Long Beach, CA - Tropicalia Fest (Nov. 3, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / November Spawned A Monster / Sunny / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by Famous when dead

Last edited:
Great set lists at these recent gigs.

Would've been ever better if he'd played this beautiful song (hopefully he will when he tours the UK):

reel you know if he played that in Britain it would start up all the crap that's just died down,its actually a song I love.

New back drop for November Spawned a Monster. He should have covered "A thin Line between love and Hate".

reel you know if he played that in Britain it would start up all the crap that's just died down,its actually a song I love.
I don't quite understand. Why would one of his most heartfelt songs about alienation stir anything up? Because it mentions Bengali in the title?

'Asian Rut' from Kill Uncle is about an Asian boy who fights back against racists. Should that song be forgotten from his catalogue too because of the word Asian in it's title?

A song can be interpreted however you want it to be. Everyday is Like Sunday could be taken as a racist anti-Christian song that blasphemes the sabbath - if you're daft enough to think like that.

I don't quite understand. Why would one of his most heartfelt songs about alienation stir anything up? Because it mentions Bengali in the title?

'Asian Rut' from Kill Uncle is about an Asian boy who fights back against racists. Should that song be forgotten from his catalogue too because of the word Asian in it's title?

A song can be interpreted however you want it to be. Everyday is Like Sunday could be taken as a racist anti-Christian song that blasphemes the sabbath - if you're daft enough to think like that.
totally agree but unfortunately some people are daft enough to think like that.

Reckon lol mate inn nn nn n it! There is no fek way mate Every Day is Like Sunday is an anti-Christian song if you saw Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy at mass every Sunday at Our Lady of Malibu.

Well, yes, but I think once is quite enough. And somehow the accidental aspect makes it worse - like a case of builder's bum in reverse (if you know what I mean).

:rolleyes:

oh quit it ! you're not fooling anyone, we know you're loving it.

The songwriters in the current set-list (off top of head) are:
J Marr - 3 songs
A Whyte - 3 songs
J Tobias - 2 songs
S Street - 4 songs
M Boorer - 2 songs
K Armstrong - 1 song
C Hynde - 1 song

Top marks to Mr Street for his 'victory'. The quality of his stuff has really stood the test of time.

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / November Spawned A Monster / Sunny / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-A-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Thank god that we seem to be, at least temporarily, out of the woods as far as the pretty dire setlists of the past few years go. A couple interesting things to note, as it definitely doesn't take a setlist of Smiths songs and 'hits' to necessarily make a fun and varied show:

Of a 16-song set...

5 songs were b-sides (Hairdresser, Is It Really So Strange, If Don't Like Me, Munich, Jack the Ripper)
3 songs were non-album singles (William, Sunny, Back on the Chain Gang)

And less scientific, but you could argue that besides Playboys, November and Sunday...the rest were essentially deep-ish album cuts. "How Soon is Now?" was great as usual, but he could have easily closed with something more obscure from his own catalog and it still would've made a killer set.

In fairness, it has to be mentioned that despite being a 'career-spanning' set, he played very little post-Quarry material. This often makes for a better show (for some of us) but I think he could actually tossed in a newer track or two and it would've been fine. That said, I was very happy not to hear World Peace or Ganglord or any of the other dirge-like warhorses of the past few tours.

Blah blah...great show!

Found this using Google image search:

Stefania Sandrelli in Seduced and Abandoned. Germi. 1964.

https://chainedandperfumed.com/2009/09/25/the-decorative-sex-4/

44764_seduced1.jpg
There are two films with that title:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058564/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402179/

She is from the old 1964 one cause I reckon Moz would never put Alec Baldwin up as a backdrop cause that would take a pretty big wall to achieve that. His mouth alone would require a venue like the Dallas Cowboys one.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom