Long Beach, CA - Tropicalia Fest (Nov. 3, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / November Spawned A Monster / Sunny / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by Famous when dead

Last edited:
Dear me. He has stripped naked and invited people to look at him, it's not as if he's just pushing a trolley around Tesco's, minding his own business. If, in stripping naked, people notice he's looking a bit porky, they are likely to say this. That's a normal response. What you're proposing, with the wonky ideology of 'fat shaming', is an abnormal response, where people are not allowed to say what is patently obvious. And flies in the face of the free speech he's so fond of.
It wasn't fat shaming when it was directed at John Lydon a few weeks back. Just sayin'.

I see too many people here trying to be funny and this makes them lose their dignity, by the way.
unfortunately it does indeed. the british, who i have always admired for their humour, had a very long tradition of decapitated court jesters. nowadays there is no longer any risk involved

Orange County Weekly:

TROPICALIA FEST UNITES LATIN HIPSTERS AND THEIR PARENTS.

Morissey_7-768x512.jpg

https://ocweekly.com/tropicalia-fest-unites-latin-hipsters-and-their-parents/

An account of both festival days with some Morrissey mentions.

L.A. Times:

Review: How Tropicália quickly became one of L.A.'s most inviting festivals.

la-1541459777-0x5ilrl1fh-snap-image.jpeg

Excerpt:

“Estoy en casa!” Morrissey cried to begin his headlining performance at this past weekend’s Tropicália Music & Taco Fest, and as far as I know he wasn’t speaking literally.

Yes, the British post-punk veteran has lived in Southern California on and off since the 1990s — long enough that last year the Los Angeles City Council designated Nov. 10 as Morrissey Day in L.A.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-tropicalia-festival-review-20181105-story.html?outputType=amp
(Google amp link used as L.A.Times currently blocks European readers).

0675acf28793a39037e4bc45df83c1c8.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Dear me. He has stripped naked and invited people to look at him, it's not as if he's just pushing a trolley around Tesco's, minding his own business. If, in stripping naked, people notice he's looking a bit porky, they are likely to say this. That's a normal response. What you're proposing, with the wonky ideology of 'fat shaming', is an abnormal response, where people are not allowed to say what is patently obvious. And flies in the face of the free speech he's so fond of.
Not all people. Just the ones that look too much into fashion magazines like yourself. I would think that Morrissey's fans are not sucked into the brainless fluff of pop culture, but I must be wrong.

Not all people. Just the ones that look too much into fashion magazines like yourself. I would think that Morrissey's fans are not sucked into the brainless fluff of pop culture, but I must be wrong.
:confused: That's good to know, next time I think I'm looking a bit fat. It's not fat at all, it's a delusion caused by all those fashion magazines I keep reading. Who knew they were so bad for your waistline? Thanks for sorting that one out.

There seemed to be some professional videographers at the gig (in the runway area below the stage). Has any of that footage seen the light of day?

No need because when he comes to the UK he'll probably play it.

Or if not, he'll say something 'offensive' again that you evangelical types will be screaming and gurning about - which will bring me equal joy.

Morrissey never disappoints.
Hmmmm. Still dreaming on and feeling them after-effects of the E's from them raving days . No surprise there. I guess you'll find an excuse to blame Jewish folk and multiculturalists for the Song Least Likely To being played live. Knowing that you'll predictably do so makes loads of us smile.
Do carry on living in hopelessness. It remains very much your style. :rock:

Hmmmm. Still dreaming on and feeling them after-effects of the E's from them raving days . No surprise there. I guess you'll find an excuse to blame Jewish folk and multiculturalists for the Song Least Likely To being played live. Knowing that you'll predictably do so makes loads of us smile.
Do carry on living in hopelessness. It remains very much your style. :rock:
Sign up to the site and we'll have a proper discussion about life, the universe and open borders, diversity and multiculturalism for Israel (and cold days in hell).

Until then you can keep trolling but I won't be listening.

WTF was Jesse doing during "Playboys"? Wow, that was HORRIBLE.

I've had to have it pointed out to me. But oh hell. He can't play. It's so obvious. Perhaps Morrissey has sympathy because people say he can't SING!

The trouble is for better or for worse he's stuck by Tobias. I can't see Tobias doing anything groundbreaking though. He doesn't seem to recognise the history or anything. He's just doing his own thing! He's in a world of his own. It's him and Morrissey against the WORLD! It's funny in a way. And Morrisseys going along with it! I suppose it's the feeling of being back to those early days again. But I hate to say it.... Marr had a certain amount of talent, I can't see that in Tobias.

The problem is Morrissey has taken it upon himself to sing like an angel. He knows his backers are lacking and he's filling in the gaps. I'd give my right arm to hear him sing Wonderful Woman again. I want him to be imperfect again. He has no license to do that anymore. There's no inventiveness in the music. He has to carry all the songs in his vocals whereas before he had license to play around a little bit. Let's face it, the band are competent at best. Middling to struggling at worse. Some truths have to be faced.

Why anyone would care about Man Yawnited is beyond me and I spent most of my life following them but now I wouldn't even piss on them if they were on fire cause of their awful political agenda.

Sure you did.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom