London - The Palladium (Oct. 9, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / (Auld Lang Syne intro) Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of 'Buddy TC'

Last edited:
Europe 2023 lads!

How To Fitness GIF by 100 Days of Discipline

I had a delightful gent behind me. After Sure enough, Rebels and the Loop he shouted “play something we know you c***”.

Lovely.
This proves my point exactly about grass root gigs like Blackpool/Stockton/Doncaster….. the tour has been such a great success because it’s been tailored for fans. London is just a sure money maker.

he’s done it to me and others several times for the last 10 years: i’ve seen him butting in front and basically handcuffing himself to someone else’s spot. it’s quite a turn off to see! also very embarrassing for him. oh well!!
He must spend some serious money on going to all the gigs.

Does Moz wear contact lenses on stage or is everything a bit of a blur for him? Sometimes his piercing gaze can pick you out even 7 or 8 rows back and I'm wondering what could he see at that distance. Daft question that just occurred to me now.

Does Moz wear contact lenses on stage or is everything a bit of a blur for him? Sometimes his piercing gaze can pick you out even 7 or 8 rows back and I'm wondering what could he see at that distance. Daft question that just occurred to me now.
He never used to . Not sure now

Yes, a friend of mine, was friends with some of these "hardcore" followers.
Some are from very wealthy families, some get themselves 10k in debt, per tour.
M feels sorry for some and gives a pass. I can't imagine spending 10 k to follow a pop star.
Is the, ummmm, “well built” goth American girl part of this crew?

This proves my point exactly about grass root gigs like Blackpool/Stockton/Doncaster….. the tour has been such a great success because it’s been tailored for fans. London is just a sure money maker.
Don't agree with this at all, I've been to Morrissey gigs in the North and heard the same comments from small numbers in the crowd.
Some of my favourite Morrissey gigs have been in London due to the venue and fans

Last night was excellent, best I've seen him for many years, I think having Alain back in the fold has made a difference as well.

Setlist wise...I'm not all that bothered that there is very little change between shows, lots of bands/acts do this, it's a cracking setlist he is doing with a great mix of the old and the new.

The Palladium was an excellent venue, the seats downstairs were not ideal but I knew that when I booked and fancied the Palladium over Brixton.

he’s done it to me and others several times for the last 10 years: i’ve seen him butting in front and basically handcuffing himself to someone else’s spot. it’s quite a turn off to see! also very embarrassing for him. oh well!!
Yes, a friend of mine, was friends with some of these "hardcore" followers.
Some are from very wealthy families, some get themselves 10k in debt, per tour.
M feels sorry for some and gives a pass. I can't imagine spending 10 k to follow a pop star.
Thanks for the reply. I wonder if some off them post on here ? It is interesting to see the length’s people will go to.

Don't agree with this at all, I've been to Morrissey gigs in the North and heard the same comments from small numbers in the crowd.
Some of my favourite Morrissey gigs have been in London due to the venue and fans

Last night was excellent, best I've seen him for many years, I think having Alain back in the fold has made a difference as well.

Setlist wise...I'm not all that bothered that there is very little change between shows, lots of bands/acts do this, it's a cracking setlist he is doing with a great mix of the old and the new.

The Palladium was an excellent venue, the seats downstairs were not ideal but I knew that when I booked and fancied the Palladium over Brixton.
Well you’re obviously entitled to your opinion and fair play for speaking it 👏

I too have been to many gigs, (since 1984 in fact 👴🏻⚰️) and those London gigs have never done it for me personally but then again, up to a certain point, neither Manchester ones as the pews started to fill up with How Soon Is Nowers and then buggered off to the bar.

Update - thinking back, ‘95 Drury Lane Theatre was a corker!

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if some off them post on here ? It is interesting to see the length’s people will go to.
I do not know. I don't know any of them. Im 57, I was told must of them are in their 30s.
It seems some people just need to be apart of something. A part of me thinks, good f***ing look to em seeing king move over and over. Great stuff. They also see the world. Its fun, I expect.
But another part of me thinks its sad as f***,
My friend said some treat M like a god, their idea of him has so far removed from the human it's a joke. It's like they buy into the myth

Well you’re obviously entitled to your opinion and fair play for speaking it 👏

I too have been to many gigs, (since 1984 in fact 👴🏻⚰️) and those London gigs have never done it for me personally but then again, up to a certain point, neither Manchester ones as the pews started to fill up with How Soon Is Nowers and then buggered off to the bar.
Similar to yourself really, first gig at Edinburgh Playhouse as a mere 14 year old (that makes me feel old).

Over the years the best ones have been the ones you least expect such as Truro in 2006 and Leicester in 91
I've had mixed experiences in London, Forum back in the late 90s was forgettable but Aly Pally and Palladium were both excellent.

Someone had the privilege of being first-hugged:

That’s the silliest stage invasion with both the fans and security I’ve ever seen. Just a very awkward space to deal with, almost comical interaction.

I do not know. I don't know any of them. Im 57, I was told must of them are in their 30s.
It seems some people just need to be apart of something. A part of me thinks, good f***ing look to em seeing king move over and over. Great stuff. They also see the world. Its fun, I expect.
But another part of me thinks its sad as f***,
My friend said some treat M like a god, their idea of him has so far removed from the human it's a joke. It's like they buy into the myth
I am in my fifties as well and it wouldn’t be for me. Just as well as I would lose my job and home!! Each to there own but in my humble opinion it is somewhat over the top. I listen to him everyday and am happy with that.

Bob Dylan’s there next week, a ‘phone less’ show, not sure what M fans would make of that…
"I said before, when people are filming we ain't gonna play" ...
:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

"I said before, when people are filming we ain't gonna play" ...
:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Very nice performance & good on Bob for being so strict about such things.

The last time I saw him was in 2015 at The Royal Albert Hall. There were signs everywhere saying that no photography/filming/recording was allowed, at the request of the artist. My friend & I took our seats way before the concert started. At one point I took my phone out of my pocket to quickly check the time & an usher immediately told me to put it away. Once Dylan came on stage , anybody daring to take out their phone had a torch shone on them & the very real threat of being removed from the venue. The security were like hawks.

Must say, it was one of the best concerts I’ve seen in many years (& my favourite time seeing Dylan) as everybody was so focussed on his performance; it really brightened my enjoyment of the event.

I do love to take pics & videos but I also try to keep it to a minimum. Personally, I would be in favour of blanket-bans on phones at gigs; live in the moment & enjoy it. The video - no matter how good the quality - will only ever be a pale imitation memory of the half-memory of being there as you were too busy distracting yourself by watching it through a screen.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom