Long Beach, CA - Tropicalia Fest (Nov. 3, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / November Spawned A Monster / Sunny / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by Famous when dead

Last edited:
Catch it while you can - these tend to get deleted quite quickly.
Via Lyn's FB.

Playboys on the setlist tonight.
Regards,
FWD.

So far (festivals often have shorter setlists):
William...,
Alma Matters,
I Wish You Lonely,
Hairdresser On Fire,
Is It Really So Strange,
The Last of the Famous International Playboys,
November Spawned A Monster,
Sunny,
The Bullfighter Dies,
Dial-a-Cliché,
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me,
Munich Air Disaster 1958,
Back On The Chain Gang,
Jack The Ripper,
Every Day Is Like Sunday,
How Soon Is Now.

Nice! Only 1 song off of his last album (coming to his senses?)...

Morrissey needs to go and take a cure for his NPD, sack that f***ing dire bunch in his band and stop being such a massive whore to fame,the only positive thing on thar stage right now is his voice is clear. Or else get a f***ing runway out into the crowd, end with fireworks and construct elaborate sets to cover up how you sold your soul to being famous at any cost.
Come on. The Rolling Stones still deliver? Will YOU be able to do YOUR job at age 75?

Now, why the f**k wouldn't someone in his camp tell him NOT to take off his shirt anymore? Bunch of Yes men, that picture will be around long after he is gone. Pictures are forever, harsh truth of the camera eye, indeed. Sad, his career is going the way of Elvis. Instead of fried food and drugs, his vice is carbs and lots of them.

Munich... is a great song and all, but out of the hundreds available why does it stick around, I wonder? Bullfighter is not a big (non)fan favorite but the sentiment is obviously close to Morrissey so I can see why he continues to play it, but Munich...? What keeps that subject matter in the fore?
It's a good song and he's from Manchester. What more do you need?

Now, why the f**k wouldn't someone in his camp tell him NOT to take off his shirt anymore? Bunch of Yes men, that picture will be around long after he is gone. Pictures are forever, harsh truth of the camera eye, indeed. Sad, his career is going the way of Elvis. Instead of fried food and drugs, his vice is carbs and lots of them.

body shaming
NOUN
mass noun

Headlined by Morrissey and Cardi B Caps Off Successful Year One in Long Beach for Goldenvoice - Billboard.

Excerpt:

"In Long Beach, tacos form the tip of the city's nutritional chart, with locally famous "taco ladies" booked months in advance for parties and quinceaneras, while taco trucks fight for turf in neighborhoods like California Heights and the city's East Side. In a first for the city — and in honor of headliner Morrissey's strict vegetarian diet — the tacos of Tropicalia fest will go vegetarian after 5 pm on the same night that the former Smith's frontman headlines the first evening of the festival.

"When he plays a show anywhere, he requires the venue to go vegetarian during the times that he plays," says Paul Billings, svp at Goldenvoice who has helped develop the festival series at the site near the Queen Mary.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...calia-fest-morrissey-cardi-b-long-beach-music

Regards,
FWD.

Great set lists at these recent gigs.

Would've been ever better if he'd played this beautiful song (hopefully he will when he tours the UK):

Why not ask the D.J. to play it, when you're next at a For Britain fundraising disco. It'll be the only time you'll ever get to hear it - other than on your iPod on your bedsit stereo. :crazy:

Cardi B cancelled and Morrissey performed. What is the world coming to??!?

Yeah, it's a bit odd how quickly he dropped most of Low In High School off of the setlist, thankfully he's keeping the best songs from it though

The other shows with longer setlists had more LIHS songs, but nowhere near 8 which is how many he played when I saw him in 2017 (I believe he's been playing about 3). I guess he's played enough shows to know which LIHS songs get the better reactions. Why Morrissey's show became this thing where 70-80% of the show came from LIHS & WPINOYB is beyond me but I certainly hope the new format stays as it was a lot more fun for the audience.

I Wish You Lonely is an ass-kicker. When LIHS was first released this was the track I said would date the least (i.e. not at all).

Yeah, it's a bit odd how quickly he dropped most of Low In High School off of the setlist, thankfully he's keeping the best songs from it though

Well, I would kneel & kiss him all over the place & all over again..
Yep. And so would those beautiful young woman who went nose to nose with 2o stone bouncers in order to get on stage! Never seen such passion for a singer in my lifetime. Weep Soyboy losers, the Moz has it. Forever. Oh and I heard Hairdresser for the first time. No words. :thumb:

body shaming
NOUN
mass noun
Exactly..!
I can’t understand the need to spill out all this criticism about his physical form.. mind you it can also be considered as racism.
And of all places at a fan site. I find it offensive.
& why does it matter for god’s sake?!! The man is 59, & has produced such grateness & beauty that obviously meant & means so much for us all.. so why does this envies poison spurting has to take place here of all places. (?)
Personally, I love moz so much , i find him still beautiful. Differently beautiful from 30 20 or 10 years ago, but still beautiful present- & this beauty contains everything about moz - His looks, his lyrics, his voice , his uniqueness & much more!

It’s so low & unintelligent to focus on a how fat or old he looks..
I mostly read here & usually I don’t have the need to write anything.. also I’m an outsider here in many aspects + English is not my native language , but I love moz more then life so I found it right to interfere..

Exactly..!
I can’t understand the need to spill out all this criticism about his physical form.. mind you it can also be considered as racism.
And of all places at a fan site. I find it offensive.
& why does it matter for god’s sake?!! The man is 59, & has produced such grateness & beauty that obviously meant & means so much for us all.. so why does this envies poison spurting has to take place here of all places. (?)
Personally, I love moz so much , i find him still beautiful. Differently beautiful from 30 20 or 10 years ago, but still beautiful present- & this beauty contains everything about moz - His looks, his lyrics, his voice , his uniqueness & much more!

It’s so low & unintelligent to focus on a how fat or old he looks..
I mostly read here & usually I don’t have the need to write anything.. also I’m an outsider here in many aspects + English is not my native language , but I love moz more then life so I found it right to interfere..
How the f*** can criticizing Morrissey's waistline count as racism? Do explain that one.

I think his girth must be a glandular problem. He looks happier on this tour so that's good.

Mazzy Star performed on the same day as Moz. Their singer Hope Sandoval is the aunt of Nicole Presley, who is Mandos wife.

1102-Tropicalia-634.jpg

Crickey, With all the comments here you would think he was a corpulent 14 stone. He's a man knocking on 60's door that's obviously not too obsessed with pretending he's still 22 to be traveling with a digital scale.
Not to mention he is likely to be under some constant medications for the condition that almost killed him a while back.

Crickey, With all the comments here you would think he was a corpulent 14 stone. He's a man knocking on 60's door that's obviously not too obsessed with pretending he's still 22 to be traveling with a digital scale.
Not to mention he is likely to be under some constant medications for the condition that almost killed him a while back.
I'd say he must be hitting 80 kgs at least but I think facially he looks better than when slimmer. As you age its face or figure. He's fine just changed a bit as a lot of folk do as they age and nothing to be ashamed of.

Back
Top Bottom