London - Eventim Apollo (March 19, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Without Music The World Dies / Half A Person / Trouble Loves Me / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy.

Media items:

Last edited:
Great venue, great sound, setlist a let down personally.

The tour tee is glorious.

The new songs have nothing on the BOT stuff but I still enjoyed them.
rob im quite liking the new songs,its a different style from bonfire,might be a bit more relaxed and playful hopefully.

I love Suede, saw them on every tour they did since 1993. But to claim they are anywhere near Morrissey in terms of worldwide appeal or success is ludicrous, you know that as well as anyone.

I have something I'd like to share with you. I live in a town (population: approx. 169k) in Southeast Brazil. Today, coming home from work I tuned in on a local radio station. Guess what song was playing? Suedehead.

Morrissey is a living legend.

Viva Moz!

Suede made a fantastic record (autofiction) which made numerous best of lists last year and are still excellent live band, Brett Anderson being a superb showman / front person

Suede deserve the recognition they are getting. It does also do them no harm that they’ve turned up to do live sessions on bbc radio 2 piano room , Virgin radio and played their part in marketing the album, working the album, some decry as ‘playing the game’

They are no hindered by comments that burned Morrissey regarding Islam , race / for Britain so they aren’t a contentious subject for music mags / sites to run stories on,

Could also say that Ian Brown is now in the same camp as Morrissey. Will be struggling to get good press coverage after his COVID stance.

As I’ve said before , until Morrissey really rows back the some of his comments / particularly the support For Britain : wearing that lapel badge , he’s going to be out in the cold with music press in the UK

F the music press.

I have something I'd like to share with you. I live in a town (population: approx. 169k) in Southeast Brazil. Today, coming home from work I tuned in on a local radio station. Guess what song was playing? Suedehead.

Morrissey is a living legend.

Viva Moz!
ótimo!

This was my 10th Morrissey Gig over a period of 30 years and can honestly put it up there as one of the best.
Totally agree, Moz was on top form. Set list, Chat, Stage Presence the Lot!!! I was on the barrier next to Doug when he caught the T-shirt.
Outstanding - Can't wait for Leeds (fingers crossed)

***The After show was great too - Kudos to Trina for organising***

I was on the barrier next to Doug when he caught the T-shirt.
Seriously, how many Morrissey shirts does this guy need? By now he must own more than Morrissey himself - he always gets them.

Via Dodwell:

The Queue Will Queue For You: Morrissey in Hammersmith, March 19th, 2023

A guest piece written by M.Price/@Sadglamour

Totally agree, Moz was on top form. Set list, Chat, Stage Presence the Lot!!! I was on the barrier next to Doug when he caught the T-shirt.
Outstanding - Can't wait for Leeds (fingers crossed)

***The After show was great too - Kudos to Trina for organising***
I agree with everything you say, with the exception of Kudos To Trina. She’s spent 5 months turning people against each other and playing fans off against one another. She was content to put the knife into Doug and V, who are two of Cali’s most beautiful people and wouldn’t harm anyone.
The aftershow was for attention and to have some control, that’s it. It’s all a carefully laid out plan to try and infiltrate the guesting list. The very list which she decrees shouldn’t be allowed.
Back to Morrissey, it was such a beautiful gathering with energy in abundance.
Here’s hoping for the two July dates to be confirmed sooner rather than later x

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom