London - Eventim Apollo (March 19, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Without Music The World Dies / Half A Person / Trouble Loves Me / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy.

Media items:

Last edited:

Okay, I'll try again! It was just that @JoeFrady had noticed this looks like the jacket Morrissey wore in Laga Gaga's Manchester back-stage photo 2010.

gagamorrissey440.jpg

EDIT: Image link to intended attachment added:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
No, something's wrong. Anyway, it was the photo of Sam with Boy George, so you can compare yourselves if its the same jacket!

Fiona's review now linked.
Morrissey Live At The Hammersmith

"Sure Enough, Te Telephone Rings"? Should not it be Sure enough, the telephone rings? It’s the, not te. And it’s only appropriate to use capital letters in the first word of a sentence and of course given/proper names/words and such. Just to be a bit pedantic. England colonised so many areas, so now maybe it’s time for the rest of us to kind of "colonise" your language (just to joke a bit, ‘ring ring’, like I’ve seen on british telly).

"Sure Enough, Te Telephone Rings"? Should not it be Sure enough, the telephone rings? It’s the, not te. And it’s only appropriate to use capital letters in the first word of a sentence and of course given/proper names/words and such. Just to be a bit pedantic. England colonised so many areas, so now maybe it’s time for the rest of us to kind of "colonise" your language (just to joke a bit, ‘ring ring’, like I’ve seen on british telly).
Typo fixed. Thanks!

That would be difficult without any management or a label. He could do it himself of course but I don’t think he wants to put his own cash into that risk and would rather try to find someone else to pay the cash.

I think at the end of the day it would be the quality of the product that needs to entice a label to part with its cash. I assume many labels have listened to it and decided not to invest.
Mmm I don't know, he was labelless for a long time when he had the Quarry songs.

Morrissey gigs have always been riddled with people doing that, especially those who think they are owed a place at the front of the gig. My friend, who is less than 5ft tall and a woman, was punched a couple of times in the face at one of the Morrissey 50th birthday gigs at the Apollo, just because we dared go near the front. The men are absolute losers.

Anyway, looks like a good gig. Hopefully everyone had fun, apart from the usual Morrissey fan dickheads.
Wow, what absolute assholes.

Back in 2015, before 2 shows at the Hammersmith Apollo, Moz posted this on True To You:

"There is absolutely no way that we can generate any interest from record labels in the United Kingdom, therefore the imminent two nights at Hammersmith are likely to be our final ever UK shows. We are obsessively grateful for all interest and loyalty from our audience throughout 28 years... but without new releases, there is no point in any additional touring. Thank you for so many absolutely incredible times. The pleasure and privilege is mine..."

Fast forward to 2023...

I think this is a very accurate description. We’ve all seen the bad things.

Back in 2015, before 2 shows at the Hammersmith Apollo, Moz posted this on True To You:

"There is absolutely no way that we can generate any interest from record labels in the United Kingdom, therefore the imminent two nights at Hammersmith are likely to be our final ever UK shows. We are obsessively grateful for all interest and loyalty from our audience throughout 28 years... but without new releases, there is no point in any additional touring. Thank you for so many absolutely incredible times. The pleasure and privilege is mine..."

Fast forward to 2023...
Things change. Skinny used to be Moz's number one sycophantic, borderline psychotic fan. It's all part of evolution. Don't let it worry you.

Okay, I'll try again! It was just that @JoeFrady had noticed this looks like the jacket Morrissey wore in Laga Gaga's Manchester back-stage photo 2010.

gagamorrissey440.jpg

EDIT: Image link to intended attachment added:

full
Has Sam had some work done? He’s looking very smooth and polished.

I don't know the capacity of that place but it looks pretty chocka to me. Do we have any official stats?
rammed,good to see in 2023.

Fast forward to 2023...
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/article-“morrissey-has-two-albums’-worth-of-songs-ready-”-says-guitarist-jesse-tobias-uncut-jan.129556/

2013 :)

Fast forward to 2023...

Just self release em.....it's what the majority of people do these days. He's never had good relations with any record company, apart from Rough Trade for a few yrs. It's very odd.

Things change. Skinny used to be Moz's number one sycophantic, borderline psychotic fan. It's all part of evolution. Don't let it worry you.
Skinny clearly still is…..no comment yet though on the London show sadly

Fast forward to 2023...
Morrissey should do more farewell shows - they are always fun.

Back
Top Bottom