London - Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show fight thread

If you dont like him then why dont you just F*#K off and preach your shit to people that care what your views are.

God, I hate it when people are so stupid/duplicitous they think/pretend you're criticising people, when you're criticising a structure. It happens all the time in IdPol.

They should f-k off out of everything.

If you dont like him then why dont you just F*#K off and preach your shit to people that care what your views are.
Is this an echo chamber? No. Is this a secluded section of the “dark web” where stupid comments go unchallenged? No. Is this an open space where those of us who or were Smiths/Mozheads discuss things and give different opinions regularly? Yes. Get over yourself, man. The head admin and creator of this site is a non-Caucasian himself. You’re most fluent in pretzelspeak. You display this in each and every syllable typed.

Genetically most of the "white english" you mention are not indigenous including Morrissey. For the most part we all came from somewhere else so what gives you the right to say it shouldn't keep evolving? Are you purely judging who should be here on skin colour or family history or what? What are you scared of? As a nation that has a history of invading most areas of the world and colonising it is hardly as surprise that people over the decades have migrated here and continue to migrate here. Which white people do you class to be indigenous?

If you think we are actually evolving then I pity you. If you think the London of 2020 is seriously better than the London of the 1950's or 60's then you're deluded.

Isn’t the point of this thread the gig that occurred over the weekend? Not you banging on about being “replaced”? Right now, the Coronavirus has been spreading about by holiday makers - not migrants.
Are you another of those sad types that fetishise and manifest “victimhood” to the point you draw a chalk outline around yourself daily? You yourself admitted to being descended from immigrants yourself, and gave an absolute master class in how to make yourself look a total ‘nana in the process. If those with your mindset had been around at the time, where would you be around now, if your forebears weren’t allowed into Britain?
Best not eat a potato, slurp tea or coffee eat a tomato in your salad, sip lemonade this summer, nor listen to guitar pop song on the radio. So much of what you see as British has origins beyond these shores. British is a mongrel nation. Were those of your mentality replaced, no-one would miss you, it must be said.

I was replying to someone else...not instigating a debate.

Genetically most of the "white english" you mention are not indigenous including Morrissey. For the most part we all came from somewhere else so what gives you the right to say it shouldn't keep evolving? Are you purely judging who should be here on skin colour or family history or what? What are you scared of? As a nation that has a history of invading most areas of the world and colonising it is hardly as surprise that people over the decades have migrated here and continue to migrate here. Which white people do you class to be indigenous?

We all came from other European countries. Mostly yes. European. Not Botswana.

If you think we are actually evolving then I pity you. If you think the London of 2020 is seriously better than the London of the 1950's or 60's then you're deluded.
If London so scares you to that degree, you really ought to move to Poland and see how long you last there. It’s safe to say that you’ll not have the stamina.
Not much of a Moz follower if you were self-isolating with tinnies on Saturday, are you? You say one thing, yet do the opposite. Is hypocrisy one of your “privileges”? It wouldn’t come as a surprise now.

If London so scares you to that degree, you really ought to move to Poland and see how long you last there. It’s safe to say that you’ll not have the stamina.
Not much of a Moz follower if you were self-isolating with tinnies on Saturday, are you? You say one thing, yet do the opposite. Is hypocrisy one of your “privileges”? It wouldn’t come as a surprise now.

Go away child.

Charming. I think everyone on here is entitled to an opinion or do you police that? There are obviously a very large proportion of Morrissey fans who do care about "this shit". He does seem to constantly support freedom to have an opinion or is that just his opinions.

God, I hate it when people are so stupid/duplicitous they think/pretend you're criticising people, when you're criticising a structure. It happens all the time in IdPol.

They should f-k off out of everything.

and what structure is that then?

In response to Mozmar, it certainly felt like Morrissey was raising the stakes. I was at the MEN in 2004 where he embraced the crowd and the seated were on their feet (that was my first ever arena sized gig—I generally prefer smaller venues).

Saturday was a divisive invitation from Morrissey to take sides, with a set list that left those around me looking confused and alienated.

The brilliance of the night, perhaps, is the way it allowed Morrissey to control a narrative: us versus them. I might even say that it felt like he wanted an esoteric collusion: he seemed intimate with those near the front, but he rarely looked beyond them. I, however, have a family these days, and I have limited energy to enjoy a test of loyalty—which is what it felt like he was doing.

I genuinely felt frustrated for those sat around me. For me, audience responses beyond the few hundred at the front help gauge how I judge a gig.

In a nutshell: That venue wasn’t right for that set list. Way too big (and ‘cold’) save for its enormous capacity to allow Morrissey to make a rather large point. That felt like the priority.

I think, that will be the last time I attend an arena size Morrissey gig.

I’m looking forward to the album, and I’m absolutely loving the song Knockabout World.

He picks too many mid-tempo numbers and ballads, that's the problem. Obviously doesn't or can't do a physically energized performance anymore, so he shies away from all his up-tempo numbers. Which does the set list no favours.

So why do you think the uk of the 1950s was so good? Same opinionated anti immigration views existed then on a big scale when post war Britain attracted many immigrants from India/Pakistan/Africa/Ireland. We welcomed most of them in do the job of rebuilding the UK after the war. But there were narrow minded people around with similar views to yours who made life very difficult for them including the likes of Morrissey's parents. I assume you are aware of the signs "No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs".

You didn't answer the question though about who you think are indigenous white English people?

Are you scared of being the only white man on the bus? What are you scared of?

Well Muslims first started coming to the UK in the 18th century long before a lot of other Europeans and Irish. Several British aristocrats converted to Islam in the early 19th century and many more Muslims settled here after the 1st world war after fighting in huge number for the UK. The numbers of Muslims here now equate to approx 4% of the UK population. Hardly a take over is it.

Is this just a competition as to who came first or is it purely about skin colour? What exactly are you scared about?

What do you have against Botswana?

I assume with your last name you have links maybe to Germany rather than being indigenous to this country. What makes you think that the UK should be ok with German or other European immigrants rather than people from Botswana. We had colonies all over the world so it could be argued that people from the African or Indian British colonies have more rights to be here than people from non historic British controlled countries such as other EU countries.

Well Muslims first started coming to the UK in the 18th century long before a lot of other Europeans and Irish. Several British aristocrats converted to Islam in the early 19th century and many more Muslims settled here after the 1st world war after fighting in huge number for the UK. The numbers of Muslims here now equate to approx 4% of the UK population. Hardly a take over is it.

Is this just a competition as to who came first or is it purely about skin colour? What exactly are you scared about?

What do you have against Botswana?

Plenty of Muslims also fought against the allies. That percentage goes up every year because they have large families (often inbred, due to marrying cousins).

I assume with your last name you have links maybe to Germany rather than being indigenous to this country. What makes you think that the UK should be ok with German or other European immigrants rather than people from Botswana. We had colonies all over the world so it could be argued that people from the African or Indian British colonies have more rights to be here than people from non historic British controlled countries such as other EU countries.

We have no colonies anymore. They all sought Independence......so why do they want to come here other than for economic reasons? Because they love watching repeats of Steptoe and Son?

Plenty of Muslims also fought against the allies. That percentage goes up every year because they have large families (often inbred, due to marrying cousins).

If you are interested in families that have a history of marrying cousins who should look at the Royal Family tree.

Large numbers of these families settled in the UK after fighting for the UK against enemies such as Germany.

The percentage isn't really rising to any large degree.

How do you feel scientifically those numbers are increasing because they are inbreeding? How does that increase the numbers any more than if they married non cousins? I know many Muslims and I don't know any that married their cousins but it isn't illegal and not sure how your point is relevant to the discussion. Take a look at the Queen's family and how they interconnect.

Again, so you still havent answered the question. At which point would you say everyone in the UK was indigenous? Most of our culture, food wise, music wise, design, fashion have roots not from this country. What is UK identity? No one has been able to ever answer that on your side of the argument.

We have no colonies anymore. They all sought Independence......so why do they want to come here other than for economic reasons? Because they love watching repeats of Steptoe and Son?

For the most part they have been here since the 19th century. What is wrong with people coming for economic reasons? We went all over the world invading for economic reasons but you think it is wrong for anyone else to come here for that reason? They come to make better lives for themselves just as immigrants from europe did, same as the Irish did.

What are you scared about?

Why did your ancestors come here?

For the most part they have been here since the 19th century. What is wrong with people coming for economic reasons? We went all over the world invading for economic reasons but you think it is wrong for anyone else to come here for that reason? They come to make better lives for themselves just as immigrants from europe did, same as the Irish did.

What are you scared about?

Why did your ancestors come here?

I only have one ancestor that came here from Germany via Holland. He was a baker in Amsterdam. I don't know why he came here....you'd have to ask him.

Back
Top Bottom