Question Looking for early version of YATQ songs

• Thread starter Deleted member 24049
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24049

Hey, how’s it going? I’m looking 2002 versions of FOTGTD, Mexico, and I Like You. I really prefer those versions over the YATQ recordings. Thanks!

Oh 2002

I remember when this came out, it was a different't world for me.
I used to come on here quite a lot at the time, it was polite and people were straight with their love.
This was before social media morphed into shitposting and people weren't so desperate to be "funny" all the time. Looking back, I have a fondness for that time- lots of us from the 90s were "getting it together"
When I heard this I was really happy, I really loved the early (much more Suede version ) of Crashing Bores . I personally haven't changed my mind about M one bit from this time. I saw him for what he was pretty early on, so have never been let down.
Its funny in 2020 we are in the same boat as 2002. 20 years later and everything changed and nothing changed
When quarry came out, he tried his best not to be so troublesome, when he said something bitchy about Coldplay and Robbie W, he tried to coach it in not so bitchy terms, in the case of coldplay I think he asked the interviewer, not to mention it He wanted to project a mature side
Around the time, quarry came out and he did those first USA. UK tv spots he still looked like himself.
Then something happened, the touring maybe meant he was drinking too much (Why Alain left) and visually, he really started to look like another person, in fact the most recent shots in Phoenix he looks more like himself than he has since this 2002.

Thank you for this.

Malmo is definitely the best boot from this period but I seem to recall a Paris show being really good too. L'Olympia or something like that.

Oh 2002

I remember when this came out, it was a different't world for me.
I used to come on here quite a lot at the time, it was polite and people were straight with their love.
This was before social media morphed into shitposting and people weren't so desperate to be "funny" all the time. Looking back, I have a fondness for that time- lots of us from the 90s were "getting it together"
When I heard this I was really happy, I really loved the early (much more Suede version ) of Crashing Bores . I personally haven't changed my mind about M one bit from this time. I saw him for what he was pretty early on, so have never been let down.
Its funny in 2020 we are in the same boat as 2002. 20 years later and everything changed and nothing changed
When quarry came out, he tried his best not to be so troublesome, when he said something bitchy about Coldplay and Robbie W, he tried to coach it in not so bitchy terms, in the case of coldplay I think he asked the interviewer, not to mention it He wanted to project a mature side
Around the time, quarry came out and he did those first USA. UK tv spots he still looked like himself.
Then something happened, the touring maybe meant he was drinking too much (Why Alain left) and visually, he really started to look like another person, in fact the most recent shots in Phoenix he looks more like himself than he has since this 2002.

Thank you for this.

You hit it right on the nose. I, too, frequented this site in those years. Absolutely agree about the new tone that (anti)social media has contributed to this site and maybe Morrissey as well...

Back
Top Bottom