London - O2 Arena (Nov. 29, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Smiler With Knife / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by @mswro2012 / Twitter, link posted by Hand in Hand-Shoe.

Last edited:
As for Morrissey's performance last night, all of the effusive fan reports are making me very sorry I missed this one.

You obviously don't realise that all the people who were there and posting effusively are WRONG. If you want an authentic, objective insight you need look no further than So_Low's lone voice of reason - the towering intellect of Johnny Barleycorn. ;)

"Morrissey review – great voice, shame about the lyrics"

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/nov/30/morrissey-review-great-voice-shame-about-lyrics

"2014 has witnessed a considerable revival in Morrissey’s musical fortunes....this year’s World Peace Is None of Your Business boasted flashes of the style and sparkle that had been fast becoming a distant memory...Yet this tour to promote it has hardly been a triumph...."

"As social protests go, it could hardly be more witless."

"a constant stream of such tiresomely petty controversies have made him a badly reduced figure"

"depressingly asinine."

"entertainingly childish."

"you can’t help but wince at the clumsiness"

"how such a sporadically exquisite lyricist can also be so prone to stating the bleedin’ obvious"

Last edited:
Morrissey, The O2 Arena, review: 'delightfully miserable'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...e-O2-Arena-review-delightfully-miserable.html

"“Remember me but forget my fate”, he implored during his only UK performance of the year, referring to his recent treatment for cancer. It’s a particularly hard sell considering he’s made a living out of fetishising death, both with The Smiths and as a solo artist."

"World Peace…’s title track aims for revolution with the line “each time you vote you support the process”, but instead stops short of Russell Brand’s political declarations. "

Why isn't anyone talking about all of the BRS and Morrisseysworld signs?

Open your eyes?!

Because you aren't the only fan. There are lots more and they came to see the show not YOU. Funny how if anyone says anything against your views they are "trolling" your pages yet you like to go to Morrissey Solo and be a troll. All of your crap is complete lies to gain attention. You totally acted like an ass towards the person who initially mentioned blue roses and your behavior from there on in was ridiculous. Why would anyone want to listen to you? You're a fraud. You'd kill the essence and spirit of others just to gain something for your own sake.It's sad because you lose that in the process. I'll bet the person you tread all over would have more success with making friends but that is magic you don't possess. you have to hurt others because you are so desperate for attention. Your every action makes you look stupider .Phony twat.

"Former Smiths frontman Morrissey launches latest establishment attack during performance"

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/...nches-latest/story-24918498-detail/story.html

"Playing in the capital for the first time in two years and following reports he had been treated for cancer, Morrissey delved into his stockpile of hate figures as he hit out at the Royal family, the government, the meat industry and his record label."

Brummie, every body needs an anus to spew the shit and you're really good at being the anus of solo, but today you have diarrhea so please go take a pill and stop posting links to shit reviews only.

The show was a phenomenal success on so many counts.

Smiler With Knife was one of the most enjoyable live performances I have seen from anyone, ever. Morrissey's vocal delivery throughout the entire show was some of the best I've heard from him over the years.

Not sure where reports come from of a dwindling crowd, poor ticket sales or disappointed punters.

The arena was packed to the roof and the scene outside in the after party and on the crammed train home was celebratory and raucous.

The triple punch ending of Speedway, Asleep and Everyday Is Like Sunday was outstanding and had the entire arena on their feet.

I would have paid double for the privilege of seeing this gig.

Brummie, every body needs an anus to spew the shit and you're really good at being the anus of solo, but today you have diarrhea so please go take a pill and stop posting links to shit reviews only.

Please feel free to link to positive reviews which support/endorse your Cult Propaganda Agenda as & when you find them, CG.

You *might* find that a more appropriate activity than epicFAIL attempts to *shoot the messenger*! LOLz!!!!!

"BrummieBoy" has not commented on the show....yet....

best wishes

Sharon
"The Secretary"

*rollseyes*

Last edited:

It takes balls to sing his most naked and exposed song in a room with several thousand potentially heckling people. Stunning. And homey can hit a f***ing note without aid of music like a vocal chord savant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I arrived back home at 3am this morning, positively hyped with adrenalin. Morrissey was at his absolute best last night - time shows no evidence of eroding his genius. If I were to have one complaint, and I fear I'm in a minority here, it was Anna Calvi on support. I thought she was poor. It smacked of a girl hiding behind a sea of distortion and feedback to mask the fact that she isn't actually very good at playing the guitar...

I think I can see why Morrissey chose her as support act (she does deliver very good earnest vocals, "she sings from the heart" (which must be hurt/heard)), but indeed her playing is a bit "clumsy" and she perhaps chose songs that more or less felt similar in chord progressions and rhythm. The good old days of having Sack support him are truly gone, and I would have settled for more videos of Charles Aznavour instead ;-)

I just got back home.
A hugely enjoyable gig, great to see Moz on stage again after two and a half years.
Relieved to see the evening pass without incident, no heckling, no drama.
The undisputed highlight was Asleep, worth the admission price just to experience this moment itself.
"Remember me but forget my fate" could have some meaning this time around, although we have been there so many times before...
Needless to say, I sincerely hope this is not the case.

Here are some of my better photos...

zjjf37.jpg

33udhk5.jpg

2u74yv4.jpg

15ga0d1.jpg

28ktr12.jpg

2r5rihs.jpg

2r7va0x.jpg

PS: Quarry night was fantastic too, a big thank you to the organisers.

Last edited:
Please feel free to link to positive reviews which support/endorse your Cult Propaganda Agenda as & when you find them, CG.

You *might* find that a more appropriate activity than epicFAIL attempts to *shoot the messenger*! LOLz!!!!!

"BrummieBoy" has not commented on the show....yet....

best wishes

Sharon
"The Secretary"

*rollseyes*

And here is a review from a Music mag bizarrely the one he fell out with. Note the picture of a arena packed out with fans of his music

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/81432

candidly, i say he will be touring next year to pay his bills. the fact that he attacks his record label in such a vicious manner after selling a paltry number of albums( 25 000 total worldwide) suggests that he will have to go the kickstarter route in the future. that way his cult fans will be only ones to have his cds and negative commentary will be minimized or made to standstill.
frankly i think that writing novels will be of little use financially as the publishing industry is an a worse state economically that even the recording one.

THE VIEW FROM THE *CHEAP* SEATS....*rollseyes*

The two images that punch me in the face and remind me he's out of my league. :(

Estimated Costs of an "Anti-Establishment Evening With Morrissey at The o2 Corporate Arena" on Saturday 29th November 2014:

Ticket prices: £46.50 - £79.50.
Booking/convenience fees £5-£8 (est)
Public Transport/Car Parking: est £6 (est) - £21.00
Anti-Establishment "Meat Is Murder" Stencil: £7.50 (est)
2 Corporate Branded Drinks: £9
1 "Animal Rights Friendly Meal with Untraceable Cheese": £8

Estimate minimum/maximum per adult customer/consumer: £82- £133

Anti-Establishment "Morrissey Inc" joins Transatlantic Black Friday/Cyber-Monday Marketing Propaganda Machine" to sell excess/remaindered concert merchandise from o2 Arena show:

"28% Sale This Weekend Only"

http://uk.mporium.org/

"The Official Store Of The Real And Proper Poet Laureate" :lbf:

Ltd Edition World Peace Tour Poster £10.00 [reduced to £7.20] ✓ In stock Add to wishlist

Here's another "clueless consumers" sucker-punch image which shows the wonderful Value For Money view from the cheap seats (circa £50 inc P&P etc) :

View attachment 33455

best wishes
BB

ps: Found any good reviews in the mainstream press/consensual reality zone yet, CG? Beyond the Twitter 'clueless consumers', that is...*smirks* Then why not link to them so DavidT can highlight them? *rollseyes*

Does anybody else find it odd that when Morrissey has a highly successful evening, all the people who claim he is finished, Brummie Boy, Benny The Butcher and Johnny Barleycorn, spend an incredible amount of time posting complete lies or spend time digging around on the internet to desperately try an find something to knock him with?

Anyways, looks like 20 thousand people disagree with the 3 losers.

And here is a review from a Music mag bizarrely the one he fell out with. Note the picture of a arena packed out with fans of his music

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/81432

The NME article notes the same themes as the articles I previously linked to.

"Morrissey hits out at the Royal Family and former record label during London gig. Singer also criticised meat eaters at O2 Arena gig
Morrissey made a speech about his new album ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business’, "which was immediately deleted by a very clever record label". When the crowd booed, he urged them to "let them know".

I estimate the Arena was 85-90% full. There were blocks of seats available on the o2 site before the show in all prices ranges except the 'cult' floor/standing area. There were also hundreds of tickets available on re-seller sites like Viagogo for as little as £21. This doesn't happen when a gig is sold out.

The Dublin Corporate '3' Arena Show has also not Sold Out. Tickets are available now for those who enjoyed last night so much they want to repeat the Saturday Night In London Docklands experience with Monday Night in Dublin Port. From Canary Wharf to Canary Dwarf, the corporate rock whore-dom "Bread & Circuses" show of *anti-Establishment* Morrissey Inc rolls on....

best wishes
BB

Re: THE VIEW FROM THE *CHEAP* SEATS....*rollseyes*

Estimated Costs of an "Anti-Establishment Evening With Morrissey at The o2 Corporate Arena" on Saturday 29th November 2014:

Ticket prices: £46.50 - £79.50.
Booking/convenience fees £5-£8 (est)
Public Transport/Car Parking: est £6 (est) - £21.00
Anti-Establishment "Meat Is Murder" Stencil: £7.50 (est)
2 Corporate Branded Drinks: £9
1 "Animal Rights Friendly Meal with Untraceable Cheese": £8

Estimate minimum/maximum per adult customer/consumer: £82- £133

Anti-Establishment "Morrissey Inc" joins Transatlantic Black Friday/Cyber-Monday Marketing Propaganda Machine" to sell excess/remaindered concert merchandise from o2 Arena show:

"28% Sale This Weekend Only"

http://uk.mporium.org/

"The Official Store Of The Real And Proper Poet Laureate" :lbf:

Ltd Edition World Peace Tour Poster £10.00 [reduced to £7.20] ✓ In stock Add to wishlist

Here's another "clueless consumers" sucker-punch image which shows the wonderful Value For Money view from the cheap seats (circa £50 inc P&P etc) :

View attachment 33455

best wishes
BB

ps: Found any good reviews in the mainstream press/consensual reality zone yet, CG? Beyond the Twitter 'clueless consumers', that is...*smirks* Then why not link to them so DavidT can highlight them? *rollseyes*

the London tour merch is being remaindered at a discount less that 12 hours after the concert?

Does anybody else find it odd that when Morrissey has a highly successful evening, all the people who claim he is finished, Brummie Boy, Benny The Butcher and Johnny Barleycorn, spend an incredible amount of time posting complete lies or spend time digging around on the internet to desperately try an find something to knock him with?

Anyways, looks like 20 thousand people disagree with the 3 losers.
They always react the same way to morrissey good news stories, they're predictable sad little pricks, anyway just arrived at Dublin airport buzzing for tmorrow nights gig, it's gonna be a great experience

Tags
gig review louderthanwar morrissey o2 london

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom