London - Eventim Apollo (March 19, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Without Music The World Dies / Half A Person / Trouble Loves Me / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy.

Media items:

Last edited:
Brilliant gig, I enjoyed every moment.
One of his speeches between songs he mentioned something about artists being difficult… does anyone remember what he said?

Artists are difficult to work with but worth it? Something along those lines. I liked the part where he said he’s gone down hill. “No really I have”. I disagree M!

quite surprising that apart from fee and why now not one newspaper of which there is a ton of or music magazine on the shelves or online havent reviewed the hammersmith concert,ahh well they obviously didnt expect it to go so well and include one of the all-time great concer photos.

quite surprising that apart from fee and why now not one newspaper of which there is a ton of or music magazine on the shelves or online havent reviewed the hammersmith concert,ahh well they obviously didnt expect it to go so well and include one of the all-time great concer photos.

It is odd, Suede are getting loads of reviews on their current tour?

Why do you call it a game? It's about connecting with your fans and promoting what you are up to, in my opinion.
True, but it helps if you have a record company and management behind you to make those media connections.

Morrissey ‘played the game’ in 2004 and 2017 briefly but he is generally not the sort of artist to do so. It doesn’t suit him, so he’s wise not to engage.

True, but it helps if you have a record company and management behind you to make those media connections.

Morrissey ‘played the game’ in 2004 and 2017 briefly but he is generally not the sort of artist to do so. It doesn’t suit him, so he’s wise not to engage.

That's fine you think it doesn't suit him but it's not a good look when he complains that he gets no press when he makes no effort

I think he’s past complaining about that tbh.
He knows the musical landscape at the moment better than most I would think.

Perhaps, but it’s a little unedifying to take the rebellious stance and suppose that the inevitable consequences are an unexpected travesty. Particularly when, as you’ve noticed, convention sometimes suits him fine.

It’s Boris Johnson’s committee appearance today.

I doubt if Morrissey was handing out complimentary press tickets, and he'd probably actively ban journalists from publications like The Guardian and NME if he knew they were attending.

You honestly believe that Morrissey does not want a behemoth record label releasing/promoting his music?

It is odd, Suede are getting loads of reviews on their current tour?
Suede made a fantastic record (autofiction) which made numerous best of lists last year and are still excellent live band, Brett Anderson being a superb showman / front person

Suede deserve the recognition they are getting. It does also do them no harm that they’ve turned up to do live sessions on bbc radio 2 piano room , Virgin radio and played their part in marketing the album, working the album, some decry as ‘playing the game’

They are no hindered by comments that burned Morrissey regarding Islam , race / for Britain so they aren’t a contentious subject for music mags / sites to run stories on,

Could also say that Ian Brown is now in the same camp as Morrissey. Will be struggling to get good press coverage after his COVID stance.

As I’ve said before , until Morrissey really rows back the some of his comments / particularly the support For Britain : wearing that lapel badge , he’s going to be out in the cold with music press in the UK

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom