London - Eventim Apollo (March 19, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Without Music The World Dies / Half A Person / Trouble Loves Me / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy.

Media items:

Last edited:
He was still doing it in October; that's when I managed to get a few great shots of him actually up against them. I'm intrigued why you would ask that question?
I was only remembering how he use to lean back on an amp and slide down it on his back. It looked dangerous, but he pulled it off without getting injured.

I do, too, but anyone with their eyes open can see he's not as active on stage physically as he was years ago like these posters are complaining about, but, as I said previously, that's only natural with age.

The exception being Mick Jagger and to a lesser extent Iggy Pop of course both who shame Moz energy wise.

I was only remembering how he use to lean back on an amp and slide down it on his back. It looked dangerous, but he pulled it off without getting injured.

He definitely doesn't do that anymore. But he does lean against them which is what I thought you meant. It's just a more subdued version of what you talking about, I guess.

Tbh, it doesn't matter to me what he does on stage as I would go just to hear him talk or sing standing completely stationary. But some people expect him to be just as sprightly as a decade or two decades ago, but the older we all become the quicker the ability to do certain things we used to falls away, and/or I guess we stop doing them for the good of our health sometimes too. Whatever he does, he can't go wrong, in my eyes!

The exception being Mick Jagger and to a lesser extent Iggy Pop of course both who shame Moz energy wise.

That's true! There are always anomalies. Although neither are/were as endlessly fascinating as our Mozzer. I guess there is always a trade off somewhere along the line.

It is true that he doesn't lean back over amplifiers anymore.
He did trip over the monitor / fall on his arse in Ireland , so maybe did give himself a shock (& a laugh at himself for stumbling)

The physicality of his performance has certainly been more controlled, but then so have the crowd. the set list / song styling also plays to a certain tempo,

As long as his voice is there , they can wheel him onstage and I’ll still go see him though!
There is no musical equal to Morrissey, the live experience of the gigs, as much as I’ll pick holes with his song choices / weakness of the lyrics of some of the more event songs & why of why won’t he sing x / y & z…just as long as he keeps signing

To quote the great man: you’re going miss me when I’m gone.

I will be gutted when the day comes when don’t have the option to go see him in concert (even if he was ripping the arse out of it with those ticket prices in France / Belgium

He did trip over the monitor / fall on his arse in Ireland , so maybe did give himself a shock (& a laugh at himself for stumbling)

The physicality of his performance has certainly been more controlled, but then so have the crowd. the set list / song styling also plays to a certain tempo,

As long as his voice is there , they can wheel him onstage and I’ll still go see him though!
There is no musical equal to Morrissey, the live experience of the gigs, as much as I’ll pick holes with his song choices / weakness of the lyrics of some of the more event songs & why of why won’t he sing x / y & z…just as long as he keeps signing

I will be gutted when the day comes when don’t have the option to go see him in concert (even if he was ripping the arse out of it with those ticket prices in France / Belgium
He’s not a dancer… what a bizarre criticism.

BB King did concerts sat in a chair for his last 25 years, so what.

Funny that he was telling Mick to get off the stage in the 90's, yet now, can't keep up with him.

Oh yes, I remember that little anecdote right there! He's made numerous statements in the past that certainly haven't aged well, hasn't he. But that's part of his appeal, for some incredibly strange reason. The affection many of us have regarding his brashness and inability to keep schtum is intriguing to me. I think in some ways people admire his candidness even when he spectacularly misfires, which isn't that often imo, or when he lives to regret past utterances because they wish they were more inclined to be that way. The more he speaks out the more he appeals, at least to me, because so few do, as we all know.

I think that was said to be a dastardly deception carried out by those flares he insists on wearing on stage, lol, and the way the stage was set up. They were in collusion.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with not agreeing, and I am a stauch advocate of free speech and now you are trying to gaslight me. You're the first person who I've ever had an issue with on here.

As I stated very clearly, it is the way you have described things that would be obvious to any reasonably intelligent person that makes you seem condescending; that's my issue with you. Not whatever you just dreamed up in your own imagination right now. Not to mention calling people strange and odd for either things you've imagined or very normal instances of loving someone but also being realistic about their character flaws.

I've asked you to leave me alone, so I'd appreciate it if you could respect that.
Dear me. You stated the security was ott and I disagreed. It was as simple as that and if you think that means you can’t just see why I disagreed and need to run and hide saying leave me alone then I haven’t a clue what is wrong. If you didn’t agree with me you could have just ignored my post instead of replying everytime. You say I am the only person you have had a problem with on here but I don’t have a problem with you at all. It was a discussion and you have just taken it personally. It’s a public forum and I didn’t think discussing something was a problem. I have never expressed anything rude or condescending. You stated security was ott and that you didn’t like the fact security were stopping people from shaking his hand and I gave my opinion on why that might be the case and then you go off on some wierd defensive angle suggesting you have a problem with me. It is very odd.

Absolutely. I think the point went off topic. The original point made was about the energy of the audience rather than whether Morrissey danced. I’m not sure whipping a cable around the stage ever really constituted dancing anyway and why does it matter. The point was really about how staid many of the recent audiences have been.

It wasn’t a criticism, I get his age and that things do wind down, (I still say the crowd should be constantly energised though)

It was merely a mention that when he did get physically / emotionally carried away in Ireland he took a tumble , (so why risk it, no real need too with the majority of the slower paced songs anyhow

Does look like the security was a tad over-zealous. There are several moments where Moz has his arm quite forcefully shoved back by security, even though Moz is the one reaching his hand out to members of the audience.
I thought this too. I get keeping him safe and I'd hate anything to happen but also he is reaching out. A balancing act for sure.

Thanks Baby J for the great footage as always.

I thought this too. I get keeping him safe and I'd hate anything to happen but also he is reaching out. A balancing act for sure.

Thanks Baby J for the great footage as always.
Just takes one over zealous person to jump up and grab his hand and he loses his balance and falls head first into the pit. The issue was the distance from the stage.

Took my teenage son along with me to the gig on Sunday night, it was his first time seeing The Moz live. It took me back to my first Morrissey concert, in those heady Kill Uncle days, I was barely older than him then. A lot has changed but there is still something indefinably special about a Morrissey gig that you just don't experience anywhere else, this being especially true of a Morrissey gig in the UK/Ireland. I've seen him live many times now in several different countries and these most recent UK & Ireland gigs are the best I've ever been to. At age almost 64, and with the difficult few years he's had, he's in the best form of his life right now. Anyway, I'm rambling now, all this to say, Viva Moz, and if Leeds happens I'm definitely taking my boy along to that one too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom