Liverpool Rollcall

Add me to the list :)

Mrs Brel and I would like to confirm our attendance.

Actually, I need to sort out a hotel for the night. Whats the Adelphi like these days? The rooms I mean, we won't be bothering with a breakfast.

EDIT:- Just been on Tripadvisor. I think we'll give the Adelphi a miss!

Last edited:

Actually, I need to sort out a hotel for the night. Whats the Adelphi like these days? The rooms I mean, we won't be bothering with a breakfast.

I see you're also from Manchester. Have you decided you won't be able to get back to Manchester the same night,then? I'm still hoping I'll just make the last train! If only the gig wasn't on a Sunday, there'd be no problem!

I see you're also from Manchester. Have you decided you won't be able to get back to Manchester the same night,then? I'm still hoping I'll just make the last train! If only the gig wasn't on a Sunday, there'd be no problem!

In the past I have been able to get the train back to Manchester, after Liverpool gigs. But as you say, it's Sunday! Even if I make the last train, I face a £20 plus taxi ride from Piccadilly. The good thing about Sunday is that the hotels are cheaper. So it makes sense to just book a room and not have to worry about getting home.

Ah the trains are a pain on Sunday night, hopefully going to drive. Or sweet talk my cousin to letting me stop on his sofa, he live somewhere in Liverpool!!

Ah the trains are a pain on Sunday night, hopefully going to drive. Or sweet talk my cousin to letting me stop on his sofa, he live somewhere in Liverpool!!

Aah, Liverpool... It's worth reminding people that the "Head Of Steam" pub, next door to the Liverpool Empire, have vowed to play non-stop Morrissey and Smiths songs all night, from long before gig-start to the early hours, free entry. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we where all in one place?

We stayed in the Holiday Inn a couple of weeks ago - I too had seen the Adelphi reviews and decided against it... Holiday Inn also right across from train station and it has smoking rooms yay!

Aah, Liverpool... It's worth reminding people that the "Head Of Steam" pub, next door to the Liverpool Empire, have vowed to play non-stop Morrissey and Smiths songs all night, from long before gig-start to the early hours, free entry. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we where all in one place?

I'll be there. meeting up in the "Head Of Steam" pub sounds good. I need get the last train or a taxi home.......boo

I'll be there, count me in! :) I will also be attending pre and post-gig bouts of alcohol consumption. :thumb:

A few pints down at the Philharmonic might be in order. The last time I was in here they had some really nice ales on.

We stayed in the Holiday Inn a couple of weeks ago - I too had seen the Adelphi reviews and decided against it... Holiday Inn also right across from train station and it has smoking rooms yay!

I think we are staying at the Radisson. My wife fancies a dip in the pool!

Count me in aswell(and my mum)

The Phils a nice pub, and the head of steam, either way though, it's all ale ;)

The Philharmonic is a good pub, but it's the best part of a mile away, and they ain't playing Moz all night. The Head of Steam is also ideal for train travel; it's connected to Lime St Station, and even has an entrance direct into the station itself. No need for being caught in the rain.

The Philharmonic is a good pub, but it's the best part of a mile away, and they ain't playing Moz all night. The Head of Steam is also ideal for train travel; it's connected to Lime St Station, and even has an entrance direct into the station itself. No need for being caught in the rain.

Half a mile, i'd say? My scouse mate said it was a mile, but when I walked it back (we arrived via taxi) it was a lot nearer than he had suggested. About 10 minutes walk i'd estimate?

Whats this place (Head of Steam) like? The pubs near to Lime Street always look a bit crap to me? When Morrissey played at the Royal Court a few years back I couldn't find a decent boozer nearby. They were all full of complete tossers.

To be honest, I don't care if they are playing Morrissey songs all night. I can (and do) listen to the songs whenever I like. I'd rather choose a pub that ticks the usual boxes!

Online reviews of the Head of Steam are all bad.

I'm on holiday that week, so wont be in Liverpool. My hub caps will be in the city though:rofl:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom