London - O2 Academy Brixton (Aug. 7, 2011) post-show

I just have to share this right now.
http://lockerz.com/s/127541861
Do you see this thing in the right corner? I thought somebody was joking earlier on when he twittered about a nude Morrissey cardboard. I have this funny feeling that Morrissey is doing a Charlie Sheen. It worked for him, because from what I read his comedy show or whatever he toured with sold pretty well. Britney Spears sold the most records ever when she went bonkers and Kate Moss was back in business amazingly quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys. Just got back from the gig. Been watching the man for some time now and am certainly what you'd describe as an ardent fan....but I can't describe my disappointment at tonight. Admittedly some GREAT moments (I know it's over, Speedway to name a couple), but overall I just feel a little cheated. Guess I expect a little more than 60-odd minutes for my 37.5 quid. Have seen better in the past. And Ouija board...really???? Big Lou Reed fan too - and would have preferred (say) "All you need is me" or something reasonably fresh rather than "Satellite of Love" - he's got so much more to give than this. I'll still be buying the records and going to the gigs, just seen better....:(

Sorry guys. Just got back from the gig. Been watching the man for some time now and am certainly what you'd describe as an ardent fan....but I can't describe my disappointment at tonight. Admittedly some GREAT moments (I know it's over, Speedway to name a couple), but overall I just feel a little cheated. Guess I expect a little more than 60-odd minutes for my 37.5 quid. Have seen better in the past. And Ouija board...really???? Big Lou Reed fan too - and would have preferred (say) "All you need is me" or something reasonably fresh rather than "Satellite of Love" - he's got so much more to give than this. I'll still be buying the records and going to the gigs, just seen better....:(

fake post.

Art-hounds as Moz was at great pains to spell out to us had a heavy beat/riff.There were different repeater lines culminating in a really strong repeat at the end. A really strong song!

Art-hounds as Moz was at great pains to spell out to us had a heavy beat/riff.There were different repeater lines culminating in a really strong repeat at the end. A really strong song!

What were the lyrics about?

Nope....not a fake post "anonymous". First time I've decided to post, yes. But not fake. Art Hounds was ok - pretty heavy and bodes well for the new material.

Nope....not a fake post "anonymous". First time I've decided to post, yes. But not fake. Art Hounds was ok - pretty heavy and bodes well for the new material.

What were the lyrics about?

Great - well thanks for your thoughts "anonymous". Was only wondering whether anyone else felt the same about tonights gig, but clearly this is not the right forum. Will keep my thoughts to myself in future for fear of rocking your boat. Wasn't aware I had to have qualifications in literary criticism to post here. :straightface:

Arthounds - One of the repeated lyrics is 'Finding a restaurant table.......with your Aunt Mayble'

True!

I really couldn't say I'm afraid - does it make me fake? Oh dear if so...

No, no. I can understand if somebody is not quite pleased with the length of the concert, because you can never get enough and you'd usually only expect this length of a concert from an American band that usually plays in stadiums in the USA and plays for little money in Europe. Only they usually have such a short set. And for this short time you want to get as much Morrissey as possible, so I understand your Lou Reed complaint. Are you sure that he only sang for just over 60 minutes however and not 75 minutes? You do not need a degree to post your criticism here, you are just only allowed positive criticism unless you belong to the inner concert circle (front row).

Was disappointed how rushed it all was.

Finished dead on 10.20.

Merchandise best ever, no t-shirts outside bar some 2/3 yearbold shit.

Cardboard cutout for £50 of a naked Moz, not sure my young sons need to see Moz's pubes just yet....jeez.

Onwards to Soho tomorrow as always.

Hola-I was the first anonymous-just don't have a log in for this. The Art-hounds lyrics appeared to be about people being desperate for celebrity-galleries,restaurants etc-I wish I could remember the end refrain-a classic moz saying things like daft etc. Reminded me a bit of the first time I heard Ganglord.

Jon

Music wise Art-Hounds sounds similar to Black Cloud and I'm OK By Myself.

Personal highlight of the show was Everyday Is Like Sunday.
Towards the end Morrissey let the audience sing-along ♪on your face~ and he made a face (twisted his lips) which was so funny.

During Speedway, there was 15 seconds silence, possibly a technical hitch, but it went OK in the end.

Art-hounds was a surprise.
I don't remember all the lyrics, but it was interesting and look forward to listen to the song on the album near future.

Fair point. And perhaps my timings are a little off. However perhaps my gripe then is more with the quality of the fare on offer (although I'm sure I've seen longer sets from Moz previously) - like I say, would "Oujia board" and "Alma Matters" feature on many peoples wish lists ahead of other tracks (and I'm not talking about just singles btw)? I can't claim to be a "front row" afficionado, and if that disqualifies me from "negative" criticism then I'm happy to button it. Just wondering how many reports are received on this forum that aren't in the affirmative?

And thanks devout - perhaps you've put it better than all of my "words" put together. Rushed, it was.

Burp!
Just watched bits of Lollapalooza live on youtube and it was great picture and sound quality but fook me did I see hippies in the crowd and a lousy line up....
Nice win for United today and such entertainment already and thank god summer is over and in Sweden today it was pissing down and the autumn winds are here which is the best time of the year really.
Riots in Tottenham last night was intense viewing on tv as me and many others followed events live through a live stream online. Thank god for people streaming games live online for us to enjoy on the big screen from the laptop.
Cheerio one and all and I enjoyed the special doc. about Manchester and football fans by Eric Cantona which swedish tv aired before game today. It was nice to see and hear family man Ryan Giggs talk about the local bands and the Madchester days at the Hacienda.
Gonna have some crisps now and chill out.

Urbanus de la hoya (crap fighter but still a charmer)
Hehe låter som en dag efter en praktfylla. Kul med lite svenska troll här som är lite 'witty'; ).
/ Markus

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom