Lloyd Cole... where to begin?

Re: How good were Lloyd and his Commotions?

Thought there would be a lot of crossover between Smiths and LC & C fans. Just wondering if that were the case.

'Jennifer She Said' is a personal favourite...

Definately a fan. The singles 'Perfect Skin' and the brilliant 'Forest Fire' (and the LP 'Rattlesnakes') were in my record collection before 'This Charming Man' had been released. All three albums are excellent. But as mentioned above, I lost them too when he went solo.

Your best is fine with me mate.

Take it from your name you're a United fan?

er, why would 'Spirit of 69' relate to being a united fan?:confused:
united won f*** all in 69.
City, however, won the FA Cup:cool::rock:

Jukebox Jury

Definately a fan. The singles 'Perfect Skin' and the brilliant 'Forest Fire' (and the LP 'Rattlesnakes') were in my record collection before 'This Charming Man' had been released. All three albums are excellent. But as mentioned above, I lost them too when he went solo.

er, why would 'Spirit of 69' relate to being a united fan?:confused:
united won f*** all in 69.
City, however, won the FA Cup:cool::rock:

Jukebox Jury

I realised as soon as I posted it.

United won the European cup in '68

Love 'Perfect Skin' too - she's got cheekbones like geometry and eyes like sin - immortal line...

Was reading about Malcolm Alison recently - sad how it all went wrong for him. He was a genius.

I realised as soon as I posted it.

United won the European cup in '68

Love 'Perfect Skin' too - she's got cheekbones like geometry and eyes like sin - immortal line...

Was reading about Malcolm Alison recently - sad how it all went wrong for him. He was a genius.

Apology accepted (and City were League Champions in 68:thumb:)
I've just started reading the book 'Big Mal' (though two other books have just come out too!) and yes agree with what you said......
As seems to be the opinion, he was a great man manager.... just don't let him anywhere near a cheque book!

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom