London - O2 Arena (Nov. 29, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Smiler With Knife / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by @mswro2012 / Twitter, link posted by Hand in Hand-Shoe.

Last edited:
First time I have seen Morrissey live, enjoyed the show. His voice and the band were great. As mentioned I would have liked a few more classics, but what the hell it's Morrissey! Also there wasn't an empty seat in the Arena.

It was my 31st Morrissey show this evening; this time with my nine year-old daughter in tow. Bit late for her, but she loves Staircase and the sooner the realises there's more to life than One Direction (her first show, at Wembley) and the shouty harridan that is Katy Perry, the better.

I thought Morrissey's voice was particularly strong and affecting this evening - it was a faultless vocal performance (although, of course, he never 'performs'). The set-list was drawn mostly from the last album, but I'm personally glad to hear it live.

The footage accompanying Meat Is Murder was more graphic than I remembered, and although I've not eaten meat for 35 years, I found myself wondering about my dairy intake for the first time on the way home. Still packs a punch after all this time.

The 02 is a soul-less shed hell-bent on emptying your pockets (the car park is £21 even if you pre-book). Would love to see Morrissey back in the regional theatres and leisure centres which suit his sense of history rather than these awful hangers, but think it's unlikely (Llandudno Conference Centre, anyone?)

Final thought: what an extraordinary career in music Morrissey has had and how many thoroughly lovely, profoundly touching and immensely thrilling songs he's put his voice to over the years. It's an incredible legacy.

I can't believe more than half of this thread has been silly arguing.

THANK you -- in the last one where he gets pulled over did you see at 1:40 security just shove down the one guy who was trying to get on stage - also Moz was really reaching out to shake hands seems more so than usual? - his legs and quadriceps are in such good shape to do all that squat down then stand - I couldnt and make it look so smooth... thanks for filming and sharing.
on to the other videos...

QUOTE=docinwestchester;1986890927]This is going to be a very well documented show:

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
The thread is 4 f***ing pages long and almost NO information on the actual show? Just low-life assholes bitching around? That's why solow sucks BIG TIME.

The cool people are in the pubs getting shitfaced like they should after a show, you dumbass.

Seems like people who actually went, and are posting pictures and videos, had a great time. Twitter is still hopping with people breathlessly declaring that this was the best gig ever.

People who didn't go and apparently haven't bothered to look at pictures or videos from the show, are pretending that they went, and saying it sucked. Please get a life.

Oh, and
B3pQjMpIgAAS9kX.jpg

Wowsers.

It was my 31st Morrissey show this evening; this time with my nine year-old daughter in tow. Bit late for her, but she loves Staircase and the sooner the realises there's more to life than One Direction (her first show, at Wembley) and the shouty harridan that is Katy Perry, the better.

I thought Morrissey's voice was particularly strong and affecting this evening - it was a faultless vocal performance (although, of course, he never 'performs'). The set-list was drawn mostly from the last album, but I'm personally glad to hear it live.

The footage accompanying Meat Is Murder was more graphic than I remembered, and although I've not eaten meat for 35 years, I found myself wondering about my dairy intake for the first time on the way home. Still packs a punch after all this time.

The 02 is a soul-less shed hell-bent on emptying your pockets (the car park is £21 even if you pre-book). Would love to see Morrissey back in the regional theatres and leisure centres which suit his sense of history rather than these awful hangers, but think it's unlikely (Llandudno Conference Centre, anyone?)

Final thought: what an extraordinary career in music Morrissey has had and how many thoroughly lovely, profoundly touching and immensely thrilling songs he's put his voice to over the years. It's an incredible legacy.

I was at Llandudno 2006. Monday will be my 31st Moz gig too.

The funny thing about you, Johnny Barleycorn, is that you claim that you're here to "challenge Morrissey", but every time somebody challenges you, you simply disappear from the thread.

Two days ago this happened again (http://www.morrissey-solo.com/conte...wburg-(Nov-26-2014)-post-show?page=4#comments). Well, let's try again:

Why do you feel that you have to call him out? Do you think that he reads your posts? I can assure you that he doesn't. Frankly, the whole idea is quite delusional. What do you think would happen if you just stopped?

Do you think that you're actually achieving something? You're just somebody posting on an Internet forum. I mean, Morrissey doesn't read your posts. Honestly, nobody cares.

Why can't you just admit that you don't know why you do this? That it's simply irrational behaviour that you don't really understand yourself?

I was at Llandudno 2006. Monday will be my 31st Moz gig too.

It was great wasn't it, that Llandudno show. Loved hearing ROTT live and seeing him in what looked like a school hall! Have a great show x

the arena was far from full. all the upper bowl was empty. areas in the back also.
the album had already tanked when it was pulled, selling a measly 25 000 total units.

Dumb, Anonymous. It had his highest debut ever at 11. NOBODY sells albums anymore. There has been one million seller (IN TOTAL!) this year & it was Taylor Swift. If you're throwing album sales at Morrissey you willfully have an ax to grind, or you literally don't know the perimeters of the business now. Either way is unacceptable.

What a lovely review. Thank you for sharing!

Dumb, Anonymous. It had his highest debut ever at 11. NOBODY sells albums anymore. There has been one million seller (IN TOTAL!) this year & it was Taylor Swift. If you're throwing album sales at Morrissey you willfully have an ax to grind, or you literally don't know the perimeters of the business now. Either way is unacceptable.

what ridiculous nonsense. many acts sell quantities far greater than 25,000. pink floyd, dormant for years, sold 170 000 copies in the USA alone in its first week.
the fact remains that outside of this gig, he has been having trouble selling out venues that seat LESS than 2000.

Some photos his face looks super drawn and wrinkly and others he looks wonderful. Confusing.

Tags
gig review louderthanwar morrissey o2 london

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom