London - Eventim Apollo (March 19, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Without Music The World Dies / Half A Person / Trouble Loves Me / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy.

Media items:

Last edited:
Without Music The World Dies is one of them
celebratin' songs.
When the people hear this thing, they can't help
but to get a grin.
That's what good music'll do to ya.
That's what the song is highlightin'.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Sure Enough, Te Telephone Rings / Istanbul / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Without Music The World Dies / Half A Person / Trouble Loves Me / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy.

Media items:
Yes, let's focus on security and validation of pictures, disregarding the miserable setlist....let's focus on what's important shall we?

Without Music The World Dies is one of them
celebratin' songs.
When the people hear this thing, they can't help
but to get a grin.
That's what good music'll do to ya.
That's what the song is highlightin'.

I really like this one, it gives me a real positive feeling about the newest recorded LP!

He's older - that is the answer - as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread. You can't expect him to frolic around the stage like he used to a decade or more ago; it just isn't realistic no matter how much you want those days back.

We have to be thankful that this living legend is still touring internationally often and still creating music after all this time and despite ill health and the impending doom of ageing. Because once he drops the mic permanently people will probably realise just how transcendent his shows were; even these ones.

Yes, I would love those days back to see him at his most animated, but, unfortunately that isn't going to happen. All we can do is show him unconditional love and support and enjoy him while we still have time. I know when that day does come and he turns in I, for one, will be devastated.
I find him currently highly animated. The show on Sunday March 19th yesterday was astounding. He's still got it.

I think you misunderstood the poster. They weren’t talking about morrissey on stage but the atmosphere and the audience off stage. A lot of the recent gigs have been staid in the audience so it is now rare to get that kind of audience energy that used to be every single gig.

No I didn't. The atmosphere is cultivated mostly by the artists and the way they appear and present themselves on stage. The only thing that has changed is that he has gotten older and consequently doesn't throw himself around as much as he used to which is turn leads to a more subdued audience, atmosphere and experience, but it is to be expected.

No I didn't. The atmosphere is cultivated mostly by the artists and the way they appear and present themselves on stage. The only thing that has changed is that he has gotten older and consequently doesn't throw himself around as much as he used to which is turn leads to a more subdued audience, atmosphere and experience, but it is to be expected.
Nonsense. There are many artists out there who don’t move around at all but have very energetic audiences. You don’t need an acrobatic front man to get an energetic wild excited audience. It’s not a circus act. Morrissey’s audience has changed and it isn’t because he has got older.

It is true that he doesn't lean back over amplifiers anymore.

You have lists?

Strange.

I didn’t think the security were OTT. Seen many gigs where it has been OTT but not last night. There were days when security would drag people who tried to get on stage out of the venue by the neck and push them to the ground.

I fully expect the reason for security pushing people’s hands away was because of the size of the gap between the stage and the barrier. That always poses a safety risk to someone on the stage if someone grabs his hand. Hands become grabs instead of shakes and there have been many occasions where he has been almost pulled off the stage. It’s all about safety.

No, of course I don't have f***ing lists. I have a highly stressful legal career that involves lots of writing and remembering, so this is where I spend some of my downtime. You really think I have the inclination to make lists of people on here?! 🙄

I also am well aware of all of that, thank you very much. You really enjoy talking down to people/being condescending - explaining completely obvious things to me as though I'm backward. Let's leave it there...

Last edited:
I find him currently highly animated. The show on Sunday March 19th yesterday was astounding. He's still got it.

I do, too, but anyone with their eyes open can see he's not as active on stage physically as he was years ago like these posters are complaining about, but, as I said previously, that's only natural with age.

No, of course I don't have f***ing lists. 🙄

I also am well aware of all of that, thank you very much. You really enjoy talking down to people/being condescending - explaining completely obvious things to me as though I'm backward. Let's leave it there...
You are very sensitive. You stated the security was ott and I was at the front and didn’t think so at all. If you don’t like people disagreeing with what you say why bother posting on a public board or do you just post for everyone to agree with you?

I do, too, but anyone with their eyes open can see he's not as active on stage physically as he was years ago like these posters are complaining about, but, as I said previously, that's only natural with age.
I don’t think anyone has said he isn’t physically active on stage at all.

It is true that he doesn't lean back over amplifiers anymore.

He was still doing it in October; that's when I managed to get a few great shots of him actually up against them. I'm intrigued why you would ask that question?

Last edited:
You are very sensitive. You stated the security was ott and I was at the front and didn’t think so at all. If you don’t like people disagreeing with what you say why bother posting on a public board or do you just post for everyone to agree with you?

This has nothing to do with not agreeing, and I am a stauch advocate of free speech and now you are trying to gaslight me. You're the first person who I've ever had an issue with on here.

As I stated very clearly, it is the way you have described things that would be obvious to any reasonably intelligent person that makes you seem condescending; that's my issue with you. Not whatever you just dreamed up in your own imagination right now. Not to mention calling people strange and odd for either things you've imagined or very normal instances of loving someone but also being realistic about their character flaws.

I've asked you to leave me alone, so I'd appreciate it if you could respect that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom