Lloyd Cole mentions Morrissey in his blog

nickfd

From his blog www.lloydcole.com/blog

The moment of the day came in the early afternoon when Lloyd Cole finished his soundcheck and was walking through the Cathedral Quarter. Who should he bump into on the street but Morrissey, in town for a couple of concerts and staying in The Merchant. According to eyewitness accounts they literally hailed one another in the street - not having met in two decades - and had a casual natter, Belfast style.

Re: Lloyd Cole

From his blog www.lloydcole.com/blog

The moment of the day came in the early afternoon when Lloyd Cole finished his soundcheck and was walking through the Cathedral Quarter. Who should he bump into on the street but Morrissey, in town for a couple of concerts and staying in The Merchant. According to eyewitness accounts they literally hailed one another in the street - not having met in two decades - and had a casual natter, Belfast style.

thanks for letting us know. I'm a pretty big LC fan.
couldn't find it on his weblog tho? who wrote the above? surely not LC unless he likes to use the third person...

I wrote it as I'm a massive LC fan, too. Unbelieveably, main page of M-S comes up just now - my moment of glory - and ... well, credits someone else. I'll be considering a subscription to TTY from now on ...

Fascinating fact, I go to the same College that Lloyd Cole went to, yet the staff seem more proud of the fact that two of Liberty X did too. Tsk.

Fascinating fact, I go to the same College that Lloyd Cole went to, yet the staff seem more proud of the fact that two of Liberty X did too. Tsk.

Please forgive my ignorance but who is Lloyd Cole? Is he from a long time ago or a new artist. I truly don't know of him.

Last edited:
Back in the day, The Smiths and Lloyd Cole were the only music I listened to!

I recommend his recent 4 CD solo b-side/rarities box set called "Cleaning Out The Ashtrays" for anyone who is interested in LC. If only Morrissey would bring out a similar release...

Back
Top Bottom