Lloyd Cole B-Sides and Rarities, Volumes 1-4

Ive Listened To Dont Get Wierd On Me Tonight And Its So Wonderful Every Song Is Great If You Read This Download It And Have A Listen
Alan

herro -- I am uploading #4 now, sorry it just takes forever
yeah if anyone has live shows they want to share, I would literally eat a diaper full of shrimp!

Hey this is great thanks. What a generous soul you are for putting this up, it must have taken forever to upload. I am forever in your debt.

I would really like to know who it is singing Are you ready to be heartbroken. It is listed as being Kirsty Maccoll but I am 100% certain that this is not the case. One Kirsty is not american and has never sung in an american accent. If I am not mistaken this girl sounds american. If I am wrong about her being American I assure you I am not wrong about it being Kirsty. i am big fan of Kirsty Maccoll and you can tell this is not her. She had a knack of layering her own voice to create a wonderful wall of sound and that is nowhere on this. Plus it all feels a bit too "cheesey" for Kirsty too if you know what I mean.

Can anyone shed any light on who the actual artist is?

Hey this is great thanks. What a generous soul you are for putting this up, it must have taken forever to upload. I am forever in your debt.

I would really like to know who it is singing Are you ready to be heartbroken. It is listed as being Kirsty Maccoll but I am 100% certain that this is not the case. One Kirsty is not american and has never sung in an american accent. If I am not mistaken this girl sounds american. If I am wrong about her being American I assure you I am not wrong about it being Kirsty. i am big fan of Kirsty Maccoll and you can tell this is not her. She had a knack of layering her own voice to create a wonderful wall of sound and that is nowhere on this. Plus it all feels a bit too "cheesey" for Kirsty too if you know what I mean.

Can anyone shed any light on who the actual artist is?

I honestly have no idea, and would love to know too.

Wish I had more stuff to share. I feel like I owe this board a lot for all the great stuff folks have put on here. Thanks for the sentiment though! No debts required. Just someone upload Moz singing 'Kit' sometime so I can go to bed happy.

Have been living with these rarities for a few months now and have to say that the quality on show here is generally very high. Some great live performances and a lot of great b-sides, so thanks again, Matto.

The BBC have released the complete Lloyd Cole (& The Commotions) live and sessions archive last week. Anyone heard it yet?
Looks like a good buy.

41DynA0tYkL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
Matto, this is very kind of you - thanks, mate!

To anyone who knows: is/was/are Lloyd Cole and Morrissey friends? I'd never heard this before, but someone linked an old article from the NME yesterday that claimed just that.

P.S. Johan, your avatar of Echo & the Bunnymen's "Killing Moon" -- love, love it. One of the all-time best ... I was going to say album covers, but actually it was just for the EP/extended single.

I thought I saw Lloyd Cole today, but on 2nd glance, it was Jimmy Carr, smug-faced poncey wanker.

Thanks for the downloads btw, have a soft spot for Ole King Cole. :)

I bought all 3 cd's . I will upload soon. I also have alot of rare stuff as well.
BTW I have alot of his 12"vinyl cd's selling or trading cheap.....

I bought all 3 cd's . I will upload soon. I also have alot of rare stuff as well.
BTW I have alot of his 12"vinyl cd's selling or trading cheap.....

I'm looking forward to it.
Do you, or does anyone, know where I can find a complete Lloyd Cole discography?
Did we get all the b-sides on Matto's rarities compilation?

To anyone who knows: is/was/are Lloyd Cole and Morrissey friends? I'd never heard this before, but someone linked an old article from the NME yesterday that claimed just that.

Yes, but only in the very early stages of their career.

P.S. Johan, your avatar of Echo & the Bunnymen's "Killing Moon" -- love, love it. One of the all-time best ... I was going to say album covers, but actually it was just for the EP/extended single.

Thanks, and I agree :)

Back
Top Bottom