London, England - Eventim Apollo (Sep. 20, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Yes, I Am Blind / Oboe Concerto / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder / You'll Be Gone / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by Morran.

• Morrissey, Eventim Apollo, review: 'baffling' by James Lachno (3 of 5 stars) - The Telegraph. Link posted by Morran and Mike.
  • Review by Andy Page - God Is In The TV. Link posted by Bill Cummings.
  • Photo by denim_shoyts / Instagram (...Full set on @thelineofbestfit soon). Link posted by docinwestchester.

london1.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed the gig. Morrissey perhaps not as humorous as he has been at some other gigs, but sounding terrific. Band too. I will see you in far off places was a highlight. I cycled to the venue, and you know what? He said before "What She Said" that "part 2 of the Battle of Britain will be on this stage tomorrow, so if you're cycling by, why not.....?" I think he was talking just to me! Looks like I have to find myself a ticket now.

Poor Boz, why does he put up with the spandex clothes. I would think Morrissey's "musical director" would have more pull.

I have never seen so many New York Yankees Baseball caps in one place and what is the deal with the Chicago Bulls, why do you people like them? I see a lot of Chicago Bulls caps too. It's funny how you talk so much shit about Americans and all you lots want to be Americans. Yankees caps, Gap Hoodys, Planet Hollywood-Orlando "tour jackets', KFC, McDonalds, Burger King on every corner. YOU PEOPLE are such hypocrites and you don't get any more American than a Yankees Cap.

On to the gig....when "quing" up outside it felt and looked like a NASCAR race in Tennessee , but then all you lots opened your mouth and I heard your bastardized English accents. When I started talking to me best chap Seamus McPaddy and every one starting hearing our American California accents, they all started asking "are you AztecCamera?". Of course I wasn't going to admit it as fear of being lynched. When the lights went out, I thought for sure the Orange Order was going to come storming in and ask to see my passport and see my last name as not being "Camera" but "O'Camera" and kidnap me instantly.

I am thinking tomorrow's "grand finale" Morrissey will be singing "hot hot hot" with his idol Buster Poindexter or "Pleather and Lace" and "Boots" with Nancy.

BTW, Born Mouth is not a "beach resort". I had never been so cold in me life. All your Brits keep telling me when I say I hate Kickball how the USA has beaten and tied England in the Kickball Cup Championships and this just blows my mind and guess what? Americans don't know this or even give a shit e. This lead me to witnessing my first Kickball debacle. I saw the game between the local team called the Cherry Trees or something like that against a team wearing all lime green uniforms. Why do grown men wear tiny shorts and knee high socks? Why do the players act like they have been shot when they get their foot stepped on or kicked in the shin? Why do the players let the ball hit them in the head?

Anonymous-London

For one so obsessed with preventing animal cruelty he certainly can flog a dead horse or five. Really weak set overall for one of the few legends on this godforsaken planet. lord knows this may be the last time :-(

Last edited:
since it will be his last uk show ever, maybe he will be authorized to do the queen is dead one last time tomorrow night.
tonights show, sorry to have to say this, can best be described as small 'audience in a coma'.

One of a handful of songs that Elvis actually wrote. Beautiful lyrics. Nice choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

One of a handful of songs that Elvis actually wrote. Beautiful lyrics. Nice choice.

That's actually a helluva cover he pulled off there. Normally when he does covers he kind of drops the ball.

And an interesting choice given the potential circumstances of non-touring.
It's nice to have the occasional rare cover.
Kind regards,
FWD

He says (and repeats) "American Taliban" while pointing at the video at the end. Is this new?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the links, enjoyed watching Oboe Concerto.

Boz killin' it on the clarinet.

Great job by "The Gig Channel". Excellent audio!

thats a pretty lame cover, destroys the song, elvis must be turning in his grave. he eviscerates the tune

Apologies, I omitted What She Said:
https://youtu.be/6zG6EgpQUxo
I was editing my list as each video was being posted - so no luxury of a playlist.
This was missed.
That should be the whole gig minus power cut.
Cheers,
FWD

Noticed Yes I Am Blind missing..

Last edited:
It was a fantastic show.
Power cut really did kill all of the stage kit, but he took it in good humour.

not his best gig.
barely half full venue dormant crowd which came alive when the power went out as it interrupted the beer.

Did you have to get permission off your mum to stay up late so you could post this.

Get a life you tosser.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom