SYL via FWD.

Last edited:
Just when you think he can’t be more of a dick he does this….such disrespect for his fans. Tickets, travel, hotels. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to separate the dick of a man from his music.

It doesn't make sense, but I swear that in the above video of the concert, I saw steam coming out of his mouth, so maybe it was a strange cold spot in Los Angeles.
Actually, it was simply cold and you could see his breath in the cool air. I saw my own as I exhaled too. Apparently, the temp needs to be 45° F or cooler for that to happen (source Google). LA has micro-climates with all our hills and the Greek‘s location is no exception. Was it freezing? No, but it felt cold enough to me.

Edit: Found hourly temps for Griffith Park on that day. Definitely not in the 50s like people keep saying. Source timeanddate.com.

Attachments

• FF636C61-A93F-4ABB-862A-4CE1A635464C.jpeg
    FF636C61-A93F-4ABB-862A-4CE1A635464C.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Would be hilarious if the whole crowd walked out, leaving Moz and the band staring at an empty venue, after 5 songs...just desserts n all that :lbf:

I think we both know that ain't likely to happen. We are all too desperate for the man to satiate us until the next time we see him for another long-awaited get together of fleeting impermanence we label a gig. 😆

Greek debacle features in the Daily Mail. Comments section full of seething, nasty comments (mainly from peeps who don't know Moz at all), but if you sift through, there is some love from, what you might call, proper fans. He's not done himself any favours with this particular stunt.

Oh lord, I can imagine what it's like. Like he has stated, he knows his true fans will stick by him and those are all he truly needs. If I get a bit bored overnight I might hobble on over and read some of the intense vitriol that I imagine is being spouted over at the DM comments section right now. Fun, fun, fun.

Last edited:
It seems like a very strange arrangement, tho I do find it hard to believe Morrissey would not want control over everything posted on that site. There should have been a message from Morrissey posted there immediately, explaining this and apologizing. Other bands do it when they cancel in advance, not sure what the etiquette is for walking off the stage without a word.
At the very least IF he plays tonight he should start with an explanation/apology for the Greek Theatre. But that'll never happen. People are very willing to forgive and forget if an effort is made to meet them halfway.

At the very least IF he plays tonight he should start with an explanation/apology for the Greek Theatre. But that'll never happen. People are very willing to forgive and forget if an effort is made to meet them halfway.

That is EXACTLY what he should be doing which is why, as you say, it isn't likely to happen. The man loves his self-destruct missions and undertakes them with fervour.

I would love him to prove me wrong because those who were there deserve an explanation as do those who he knows will be concerned about him - his wider fanbase - e.g. us. I hope he at least says something.

Last edited:
I really think people just want some kind of acknowledgment from him and they want the refund issue sorted

Hi, new here and new to being a big Morrissey fan. I'm here to express my sadness and disappointment of my first Morrissey experience the other night at the Greek in Los Angeles. I was totally looking forward to the night, since it was my first time at the Greek and seeing Morrissey after recently being a huge fan. My boyfriend turned him on to me four years ago and this was a gift to us since we haven't been to a concert since before the pandemic in 2019. It was a total shock to us when Morrissey just left the stage without an explanation. It must have been an important issue behind scenes for an artist to leave so abruptly. I really hope everything is ok with him and maybe one day we'll go see him again. But wow. A night to definitely remember.

It's human nature to desire to fill in the blanks in a situation such as this. He has allowed this situation, in which everyone is speculating, to arise by not coming out immediately and telling us what the problem was and why the show had to be stopped.

There would be no need for speculation if he or even a member of the crew/band/Sam had told us. Because it's possible it was nothing much and he's okay, but it's also possible he's unwell and has been hospitalised, for instance. I doubt it, but you understand what I mean. Right now all these possibilities exist because of the lack of communication.
Smashing Pumpkins had to cancel last night, it's pretty simple to just do this

Screenshot 2022-11-14 6.35.29 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-14 6.36.52 PM.png

I saw some posts on Reddit from a stage crew member at this show. There were no heaters because Morrissey's rider did not request any, they are not automatically provided. As he walked off stage for the last time, he yelled "F--- this S---". Basically he threw a tantrum because it was cold. There was no medical emergency, no regard for his band or his audience.

Smashing Pumpkins had to cancel last night, it's pretty simple to just do this

View attachment 85882View attachment 85883

It absolutely is. That wouldn't have taken very long at all and it satisfies everyone in one fell swoop. I don't know why this is so difficult for him to fathom or for at least someone close to him.

There really isn't any excuse; they know what the issue was and they have at least 5 minutes to spare to write a post, so I don't understand the total ignorance from them. They are making the surrounding furore worse by staying completely silent on the matter. It's insanity. Now it's almost 2 days later and we still have zero concrete statements from official sources.

Well, they're in the right place...

Screenshot_20221114-234745.png

FWD.

I'm expecting a lecture by Ms. Dodwell "The cold California autumn and how it can affect beloved older artists like Morrissey healthwise" by the minute.
He's not even older. I remember when the Stones played Soldier Field in Chicago with temps in the 30's. He is just a weak, whining, soft touch.

It absolutely is. That wouldn't have taken very long at all and it satisfies everyone in one fell swoop. I don't know why this is so difficult for him to fathom or for at least someone close to him.

There really isn't any excuse; they know what the issue was and they have at least 5 minutes to spare to write a post, so I don't understand the total ignorance from them. They are making the surrounding furore worse by staying completely silent on the matter. It's insanity. Now it's almost 2 days later and we still have zero concrete statements from official sources.
Would we get the truth?

Would we get the truth?

Good question! I guess it depends on the genuine reason he bailed. If it's what people have said about the heaters not functioning then maybe, maybe not. If they link it to how the cold can affect his vocal cords and therefore possibly put the rest of the tour in jeopardy then maybe people would be sympathetic, but who knows?

But the fact that they haven't even attempted to put out a statement - truthful or otherwise - is the real issue here. There is just no communication at all from anyone on his team about any of it.

And it would've been nice if they could have posted hours ago that tonight's gig will go ahead so that those who are due to attend actually have solid evidence from the band/team/Moz himself rather than people on the periphery who might not be privy to half the antics and cock ups going on in the Moziverse right now.

But the fact that they haven't even attempted to put out a statement - truthful or otherwise - is the real issue here. There is just no communication at all from anyone on his team about any of it.
I would expect that any delay is down to sorting out who is financially responsible for the show being abandoned: Morrissey, the venue, the promoter. Someone is going to take a financial hit and have to pay for a rescheduled show (even if it's just via their insurance company, which means their premium is going to go up). In the case of an artist being ill this is quite straightforward, but there could be disagreements about who is responsible in this case.

I'd normally post these on the relevant gig thread, but as there's uncertainty..
The band are all in situ, people queuing and all is currently well...
FWD.

melissasuewong-15112022-0002.jpgmelissasuewong-15112022-0001.jpg
(📷 melissasuewong IG)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom