London - The SSE Arena Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
For his management and his record company it is a disaster. That is why they are leaving him behind after this release. You can make up whatever you wish but a couple of poor arenas when he used to be able to sell out a huge arena tour in minutes isn't any sign of an showbiz up and down. It is a business catastrophe and without a record company he will find himself at a loss for how to continue. He is classed in the business as a toxic risk. Prime example of self destruction.

He's not destroyed. Or a risk. You can keep hoping... but he'll keep going.

I know what theatres are saying. I've written some of it.

Why would you ever have been a Morrissey fan if you need fluffy notices from singers? It was never his thing.

ffs. You are unreal. Fluffy notes. Society just needs people to start taking this seriously and to consider the spread of this virus and look at what is happening in Italy which we have yet to reach that same peak but will and stop thinking about profit. Did you miss the lyric "it takes strength to be gentle and kind". Fluffy lyrics. Why would any Morrissey fan want fluffy lyrics!

Bollocks. If it had sold out, Wembley wouldn't send out emails every couple of days reminding you its your last chance to buy tickets.

We were talking about heavy promotion. That's not heavy promotion. That's basic reminders to people on a database.

He's not destroyed. Or a risk. You can keep hoping... but he'll keep going.

I don't care to be honest but without the financial backing of a record company or deal he wouldnt be able to continue. He's not a risk! Really. 2 poorly attended arena gigs is his UK tour. Constantly in and out of the press not for very positive reasons when record companies look at it. Constantly in and out of legal battles. Frequent cancelations. Not a risk at all. I'd pump money into that. Lol

We were talking about heavy promotion. That's not heavy promotion. That's basic reminders to people on a database.

I have been getting emails from TM, gigsandtours, AXS for weeks with Morrissey included in their newsletters. That happens when gigs are not selling. It is irrelevant whether you call them reminders of whatever. They have been pushing this gig for weeks with emails. It didn't work. This was never needed a few years ago.

It was my first Morrissey show, and it was an amazing experience. Voice was in top form, some great song choices (loved Satan Rejected My Soul). Went with some family who were confused by some of the covers or lack of Smiths songs but I’m sure for Morrissey fans this was a very good show and I’m hoping to see many more.

Does anyone know the name of the female Latin artist on the screen that was singing before Morrissey came on? Much appreciated.

ffs. You are unreal. Fluffy notes. Society just needs people to start taking this seriously and to consider the spread of this virus and look at what is happening in Italy which we have yet to reach that same peak but will and stop thinking about profit. Did you miss the lyric "it takes strength to be gentle and kind". Fluffy lyrics. Why would any Morrissey fan want fluffy lyrics!

Did you miss the rest of the song? The soil falling over his head? The knife that wants to slit him? That's a harsh, grim song.

Economic survival isn't profit. I don't know what you live on, but a lot of us have bills to pay. And it's never happened before so it's taking time to plan for.

I'm not getting "Basic reminders" about plenty of other gigs that have sold better than disastrously : I'm not getting emails about Pet Shop Boys, or New Order, etc., because they've [presumably] sold more than 40% of the available tickets, and months in advance.

Did you miss the rest of the song? The soil falling over his head? The knife that wants to slit him? That's a harsh, grim song.

Economic survival isn't profit. I don't know what you live on, but a lot of us have bills to pay. And it's never happened before so it's taking time to plan for.

I don't think Morrissey has to worry about paying his bills somehow. And I would never put people at a health risk to make money no matter how poor I was. Bands all around the world have been cancelling because it is the right thing to do. But I suspect no matter what that man does or says you are likely to back him.

With every good wish

#BrummieBoy

Good to hear from you BB. Hope all is well in the Shire.
Nothing has changed around here much, apart from we lost some great contributors and gained some absolute blinkered cult 4ckwits at the same time, however things still remain on track with the British public delivering a very strong message to Steve and the Lawnmowers on this latest two date UK tour.
Had a great time in Leeds last weekend seeing it all fall apart at first hand.
Pass on my best to Sharon as well.

Benny :thumb:

??:knife:

I'm not getting "Basic reminders" about plenty of other gigs that have sold better than disastrously : I'm not getting emails about Pet Shop Boys, or New Order, etc., because they've [presumably] sold more than 40% of the available tickets, and months in advance.

Again that's not heavy promotion.

I know what theatres are saying. I've written some of it.

Why would you ever have been a Morrissey fan if you need fluffy notices from singers? It was never his thing.

I‘d keep this info to yourself Karen if I was you :thumb:
Simply because I wouldn’t take anything serious written by you :LOL:

MWA XX

??:knife:

I don't care to be honest but without the financial backing of a record company or deal he wouldnt be able to continue. He's not a risk! Really. 2 poorly attended arena gigs is his UK tour. Constantly in and out of the press not for very positive reasons when record companies look at it. Constantly in and out of legal battles. Frequent cancelations. Not a risk at all. I'd pump money into that. Lol

You care enough to be on here.

He can get an audience & good reviews under the worst circumstances. He'll get another deal if he wants it.

I don't think Morrissey has to worry about paying his bills somehow. And I would never put people at a health risk to make money no matter how poor I was. Bands all around the world have been cancelling because it is the right thing to do. But I suspect no matter what that man does or says you are likely to back him.

People work at the arena, people work on his tour.

With all these lovable bands in the world, why are you wasting time on Moz? And have you tried contacting the WHO to see if they can stop his evil disease spreading ways?

I understand that even with corona virus being a health issue in England (and the whole world for that matter!) it still wasn’t enough to keep fans from biting each other (in order to obtain morrisseys shirt that was tossed in the audience)

Meat is murder and don’t you forget it!!!

I have been getting emails from TM, gigsandtours, AXS for weeks with Morrissey included in their newsletters. That happens when gigs are not selling. It is irrelevant whether you call them reminders of whatever. They have been pushing this gig for weeks with emails. It didn't work. This was never needed a few years ago.

You can take it as a sign of bad sales, but it's not heavy promotion. He had next to no promotion & he still got an audience.

Back
Top Bottom